main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Custom Icons submission thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Whimper, May 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Added mounted clone trooper(from Clone Campains)

2. Rimkar

Rimkar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 1999
    At first when I saw you guys' Super Battle Droids I was like, "How did they get those pictures?! I haven't seen those!" And now I find that they're readily availabe at the OS... [face_blush] So, of course, I had to try my own version of the...

Super Battle Droid :)

3. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
  4. Darth Void

Darth Void Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2000
    Rimkar- Nice SBD!

Larko- awesome new Icons!

5. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I updated my page this evening. In the EU section I added an icon of Jacen and Anakin Solo and in the Movie section I added 3 prequel icons: 2 of Barriss Offee and one of Shaak Ti. Comments are appreciated. :)

I don't think Shaak Ti turned out too well. Theron's icon of her would be a *much* better upload, than mine. ;)

Link to my page is in my sig. ;)

~*~Bria

6. Rimkar

Aug 23, 1999
    Thanks Void. :)

Bria- your blending job on the transparent edges looks very nice with the Barriss icons. They do seem to be a little bit on the light side though. I know for a fact that her face is a darker color.
    Your Shaak Ti suffers from the same problem (IMHO) as your Ki-Adi. Too much of the icon is occupied by the background. In that particular icon the background is also just a color, which doesn't exactly make for that interesting of a picture. :)

7. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    I agree with Rimkar. The face of your 2nd Barriss Offee icon seems alittle pale. :)

Btw, bria, do you still have the picture of Depa Billaba? If so, could you send it to me? I'd like to make a female Jedi Council icon like the male one i have. :)

8. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I created an icon from one of my favorite simpsons episodes ever; the one with Mark Hamill.

So just go to my page to see my icon of simpsons luke.

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    please forgive my ignorance everyone as i haven't been to this thread in months (or the JC for that matter). over the past few months i've been away from this place for weeks at a time and every time i come back i swear i see another one of my icons in use here. are there any records kept for the credits to each icon in use?

10. Rimkar

Aug 23, 1999
    Well, if you didn't want your icons to keep getting uploaded, you shouldn't have made them so nice in the first place! ;)
    But to answer your question, no, an official record isn't kept. Although most iconmakers do make a note individually of which of their icons are in use.

11. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
  12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    thanks for the compliment rimkar :D

it might be a good idea though to keep a record somewhere don't you think? the other day i noticed the masked lando icon and i thought it was mine, only to realize that it wasn't - almost exaclty the same as the one i made months ago just slightly different. i'm not trying to put anyone down here, i just think that an official credit list or something would keep things clear. especially for those of us like me who don't frequent this thread all the time. besides, i'm probably not the only one who gets all warm and tingly inside when they find one of their icons in use.... ;)

13. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Thanks for your comments, Rimkar and Ben Skywalker. I totally agree on Shaak Ti, which is why I said Theron's would be better. I really don't go to spoiler pages, but she's in the banner, and I found her name on Theron's site, so then I just did an image search on her. Unfortunately, there have been only a few pictures, and none of them very good. The one I was using was too dark for me to figure out where the back of her head was. :p

I like how my first Barriss Offee turned out, but toally agree on the second one. It's too fuzzy/blurry/light, whatever you want to call it. I'll try to fix it up ASAP. :)

Thanks again for the comments. :)

j-m-t: I thought I'd let you know that 4 of your images didn't show up: Ep2 Padme on Tatooine, Padme in Gold, Padme in Blue, and ESB Vader in Chamber. Your Ep.2 Padme in cloak is nice, but I think it's a bit too dark aroudn Padme's face. I love your ESB Lando and ROTJ Rystall. :)

~*~Bria

14. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    :eek:

Thanks for the heads up Bria!
    I guess I forgot to upload some of the icons. //kicks self//

Fixed now. :D

15. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
  16. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    Hi i have one but i dont know how to post it i will try here if not its on me website

Tantivs world

It`s a picture of the TANTIVE IV can someone help please

17. Bria

May 15, 1999
    No problem, j-m-t. Looking much better now. I forgot to add that the name of your EpII ??? is Shaak Ti. ;)

Theron: Looking good. I'd probably move in a little closer to their faces though. :)

Ben Skywalker: I forgot to ask earlier... what picture of Depa were you talking about?

TANTIV: I'm assuming you'd like an icon of the Tantive IV made from that picture, correct?

~*~Bria

18. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    Yeah that's true for the Sarris and Chiss but the Boc character seems to get lost if I close up on his face. For Sarris I wanted it to be away from the face because most of my icons of her except one, is a close up.

19. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Nice chiss :D Updated icons, go look!

20. TANTIV

May 2, 2001
    YES PLEASE

thanks

21. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I can't promise awesome results, but I'll see what I can do tonight, TANTIV. :)

~*~Bria

22. TANTIV

May 2, 2001
    Thank YOU

23. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Hey everyone. Could I pester one of you to create an admin version of the Tomcat icon for me. Thanks. :)

24. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Sure! I'll do them both tomorrow (I've got to get off... :() :)

Hope that's alright. ;)

~*~Bria

25. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    So, has there been any EU icon requests in my absence? I seem to be better at making icons if it?s been requested by someone first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.