main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Custom Icons Submission Thread Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Bria, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Kadue, I like it that you will put up one each of the handmaidens, and I think that the Eirtae one is the most beautiful of them, so keep it!

2. doubleofive

doubleofive Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2002
    yes revolver! the official symbol of the revolution!

3. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    The only problem with the handmaidens is that with two of them, Saché and Yané, the only half way decent pictures of them are in the same outfit, the flame dress.

Kadue mentioned uploading the newer versions kreleia made, but I was just pointing out that one of them is Eirtaé and I don't think he wants two of the same character... that's why the one Sabé is going... so I really don't know which way he wants to go, but I'm willing to take it to the RHS and get their imput. Since that group uses the different handmaidens most of all... :)

I do think the current Eirtaé would look better with a black border instead of white though. ;)

~*~Bria

4. Caine

Caine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002

I wanted to follow up on Balance_Point's comments on the Jacen icon.

Although I understand the decision to remove this icon, I hope you will accept a new Jacen icon from the Traitor cover. Afterall, Jaina has two icons.

I like JJS' Traitor icons (the first one especially). :p

EDIT: Once you remove this icon, I will be icon-less again :( I refuse to use the other Jacen icon - I honestly don't like it at all.

5. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    Shouldn't Kadue have pulled the trigger on the old icons by now? ?[face_plain]

6. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Please don't delete my beloved binary sunset icon!

Please consider that there are no other icons like it (unlike for many of the movie and book characters). Also, it represents the defining moment of the original film. I've seen countless people on these boards mention the binary sunset scene as one of (if not THE) the best scenes of the saga.

7. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I was wondering the same thing... guess he's busy at the moment...

~*~Bria

8. Ben Kenobi

Mar 27, 2000
    Hehe a mod being busy, imagine that. ;) :p

9. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Well, the icons have gotten a day's reprieve. If you follow one of my latests posts, you'll see I picked up the AotC novel today, and finished it less than an hour ago. It's now really late for me, so I'll do this tomorrow. :)

10. Ben Kenobi

Mar 27, 2000
    Crazy Aussie.

Heh ok, one more day for those particularly emotionaly attached to say good-bye.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Bria, if I've gotten it right he removes the Sache and Yane becacuse that they are in the same dress, not because that there are several of the characters. Isn't it possible to just rename the Eirtae icon, after one of the other handmaidens that wore that dress. ;)

12. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Oh, I'm sure it's the dress. ;) But the clearest shots of those two are in the same dress. :( I also got the impression they were trying to limit the amount of 'minor character' to one icon each (like Ki-Adi-Mundi or Plo Koon (sp?)).

*sigh* Hopefully we can get a Dormé up soon. :D

~*~Bria

13. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Dormé would be great!

If you need a pic to make a Dormé icon, here you go!

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/dorme/dorme.jpg]

:D

14. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    So I only have one more day with my beloved icon? :( Please Kadue, don't delete it. It's quite a popular one and much better than some of the ones that are staying.

Pretty please? :D

15. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I've already made a Dormé icon as have others. :) Thanks though. :D

I thought of something that might work out for Saché... I'll investigate and see what I can find. :)

~*~Bria

16. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
  17. Ben Kenobi

Mar 27, 2000
    It was your charms that kept it here, Lisa. ;)

18. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    Lisa I like that bikini Leia, very nice.

4 new icons What you think.

19. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    I like the Hobbie and Snow Trooper, Theron.

20. Bria

May 15, 1999
    What do I think? I think I get too much spam mail. That's what I think. :mad:

Oh, sorry... you meant for your icons, Theron! :p :D I really like the Hobbie one. I'm not sure they'd upload a second, but I still like it. The Imperial Conference one though is kinda tough to tell what it is. I think Darth Vader is in there, but I can't really tell what is going on... ?[face_plain]

~*~Bria

21. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    The Imperial thingy has Tarkin, Motti, Vader and Tagge all looking at a large screen. Actually I just put it up, to put it up. I didn't expect feedback on it anyway. I may even delete it, haven't decided yet.

22. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Well since TFN is going to remove so many beloved icons due to server space, etc., I assume this means no more uploading of new icons either?!? That would be a shame. It was almost getting to where every member could have their own individual icon and I always looked forward to the latest uploading of icons every month or so. Oh well. :(

Maybe I am wrong. :confused:

23. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    We'll still upload new icons. We were just removing the chaff.

24. Bria

May 15, 1999
    No, we still get new ones. :)

Anyway... I looked around and found out that Saché can be seen in the yellow dress. That is just perfect as the Eirtaé (whom kreleia did in the yellow dress) is the dark crimson red outfit, Sabé is in battle dress, Yané will remain in the red flame dress, and kreleia's new Rabé in green will be uploaded. :D I made some Saché's in yellow tonight and will post here when the RHS has picked which it likes best. :)

~*~Bria

25. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Benny: Thanks! 8-}

Theron: Nice Snowtrooper!

Bria: [face_laugh]

EDIT: Added a new Mara icon. :) Also updated the bride Leia icon--again! 8-} But strange that there's a white background where it should be transparent. :confused: I've been doing exactly the same thing for the slave Leia one, but it turned out without the white background. What's goin on? :confused: Is there a programme error with my Photoshop or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.