custom-made costumes

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by Mercurio, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercurio Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi there, I'm new here and I'm wondering if any of you know where I can find a tailor or whatever to make a custom-made costume for a fan film me and my friends are doing. And I'd also like to know how much it would cost.

Thanks
  2. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hiya! :) Welcome to the group! ;)

Okay for a start, do you all have a certain budget?

And what particular costumes/armor are you looking for?

IMHO and from past experiences, you can either assemble all or some parts of your costumes or have it made from scratch or by tailor/seamstress/costume shops. Many of my earlier and even a few of my current costumes had been assembled from clothings I found in my wardrobe or shops, and some took me a few months or even years to find.

In term of tailoring cost, it can range from $40 to a few hundreds. The Inner Dress of my Padme cost me $110 from a Home-Based Seamstress and yet my "Cheapo" White Battlesuit plus Hood only cost me $60 from a Theater/Ballet Costume Shop. My NJO Jedi Costume was even more cheaper as the tabbards and obi were made from black cloths I had lying around, U2 Long Sleeves Turtleneck T-Shirt from my wardrobe (I got an obsession with Turtleneck Long Sleeves T-shirt after my experience 6 years ago at a SW Costumes Contest), my Track Pants, my bro's Hasbro Lightsabre and the 80s Combat Boots I gotten for all my Boots needs. :p
  3. Mercurio Jedi Knight

star 1
    Alright thanks. By the way, do any of you guys have tips on making my own lightsaber too?
  4. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well, the only Lightsabre, okay-okay or like the original maker available rite now is Xeno. ;) There is his friend but I think he hasn't visited the forum for quite some time.
  5. Mercurio Jedi Knight

star 1
    alrighty, coz I've visioned it and I'm hopeing to bring it to life haha
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.