main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Custom Icons Submission Thread Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Bria, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    There is nothing wrong in sticking up for your friends. :) However, it is advisible you do so in a respectiful manner. If you attack a mod with anger, chances are you'll earn yourself a spanking, which really doesn't help your friend at all. Also, if they feel that, they should come in here and give their opinions or PM them to Kadue. He's been very willing to listen. :)

~*~Bria

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I would prefer to leave the smiling Padme from the picknick, than the other.

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    One more thing.

In addition to my plea to delete the green Salacious instead of the yellow one... we gotta get a replacement Slave Leia in, fast. If anyone out there is particularly proud of a Slave Leia icon they've made, please let it be known.

Rick McCallum loves the yellow Salacious icon!

4. bandykullan_

bandykullan_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    Guess I have to say goodbye to my icon. :( But don't see this as a plea, I'm just a sock and my owner hasn't stood up for my icon, I can also understand the objections against it.

It was fun to have a really aggressive icon, with my team's colours in the background.

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    If you have to get rid of a Vader get rid of this one

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/darthvader.gif]

6. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I can't believe that Qui-Gon and TPM Anakin are going to have 2 icons each, yet there are 5 Jar Jar icons. Kyle Katarn has 2 and he's from a video game!

Save the 2 Qui's on the list and axe the one with him holding his lightsaber and the close up. Both are kinda grainy. The photo one on the list to be removed is much clearer and the JA cover one is just more interesting.

My Cuts Suggestions
    Chewie Choking Lando - lack of use
    Count Dooku with lightsaber - quality (can't really see him due to glare)
    The Shield Generator - quality, lack of use
    Tatooine w/ Jawa - lack of use
    Bespin - lack of use
    Michonne Bourriague - Blink and you miss her in the movie, yet she has an out of character icon?
    Imperial Shuttle - lack of use
    Vornskr - lack of use
    Padme AotC (In the outfit she greets Ani and Obi in in the FL trailor) - quality, lack of use
    Look Sir, Donuts! - too many stormtroopers and it just isn't that funny
    AT-ST - lack of use
    2-1B - lack of use
    R4-P17 - lack of use
    Tey How - lack of use
    One of the Naboo N1 Starfighters - lack of use
    One of the TIE fighters - too many
    Lobot with eyes closed - lack of use, there is another (better) icon
    One or 2 of the Battle Droids - lack of use and there are 3
    One or 2 Jar Jar's - THERE ARE 5!
    A Lando one - There are 4
    Some of the Artoo's - I love him, but he's got too many and he never looks any different
    Bongo - beautiful icon, rarely used
    Hoth Speeder - lack of use
    Teebo - Too hard to figure out who it is
    A Jabba - There are 3
    Joh Yowza - lack of use
    A couple of OT Ben's - There are 8
    Edcel Bargane - lack of use

7. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Get rid of a lot of those EU ones that half the people don't know what they are, like that one Ringwraith or whatever it is, demon thingy... :p

As for the Salacious Crumb one, I've not seen anyone use the green one, but I've seen many use the yellow one, so please get rid of the Green Salacious Crumb icon. :)

8. robfett

robfett Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2002
    I can make some nice icons. Unfortunately I don't have a website, so uh, I was sorta looking for some help. Maybe I could e-mail one of em to you guys and see what you think! Except can you tell me who would be the right person to send em to? Thanks a million.

9. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Kardue,

First off have you even looked through these icons?or have you just picked them at random. Although I may not have an icon up on the board, I speak for everyone who has an icon up on that list. Yes, I can see getting rid of the grainy ones but some people have a mission to use one icon ever since they have been on?and now you plan to take that fun away from them. All I have to say is that you are a MEGALOMANIACAL little ****. How dare you do this to us.

1. It is KADUE. Get it right.

2. Notice how others gave thought out answers? Learn that that is the way to go.

10. robfett

robfett Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2002
    Can someone please answer my question? Thanks again!

11. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    I'm a bit confused on your remarks about the Pyre icon. What do you mean that it's hard to make out? Anyway, it's a powerful scene that many users use.

