main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Custom Saber Design: The Scarab

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DarthArjuna, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Hello all!

I am the proud owner of a Parks Sabers Fury. However, I also do some fanfilming. This requires a blade that is not as flexible as the polycarb Parks blades, and a hilt that is as easily broken (the exposed circuit board always has me kinda sketchy).

So I created my own lightsaber design, based off of the Fury dimensions.

The only problem is, I don't have any way to make this design a reality that I could weild in my hands. Below are two pictures- side view of the hilt (shrunken, so if there is a question on text, don't be afraid to ask) and a sigil for the activation dome. If you would be able to create this saber for me, or point me to someone who can, it would be very appreciated.

[image=http://projectapocalypse.web1000.com/Scarab%20Hilt.jpg] [image=http://projectapocalypse.web1000.com/Scarab%20Sigil.jpg]

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    You don't need anyone to create this design for you. You could very easily make it yourself by following some of the saber tutorials shown on this board.

Just start with a base, such as a piece of chrome-plated plumbing pipe, and then add things like rubber O-rings and aluminum spacers to it, get creative and make a scarab for the activator button or pommel, and go from there.

3. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    With the very "organic" aspects to it, I would suggest casting it. Resin would be easiest, although the CloneEmperor's cast metal saber is beautiful.

My two cents.

4. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I have no idea how to do any sort of casting or anything of the sort; do you know anybody that would be able to help with that?

5. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Here's a decent tutorial:

http://home.houston.rr.com/dpstudios/workshop.htm

6. DarkKnightLaneDrusic

DarkKnightLaneDrusic Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2004
    hello everyone! I'm new to the boards here, and I have a question about lightsabers.

I've built a few practice sabers,and I just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions for grips for the hilt. I've used shaved down windshield-wiper blades and some black foam rubber, but neither is really to my liking...Any suggestions? Thanx

7. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    try the plastic that holds the rubber to the blades, and try mouse pads.

8. DarkKnightLaneDrusic

DarkKnightLaneDrusic Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2004
    Thanx, Sal. I'm going to try the mouse pads next. that's a great idea! MTFBWY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.