Richmond,VA Custom Sabers?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StrangeWings, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangeWings Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok so who here has a custom saber? Either built by themselves or someone else. Post pics of you have them. As I said in another thread I am in the middle of mine. I may do a matching set or a short blade one also.
  2. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    I completed a set of joining double sabers way back for C2. I have them laying about and will post a picture when i can.
  3. Topachea Jedi Padawan

planning on........but haven't yet;)
  4. StrangeWings Jedi Knight

star 1
    What type of blade did you use? The one/ones I'm working on now are EL Blades. I'm going a bit different with the hilt and making it out of copper. Cost me a freaking fortune. Just for the piping it was almost $70, but that is enough to do at least one full one. I havn't decided on length yet so it might be 2 full sized ones or 1 full and one smaller one with a shorter blade.
  5. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    For C2, I chose not to make/obtain blades.

It was just easier to deal with 2 hilts on the belt than it would have been to drag around 2 sabers. My husband has been looking at some blades that you can by online that actually light and can make sounds...and best of all you can actually spar with them.

I will talk to him tonight and get the link to send you :)
  6. DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Knight

star 1
  7. Topachea Jedi Padawan

nice, has anyone made any sparing sabers though?
  8. DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Knight

star 1
    The EL sabers I made are pretty tough, the polycarbonate tube is virtually unbreakable. They plug into the hilt with a mono jack, and are held tight with a steel spacer that it screwed into the hilt. I haven't given them a full beating yet but from what I heard from others they should be quite duelable, not like the Master Replica ones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.