main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Custom Icons Submission Thread Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Bria, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Because the old thread was nearing the 5k post mark and already causing problems, I'm taking it upon myself to create a new thread. From the sounds of it over in To whoever is upping the thread in here... anyone can restart it, so I am. :)

Many thanks to Whimper for the original Custom Icon Submission thread. He said it so well, I'm quoting him from here on out (since he's no longer with us :():

As per NathanDahlin's post @ Icons please submit your own icon creations for review by Nat and the mods. If they're good, there may be (just maybe) a chance that they become official icons here on the JC.

Note: Please be aware that not everyone is spoiled for Episode3. Make your icons accordingly. A spoiler stops being a spoiler when it is posted at the Official Site (ie, a name, image, story/plot idea, etc).

Regular User Icons must be 50x50 pixels in size, and be clear representations of Star Wars characters or insignias. Include in your post a description of the icon, and a hyper-link to the image.

Icons will be uploaded on a regular, monthly schedule. To find out which icons are under consideration, please go the The JC Icon Waiting Room. The first cut is the raw group of icons culled from over thirty artists' websites (as well as miscellaneous requests). The second cut is taken from the first and the third and final cut will be uploaded. Every icon on the aforementioned page will be uploaded in due time, but just because it makes it past the first cut one time, it doesn't mean it will automatically be in the second cut the next. When uploading, we look for diversity in the icons. Please keep this in mind.

The current Icon Managers are Lord Bane and Kadue.

NathanDahlin - [Disclaimer] I wrote this without consulting any other admins, but here's the deal as I see it:

We're adding new icons as much as possible, but it's a slow process. If you know of a character that you think would be a big hit (e.g. Lobot, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, etc.), just make your own icon in gif format...50 X 50 pixels in size and send me a URL to it. I'll then post it in the Admin-only forum for Nic to use.

The beauty of this is that you, my fellow JCers, may be able to be a part of the creation of these icons (and did I mention that it'll get you the icons you want a lot quicker? ). It'll be a bit of work, but as of right now I think the only person actively working on icons is Amy Pronovost (ArtyEwok) and we don't want her to shoulder all the burden.

Now, I don't think we'll be able to do personalized images (e.g. a picture of your face or pet), but if you want to make one that you'd be willing to share with hundreds of like-minded SW fans, more power to you!

Happy pic-making!

And finally, a link to all the icon pages.

Edit by Lobot_Omy: Just edited some parts of this post to keep it up to date. :D

BRIA EDIT: New thread. :)

2. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    WOO! New thread!!

For any new peeps who might mosey on in here let me provide a link to the Icon Maker Listing

Time to update the bookmarks!

3. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    Well since we're in a new page... Oh wait we're now in a whole new THREAD... Here's my link.

4. Bria

May 15, 1999
    :eek: Eep! You're right, Lolipon! I hadn't even thought of that. [face_blush] Many of us (including myself) will need to update the link to this thread on their page. I'll do it on my either this evening or tomorrow. :)

In case anybody forgets to do this, I did include a link to this thread at the bottom of the old one. ;)

~*~Bria

5. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Clean clean clean clean thread!

6. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Well either I messed something up or GeoCities took a crap on me. Either way, my icon page is nothing but a blank screen at the moment. I'll work on getting them back up in the next day or so.

7. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Take a look at my icons, links in the sig, should be updating soon.

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Added Yoda with Lightsaber and Captain Tyhpoo.

9. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I want oneof my Kyp icons uploaded. Snap-hiss requested one made. I did four :)

There, I tried to sell myself :)

My Wraith icons will be on my site when the evil geocities lets me add them

10. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    This will be a day long remembered. RIP old icons thread.

Behold a link to my icons, for those who care. Here you will find Princess Leia out the wazoo, posters, George Lucas jokes and the almighty "Pimp Yoda" icon. Truly an icon repository to be cherished and treasured for years to come.

ANYWAY...

http://members.tripod.com/~Adam_P_B/jcicons

:)

11. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    For the new thread: My icons can be found on my site. The link is in my sig.

12. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Can people make requests in here? I'm not very good at editing and stuff.

If anyone can, I'd like one of the new Owen Lars from AOTC. My girlfriend would get a kick out of having Joel Edgerton as my icon since she has a bit of thing for him.

Anyway, thanks.

13. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    YAY!! New thread!!! Thanks Bria! :)

And, since we're brand-spanking new in here, here's my icon site. **starts chanting** Handmaidens! Handmaidens! Handmaidens!...

Wedge3210, I think there *is* a young Owen/Joel Edgerton icon already. Would that one work for you, or do you want a different version? :)

kreleia ^.^

14. Bria

May 15, 1999
    No problem! :) Those triple and quadruple posts were getting annoying. :p ;)

*looks up* OH!!!! KADUE!!! Mr.Bluemoon is returning!!! :) That's great. :D It's probably easier for the icons being uploaded if there are two people handeling them. ;) :)

~*~Bria

15. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Well here we go again... :)

http://www.geocities.com/neongospel/icon.html

16. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Hi, I'm a brand new City Rep, but I am rather attached to my old icon. :)

Would some kind soul out there be willing to add the "City Rep" label to the icon of the stormtrooper holding the doughnut? I'd be very grateful...

Hats off, by the way, to whoever created it in the first place! Whenever I see it, I think of "Look, Sir! Doughnuts!" :)

Cheers,

- Rani

17. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    Ahh the smell of a new thread... :D

Anyways, from now on, the link to my JC Icons site is in my sig :)

EDIT: Could either LordBane or Kadue put the link to the List of JC Icon Makers in the first post? It might be useful :)

18. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
  19. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
  20. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Let me have a look...

I can't seem to find it.

Hmmm... I think I'll just wait around with this one anyway. I like it quite a bit. Hats off to whomever did it!!!

21. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Since we're on a new thread, here's a link to my icons page:

My JC Icons page

22. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    A brand spanking new thread eh? Maybe I should make a few new icons of my own to celebrate this event.

23. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    Nice very nice. Don't forget my icons (link in sig)

Rani I made the doughnut findin stormtrooper, I'll add a city rep to it, unless someone else does it first.

24. _Padme_

_Padme_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    New thread... cool :cool:

I've added some new icons (Han, Luke, Mace & Padmé) to celebrate it :p ;).

_Padme_'s Icons

25. Jedi_April

Jedi_April Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    I love Padme's icon page. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.