main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Custom Icons Submission Thread Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Bria, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    The reason for the lack last month was that the servers that the icons were held on were being worked on and as part of that, the account that we access the server through started playing up and we only just got the password a week or two ago.

But both LB and I are working on a new update and we should have it up in the next week or two.

2. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Will we know then which are getting dropped?

3. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    JediJSolo: I like your Jacen/Traitor icons also. The only differences that I see in mine is the background (obviously) which I can change, and I also got rid of the lines that go across Jacen's face.

4. Chandra

Chandra Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2002
    Late to the bandwagon, but my icons are here.

Thank you muchly. :)

5. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    I'd just like to say that I've finally installed Photoshop on my new computer, so I should be able to make icons again. It's been over a month since my last one.

Nice new thread here too.

Erik

6. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Chandra: Your new Padme with the blueish light colored background is really nice!

7. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    You did a good job with getting rid of the lines, boushh. I didn?t want to toy with the lines on his face (although I had fun with the background) because I was afraid I?d screw up the face, and I didn?t think they were that big of a deal. I?m used to working with drawings, so I was a little hesitant to mess with something that looked that real.

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
  9. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I'm sure we'll let you see the "drop" list when it is finalized.

10. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Those are all real good Grimby!

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    thanks! i've suddenly got this urge to make more icons. it happens to me in spurts. the last time it happened, i made like 22 in one night.....

12. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Okay, I finally got mine back up. (though I have yet to figure out what I did that deleted them)

Link's in my sig. :)

13. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    1 new icon tell me what you think.

Also added Look Sir city rep icon here.

14. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Okay, here is the list of those that we are planning on removing. It doesn't include the admin and CR ones as we haven't finalised those yet.

15. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Wow, I use some of those. :( That's sad. I like NJO Han and that ESB Han and Leia one. And the Obi Vanity Fair... Oh well...

I have to put in a vote for Spiderdevil's Bart with the saber. :)

And Theron's Biggs icon, too!

16. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Huh? Why are you removing those? I see A LOT of people who use those icons, and I mean a lot. And besides, one of my only two icons that have been uploaded is there (Luke Pyre).

17. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    I disagree with getting rid of the original Jaina icon, and the new Tahiri icon. I see the Tahiri icon used on a regular basis in the lit forum, and Rebecca191 uses the Jaina icon and has since before I started posting here. I would hate to see those icons go. I think there are other icons that might be more worthy of being deleted than the Jaina and Tahiri icons.

18. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Why so MANY?! :eek: Seriously, why are icons being removed at all? Bandwidth drain or somethin'?

And why Salacious Crumb? :(

Things I'd prefer you kept:
    ? First row: Both the Anakins. They're quite popular.
    ? Second row: Again, very popular.
    ? Fourth row: Chewie, clones and Maul
    ? Fifth row: Vader being shocked, just 'cause it looks cool.
    ? Sixth row: Anakin.
    ? Seventh row: Han/Leia kiss.
    ? Eighth row: Obi-Wan.
    ? Tenth row: Aw, don't delete the Leias, particularly the one in the white headdress!
    ? Fourteenth row: Young Obi-Wan, Oppo Rancisis.
    ? Fifteenth row: Padmes and Palpy. (But yes, Penny Arcade should GO.)
    ? Sixteenth row: Plo Koon.
    ? Seventeenth row: Pyre.
    ? Eighteenth row: SALACIOUS CRUMB, Slave Leia.
    ? 22nd row: Vader against red.

I agree that a lot of those icons won't be missed, but I think that's way too many to cut, personally.

And I looooove my Salacious Crumb! :_|

19. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    I think they actually need to get rid of that many. My question is why are Tahiri and Jaina going, but the Reek and the Vornskr are staying? I mean no disrespect to the people who created those icons, but I honestly haven?t seen them used. Of course, I spend most of my time in the Lit and EUC forums, so I could be wrong about how often they are really used?

20. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    gah! my royal guard icon is being removed!
    i've had this icon for over a year.
    *sigh*

so does this mean that more and more icons will be removed as new ones get added? how will this be handled?

21. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Woah. 8 of mine. I like my planet ones... :( Ah well.

Anyway... I do not think that my Tahiri should be removed. She is a very popular Lit character I think getting rid of her would upset a *lot* of people as I see her in Lit, the EUC, FanFiction, the JCC, and the role playing forums. I also disagree on my Qui-Gon being removed. If you're going to remove one of my Qui-Gons, why remove the better of the two? I really don't care much for my Qui-Gon with saber and think if one of the is going to go, it should be that one.

Icons that aren't mine that I'd like to see stay:

Han: I wouldn't get rid of *all* four of the ones pictured. That'd leave us with only two Han icons, Han on Hoth and Han's panicked. Those are good icons, bu I think one of the four should stay instead of Han's panicked.

Leia: I wouldn't get rid of the ANH Leia with the hood on the purple background. I'd pick either the Endor profile Leia or the Leia icon that is in the same clothing as the one you're thinking of removing.

Just MHO. ;)

~*~Bria

22. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Noooooooooooooooo Don't delete the Vader on in the 5th row! I love this icon!! :(

23. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Okay... I'll try to do this without whining too much about my beloved Salacious Crumb or all those nice Leias...

(1) What was the criteria for selecting what icons could go?

(2) Why must icons be removed in the first place? (Other than the Duality ones, which we needn't go into now.)

If anything has to be removed I personally suggest all those @#$?! Podracer pilots, but that's just me.

I love the yellow Salacious though! Nooooo :_|

Rick McCallum loves you!

24. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    I know, I don't understand some of these removal choices. I don't see why some characters that are very popular and have only one icon (like Tahiri) should get removed. I'm sure a lot of people might be upset.

25. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I forgot to mention the N'Sync replacement icon... I think that one should go. ;)

Oh, and just incase you haven't thought of it, remember that after Celebration II (but hopefully not before because I want to put one of them up when I'm away ;)) you'll be deleting 5 Celebration icons. If that helps save a few because you know it'll only be a few weeks until those are removed. :)

~*~Bria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.