Custom Icons Submission Thread Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Bria, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Kadue Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually R2RNOT, one of them is going.
  2. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    So, any idea when the new ones are getting uploaded, Kadue?
  3. Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    (repost)

Why not delete all the Admin only and fanforce rep icons first?!

There are tons of them, and all the do is serve a few to make them feel special about them selves. A lot of them are identical to normal icons anyways.

I can't believe they're getting rid of so many great icons just like that.

I saw about 5 or 6 Obi-Wan Kenobi icons on the list. That's madness.

The great gunship one with a ship in the background is awesome....so's the Dooku with saber salute.

I say, first we get rid of all the ego icons (Admin/fanforce rep) they already have special privilages and colors. Then we get rid of the the fanfilm, video games, and other things like that, then if needed the EU. But why get rid of a ton of great movie ones? I can understand getting rid of a couple if they're really old and bad, and redudant...but geeze. So many great ones on the list.

Fight the power!

(end of repost)

Alrighty. :p

Really, this isn't anything to get into a tiff about. But I just looked at the icons that are suppose to get the ax, and I think it's nuts. I say delete the admin icons first. No need to take things away from the hundreds of members on the site just so an admin can have their very own preeeciooouussse ( :p ) icon. Or have a normal JC icon with the litte 'Admin' 'Rep' thing at the bottom.
  4. Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    so, in the end i guess it didn't really matter that i asked you to save the icon i use...

i suppose that being a "newbie" didn't help my case? if so, that is such a shame

it is in my opinion that the JC is leaning towards an oligarchy
  5. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    it is in my opinion that the JC is leaning towards an oligarchy

Never..... :p
  6. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If you're going for the ability to tell what exactly the scene in the icon is, you'd have to get rid of most of the EU ones, for most people don't know what they are, whereas 99% of people know the stuff from the movies. ;)
  7. slavegirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Please, please don't delete the Obi-Wan/Jango kiss. It's a great icon, and I couldn't bear to lose it. :(
  8. Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ben Kenobi,

that was actually a very composed "rewording" of what i really wanted to say ;)
  9. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    I love newbies with opinions. ;) :D As long as they aren't subversive, that is. ;)
  10. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Ewan-Kenobi, a lot of admin and cr icons are going to go, since there are many that aren't used, it's just that that selection haven't been finalised yet.

Also the icons with admin and City Rep under them do serve a purpose, today there are so many different kind of coloured users around that the icons help new (and old) people to clearly see the difference between them, before they have learnt about the different colourscheme that they use.

*starts searching for new icons to her socks*
  11. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, if you still are going to remove the Pyre icon, by this point, there's nothing I can do.

We can agree to disagree :)
  12. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    The pyre is one of the few left that I disagree with removing. Pedantically, you could argue that people who don't know what it is wouldn't get it, but very few people come here not having seen Star Wars.
  13. Lolipon Jedi Knight

star 3
    I updated the icon maker listing w/ Lil_Lisa's new address Link

Kadue: All I ask is that the Blue Padme be replaced with my updated version here PUH-LEEZZEEE :)
  14. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    Ok, Kadue. That looks much better. I forgot about the Concentrate Yoda as it's under humor, not Characters OT or Jedi. ;) I'm much happier now to know there will be more than 2 of Yoda. :)

I was so focused on Tahiri and the handmaidens I forgot aobut my own Han. [face_blush] I totally agree on my Leia on Hoth icon as it's not the best and I haven't seen it used much. However on my ESB Han I see it used a lot, but tons of different people. On the other hand, I can't say the last time I saw this Han in use: Personally, I like this icon better than Han's panicked, but I do know of several people who are using Han's panicked, so I'd go with removing the ANH Han (which is somewhat blurry and shiny around the cheek) over the ESB Han...

