main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Current Tv shows, DVDs, and other things I like to let people know about.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Notclown-Joker, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. large_mammal

large_mammal Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2003
    People who support the SE's are idiots and deserve to be upset, the SE's are Teh suXX0rs

That's a pretty bold statement.
    I ENJOY the special editions.
    I think the real idiots are the the people who continue to stoke the flames by claiming one version of Star Wars is better than another.

In other (equally important) news: My dad can beat up your dad.

2. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    It may be arguing semantics, BUUUUUUUUUUUT

(every one has a big but in life, tell me about your big butt :) )

I always say Han shot first. Seeing as no one else shoots in the scene, I would say, yes, he shot first and last.

3. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    But first implies a second.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Well I think that the idiot talk needs to stop now. And I can beat up all your dads, so nih.

Yeah, Greedo never shot. Hand was on the gun the whole time.

5. Burger_King

Burger_King Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
    LOL this is pretty funny! you let a guy who has not posted here in 8 months, talk about how people are fighting on other boards bait you into talking about the new DVD's!

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    But we like talking about the new DVDs. Any excuse will work.

7. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    If we stop the idiot talk, I won't be able to post here anymore :(

What do you wanna bet 90% of the jokers that are complaining about the latest DVDs will have them on their own shelves before the end of year?

I'm willing to wager one kajillion dollars and 37 cents

8. large_mammal

Feb 7, 2003
    Make it 36 cents and you got a deal.

? ? ? ? ?

What do you wanna bet 90% of the jokers that are complaining about the latest DVDs will have them on their own shelves before the end of year?

Dude... I just can't make myself buy them.
    I'll burn copies, but I've already got 4 sets of the OT on my shelf as it is.

Sorry for the "idiot talk" - but I'm pretty sure most of what I say winds up being idiot talk anyway.
    And as for the dad thing - unless your dad is a cyborg ninja who works for the mafia (like mine is) he better watch his @**. :)

9. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Actually Dajuan said she could beat up everybodys dad or something.

10. large_mammal

Feb 7, 2003
    Crap.

...and just like that - I was shut down...

11. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Oh funny. CuppaJoe comes back to start the argument we've already had like 6 times. That was convenient for him.

12. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I'm not sure how many sets of the trilogy I have at home. But, I'm sure I'll get a set of these as well.

Then he'll probably release what everyone's going buggy for right now (in a couple of years), and I'll by that too.

I used to think my collecting was a sickness, Now - I'm sure it is :)

13. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    In 1000 years Star Wars will be a reglion. It kind of is now.
    Praise Jabba!

14. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I would like to see a merger of the two. The cool (new) death star blow up, the bantha's moving more ..but then, Han shooting first/only and no jaba and Han scene. I watched Empire Strikes back yesterday..still the best film of all. No improvements could be made on that one.

15. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Sorry. I have to say, I'm actually starting to enjoy the unaltered versions more and more :) I didn't mean to actually start anything.

On one hand it is great news that they are being relased, on the other...well..does it bother anyone that they are non-anamorphic? Should we be worried about the quality?

16. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Seems to me some people are going to be unhappy not matter what. You just can't please everyone, all the time...

I do wish TF.N would stop pushing it up on top of the news. It is just inflaming the situation.

17. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    The Sci-Fi channel will be showing what they are calling 'the essential episodes of The 4400' for two nights next week. Monday and Tue from 7 to 11pm. So now I can see it!

18. Burger_King

Burger_King Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
    an interseting thought on the DVD's coming out...

The short of it is that Lucas hates the way the original trilogy appeared back in the day, and appears to hate the fact that most fans prefer it that way. So, when he did those new SFX versions in the late nineties, he "taped over" the original negative. So how are they going to do a DVD transfer? Well, they're copying it directly off the Laserdisc copy they made way back when.

The DVDs are coming packaged with the newer versions; you cannot buy the originals without buying the "spiffed up" versions of the Episodes IV, V and VI. The reasons for this are obvious. For one, Lucas doesn't want to risk the embarassing possibility of the old crappy versions outselling the brand new ones. Second, he's almost certainly hoping that people will get fed up with the poor quality transfer of the original originals, and decide to pop in the other, crisper disc instead.

19. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    That's from the Digital Bits, right? They've had the most even-handed and logical coverage of this whole thing, I think. Can't say I disagree with them, either.

20. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
  21. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I love both the SE's and the unaltered versions. However...

I really, really want the original 1977 Star Wars. With Beru's original voice, no alterations to other charcter's voices, no "A New Hope", just for once!

Supposedly they are just taking out the "A New Hope" subtitle from the film and claiming it is the 1977 theatrical version [face_plain].

22. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Whatever. If it's good as quality as the laserdiscs, I'm happy.

23. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Is the quality of the laserdiscs even that good?

24. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Has Anyone got the Amazing Stories set yet?

25. Jango11

Jango11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2004
    Nightwatch just came out on DVD, looking forward to seeing the remaining 2 movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.