Besides, it leaves me with only one icon at TFN, and.. the other one is the one I have now, and NO ONE besides me uses it.

12. TheRealBoushh

TheRealBoushh Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    I think what Kadue meant was that if you didn't know which scene it was, a person might not be able to tell exactly what it is they are looking at. I don't totally agree with that as it's what I consider to be one of the most powerful scenes in the O.T., but I think that was his point. On that and on Vader getting electrocuted...

If that is the reason, then Floating Yoda should still go because it very hard to tell what is happening.

13. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Errr.. but I don't think that's it. If I hadn't seen ROTJ, I would have no idea what I'm looking at when I see your icon. And there's quite a few icons in the EU which I have no idea what's going on.

My point is, I think everyone knows what the scene is.

14. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I still would rather see the

"Han/Leia almost kiss"

and

"the kiss from Endor"

icons *stay* and lose the one where they are facing away from each other. I think it's very obvious that Han and Leia are from two separate pictures in that icon and I'm not thrilled with their expressions either. I'm willing to bet that I'm not alone when it comes to this opinion. :)

15. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I totally agree with boushh2187. The red was nice at first, being the first Han/Leia icon, but it's has the least quality of the three.

Emperor_Dan: I agree with you, but I really think that Kadue was saying that if you didn't know what it was, you might not be able to recognize it. Then again, it is one of the most powerful (IMHO at least) images in the OT...

Oh, and on Vader... I think the blue Vader on Kadue's list (not the one in the shadows) is the one to go. I can't say the last time I saw someone use it where as I've seen people this very night using the original Vader icon (darthvader.gif). :)

~*~Bria

16. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Nevermind.

17. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I added two new icons (Leia and Padmé) to my new Geocities site: http://www.geocities.com/the_lady_ex. Whoever's responsible for updating the Icon Makers List please update mine to the new adress. :) Thanks! :)

18. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Another icon I think could go is the AOTC Padme on the pillar with the ripped back. If you don't know what it is you can't see it at all.

19. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Okay, gone through the icons, taken suggestions, gone through 'em again, taken more suggestions......

Unless I'm going to absolutely crush someone's whole world with one of my choices, this is the list of those being cut.

Now, as I've said above, some will be replaced by other icons of the same theme, so don't worry too much if there are too many of one icon type going, just tell me of it.

Also, the Celebration ones will go after CII has finished.

Bria - On the Yoda's you missed the "Concentrate" one.

20. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Kadue: "I have your permission to proceed, my lord?"

Rest of posters: "Wipe them out. All of them."

Some guy who loved his Anthony Daniels icon: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Thank you Kadue for taking the suggestion about Salacious Crumb and sparing the yellow one. My heart is now beating regularly again for the first time in a week. :D

Edit: Slave Leia must return with a newer, better, crisper icon. Heck, I'll get working on it myself as soon as I have time!

Rick McCallum loves you!

21. R2RNOT

R2RNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2000
    I have one humble request. Please save the "Ani Racer" icon. Instead, you could delete this one...

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/anilaugh.gif]
    which has an almost identical, but better, alternate. That would help preserve a little variety.

22. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I'm still a bit sad some of them are going(loved the RL Porman one with the single strand over her face :) ), but thats a lot better

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Yes, that horrible Senator Padme one should be deleted and never seen again. Lack of quality. What about those handmaiden ones? We are going to introduce new ones, right?

R2RNOT: I agree about variety. But that older Anakin icon is utterly adorable.

I have two simple requests:

Top Row: End - One of the best Padme ones, especially considering she actually smiles.

6th Row: End - One of the most popular Han icons. Why not delete 'stormin' or whatever it is?

Am [face_love]

24. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Just a quick note I forgot to add, I'll be doing the deleting this time tomorrow.

25. R2RNOT

R2RNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2000
    It's adorable but it's almost exactly like this one...
    [image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/FLSmileAni.gif]
    Which, I have to admit, is better and more popular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.