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/han.gif]

instead of

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/hanicon5.gif]

On the laughing Anakin, which one will be removed? Neither is displayed on your page (just the Padmé version) so I'm curious. I agree with R2RNot that this should be the one to go:

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/anilaugh.gif]

Lastly (then I promise I'll shut up ;)... I thought that I'd point out that [image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/eirtae.gif] isn't on that list. I love that icon, but considering you'll be uploading a new icon of her, it doesn't really sense that Saché is going bye bye but there will be two Eirtaé icons... I mean after the clean up there won't be two icons of even Sabé and she definately had the biggest handmaiden role in TPM. ;)

~*~Bria
  15. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    just posting one last plea to save the boba fett holiday special icon, since it is now on the final list, probably won't do any good though, a real shame :(
  16. Kadue Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Kerr_Plunk - I did read what you had written, and if I didn't reply to it in the mass list, sorry. It was sheer oversight, not specifically ignoring you because you are new. As for why I will remove that specific Leia, we do have a large number of her already, and while it is a nice pic, when I originally uploaded it, I did so with the idea that it mightn't stay all that long. The other Leia's that are being kept are more popular and are of different shots.

Bria - The Ani one isn't up there? Bother. I thought I added it. But it is the anilaugh.gif one that will go.

As for your suggestion over the Han's, I can live with that.

On the Handmaidens, I was going to leave the Eirtaé that you've shown, so that we would have a red, purple, green and yellow handmaiden when I've finished. But I'm pretty sure that there is only one of her.

EK - We are removing about 20 admin icons, which is about a third of their total, and 35-40 CR ones, again, about a quarter to a third of the total. It's just as Obi Anne said, we haven't finished deciding on all of them since I didn't go through that list until after I posted the regular icon page in this thread.
  17. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    Cool. :) Thanks Kadue. :D

~*~Bria
  18. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I can't believe the VF Obi is going. It's such a great pic. I guess I can only hope a better icon of the same pic is on slate to be uploaded.
  19. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    Sir,

I have a simple request.

Please, please, do not delete 3 icons. I beg of you.

They are the Lando Calrissian on Row 10. Please.

[image=http://kadue1.tripod.com/removable/lando.gif]

I see that my precious 2-1B is not on the hit-list. Thank god.

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/2-1b.gif]

But please, I beg you do not delete the 2-1B City Rep icon. I have been 2-1B since I got here.

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/cityrepicons/21b_cr.gif]

I understand your reasons for wanting to take some of the load off of the server, but the 2-1B City Rep and regular icon are very important to me. Please.

I know this sounds overdramatic, but I am being serious.

Thanks you sir.

G-S
  20. Balance_Point Jedi Master

star 4
    Rats, my icon is on the cut list. :_| Oh well, I guess it's time to move on...

I do have one case to make before I do, though, though it probably won't matter. Kadue, I can understand why you're deleting one of the Jacen icons, but I really think that if you have to, it should be the older one. It's not as good, and though it used to be seen around fairly often on the Lit forums, it's rarely used anymore, whereas a lot of Jacen fans like JJS's newer one. Even if we eventually get another new Jacen icon (like from Traitor's cover), I don't see the point in deleting the more popular of the two in the meantime. Anyway, just thought I'd bring my humble plea to your attention. :)
  21. Ben_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah I'm surprised the Jango/Obi kiss and the Dooku Saber Salute and the Natalie Portman icon on the 13th row are being deleted. Those are used by alot of people..
  22. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't understand...

nobody is deleting this icon:[image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/Ackbar2.gif]

but your are deleting this one [image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/ackbar.gif]

@ the first ackbars doesn't really look great. Oh yeah, the quality is good but the pic itselve isn't. So if you delete ackbar you'd better get a good one in return... (or else... :D)
  23. UK Sullustian Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeh, in PS(A), the "Man-Kiss" seems strangely popular. :)

I think that it should be kept, if only for it's confusing abilities on adolescent young boys....

UKS
  24. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
  25. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Just wanted to know my website's temporarily down. Some bill that hasn't been paid problem... ;)
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.