main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

custom board banners/icons

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    this is a thread where anyone who feels so-inclined can post any banners or icons they've made for this forum. anyone and everyone is welcome to voice their opinion on which one works the best, and hopefully very soon we can make our own board scheme :)

here is my first attempt so far

i know the sidebar needs work, and that mace is still peeking out on the side there.

2. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    I like that a lot, but I think you should leave out that bit of Mace, you see in the corner! :)

-Yoda ;)

3. Anakin28

Anakin28 Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2003
    I think it looks good..I especially like the X-wings flying over the Bay. Good job! I'm an artist, I'll try to draw some things for Rhode Squadron, if you wouldn't mind? :)

Anakin28

4. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    thanks for the feedback guys :) yeah mace is still peeking out there, i'm not sure how to fix that yet. working on it *buys much coffee*

anakin go for it! the more the merrier :)

5. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    looks very nice :)

6. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Anybody have icon suggestions?

-Yoda ;)

7. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    thanks strawbarry :)

i've got a couple of icon ideas here but i know they're a little bland...

8. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Good job on both the banner and Icons Carrie.

Not sure if you've seen it or not,but this thread here gives all the info for the banner sizes and custom color schemes,etc.Just thought it would be helpful :D

9. sjjediknight

sjjediknight Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2001
    I realize that being new to the chapter I do have not yet earned my right for input, but wanted to say that your work is awesome. A very nice overlay of our region with some very cool touches of a galaxy far far away!
    Great work!!!

10. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    I realize that being new to the chapter I do have not yet earned my right for input

au contraire, everyone's opinion and input is very valuable :) thanks :)

i have to figure out what the specs are for that "underneath" image where mace windu still is. otherwise i'm pretty happy with this one so far :)

11. Domina_Tagge

Domina_Tagge Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2001
    Cool, Carrie! I loved the banner. What we need now are TIE fighters blowing up my office building. *d'oh, did I just say that??*

12. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    just upping this thread for banner discussion. the banner we have on the rhodesquadron.com site, while nice, yeah it isn't quite in the dimensions TFN needs for their banners. my maya class is over now so i'll have more time to finish what i started...and as always, anyone is welcome to submit their own, or to make suggestions on mine :)

13. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    upping again to share my adventures i had today. i went all over the greater providence area, getting shots of the big blue bug and the independent man (which i think will look quite nice). then i got the bright idea to go stake out hasbro! here i am driving backwards down "hasbro way" to get a shot of the potato head and the sign that says "hasbro world headquarters" - it's a wonder i wasn't kicked out :p

14. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    And you make fun of Boston drivers! 8-}

15. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    There's a branch of Hasbro down the highway from me :)

16. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Carrie,

Cool that you got the giant bug picture. I forgot to get one over the weekend.

John

17. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    still working along on this, i haven't fogotten :) i was very busy with the book illustrations, and this week i had to fill in at my dad's for a girl who was on vacation, so next week i will have a new version uploaded. and i finally mastered the board colors, i think it will look très nice :)

18. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
  19. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    IT'S THE GIANT BUG!!!! *falls over laughing* That is so great!!

20. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
  21. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I really like it, but I thought we were going to go with the Del's Lemon as ad holders. And also, is there a way to make it so that the image of the bug looks more flush with the rest of the picture?

22. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Yeah, I want Dels! :mad:

;)

Looks cool. :) :D
    Infact, my only suggestion is like Sara's.. but also, have ya thought about merging and adding some transparency layers to make the bug look like he's going to eat Obi or so? [face_mischief]

:D

;)

23. Essence

Essence Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    Watch your back Obi-Wan!

Very nice...It's coming along nicely. I like the word nice.

24. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    nice is good, nice is nice, nice goes with everything ... even rice! (long story) :p

anyway here are two more links:

new board

new board with a slight variation

here's what i did:

added leia to the sidebar (we needed some girl power).
    added yoda and mace to the transition from main to background (covering what used to be just a plain diffused transition).
    rearranged the "bubbles" so that waterfire was more prominent, and that the orange skied newport bridge wasn't next to gavin's orange flight suit.
    added del's as the adholders.

in the second link i tilted the adholders just for something a little different. i'd like to add drop shadows but i haven't had time.

thoughts?

25. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    You could switch Mace and Obiwan then flip Obiwan so it would look like the bug is attacking him and he is defending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.