main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Customizing Group's first meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediMasterDan, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Hey, for a name... how about:

"UTINNI !!!"

[face_laugh]

2. JediMasterDan

JediMasterDan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, we had a good turnout today. We had six people come and learn the joys of "boil and pop" and we hope that more people will come next time. The next date will be next Saturday. Please PM me for directions.

For the first assignment, please bring whatever materials you would want to create, and bring your ideas.

Quotes for today:

"I'm going to be taking pictures of people over the pot" - Ron

"Pull, Pull Harder" - Ron

"A four letter word that resembles "poodoo!"" - Mrs. JediMasterDan

"I can neuter a cat in under 30 seconds" - Queen-Karendala

"I was on a "ferry" once" - Naboo Queen

3. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    We had a good time. Thank you Mr and Mrs. JediMasterDan(s) for beign such wonderful hosts.

I look forward to next week.
    Until then, have a good day.

4. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    Thanks, Dan and Amy for the hospitality. I love your new house!

5. QUEEN-KARENDALA

Jan 2, 2001
    ditto.... :)

I had fun playing with stuff... even if they made fun of me because I asked for an oven mit to "pop".... hey, these hands are valuable, you know! (I think that's the conversation where my quote came from.... lol)

I can't wait to paint my little creation next week!

Anyway, thanks again!

6. The_bald_ewok

The_bald_ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    I must apologize for not showing up. Unfortunately I had some "personal problems" that forced me to take other actions. I however will be there for the next time, that I promise

Sincerly,
    ricky

7. JediMasterDan

Jun 12, 2001
    We are taking ideas on what figures to create. As a demo last weekend, I made a Gammorean Pilot and started working on a Luke from Splinters of the Mind's Eye. Queen started an Amidala. We do not currently have a set creation in mind, but really want suggestions. So, break out your comics, magazines, etc and try to think of some cool characters that you would like to see. Once we know that, then we can give a better idea of a materials list.

And for anyone that could not make it last weekend and would like to come this time, please PM me for directions.

8. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    I can tell you what figure I have wanted for a while is Kyle Katarn. But I have to work this Saturday and will not be able to make this one eighter but maybe I can do that at the next meeting.

9. The_bald_ewok

The_bald_ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    I like to start by seeing whats the best way to remove a fig w/o using knives to get the bubble off. Also, I would love to do painting, and the techniques that go with it.
    I am thinking about doing a small army of bespin guards of different races and alien species!! Not only will they be different but I just might take a few of the pegwarmers off!!

PEACE!!

10. JediKitty

JediKitty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 1999
    sounds like the meeting was a blast!

figure projects...hmmm.

The Academy or the "Tales of the Jedi" era would provide many interesting characters and species.

or how about, "Myself as a Star Wars character"?

11. sidra

sidra Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2002
    Sorry I didn't make the meeting (a friend of mine got layed-off work and kind of wanted someone to talk to), but I intend to come this weekend. I'm just beginning to make a luke in "Splinter" and have almost completed a card for the figure to be "bubbled" to. I would be more then glad to help anyone with making packaging cards. If you interested please PM me or I'll see you this weekend.

P.S. I'm also looking for extra figures and would be glad to trade some of my original or new figures. See Ya

12. JediMasterDan

Jun 12, 2001
    We had another great turnout this afternoon, with nine people working on customs. We have a number of new creations in the works, but are always looking for more members and ideas. Info on the next meeting will be posted soon, but it won't be for a couple of weeks. Stay tuned.

Make sure everyone goes to check out the poll on the offical group name. All votes are welcomed.

13. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    It was fun. I like seeing what people's inds come up with.
    The Bald Ewok started a nice companion for Ellor M. (Duros).
    I like the yoda figure that ? made, and some of the others in progress.
    Now if we can just get Incom4 out of that "Slave everybody" state of mind.
    Thge Mon Montha in Slave gear figure is giving me nightmares!!!

14. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Mon Mothma in slave gear??? [face_shocked] How frightening!!!

15. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    Thanks to JediMasterDan for hosting the meeting. I learned a lot and now am trying to come up with more ideas for figures. I am hooked!

My first two creations are proudly displayed on my bookcase. I especially like my "Big" version of Yoda. I am looking forward to the next meeting already.

If you think a Slave Mon Mothma is scary, just image a Slave Obi-Wan or Slave Jar Jar....yikes. Actually, I thought they were pretty funny.

16. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Any pics?

Just wondering....

17. toymanIN

toymanIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
    I too would love to join your group but unfortunatly Saturday is never any good for me.

As for custom ideas, I'd love to see someone do a Homer as Vader and a Bart as Luke figure. That would be sweet.

18. YodaOnMyLeg

Jun 10, 2001
  19. YodaOnMyLeg

Jun 10, 2001
    I put a page with pictures of the custom figures I did at the meeting on Saturday.

Here is the URL:
    Custom Figures

With all the great figures people are coming up with, we should talk with Cari about getting an official page going.

20. QUEEN-KARENDALA

Jan 2, 2001
    Ron took some pics at the first meeting, I think... maybe...?

John, those pics turned out good! I see you had to lean "yoda's brother" against the wall ;)

I think it would be cool to have a little sub-page for this SIG. What was that icon idea, Dan? I think a big pot with figures boiling in it like they're sitting in a hot tub would be funny.

21. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I did get pics from the first meeting I will give them to Cari at the GM on Wed.

as far as my "slave" theme for my figures don't forget my:

Slave Padme
    Slave Porkins

I didnt make them but there was a slave Leia body and some heads lying around and I was just matching them up to the bodies. I did however make a "transition" Anakin out of the left over parts from Johns figure.

22. sidra

sidra Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2002
    GREAT FUN! I can't emphasize enough that if you can you should go. Dan is very helpful and very open to anything you want to do.
    And....His wife makes great cookies.

23. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I would really like to make a "Slave Jedi Jeff" to go with his picture ;)

As far as a web space goes, I was intending on making a directory for you guys as soon as you come up with a name :) Just let me know.

Those figs look great, John! But who's head did you use? I know that's Qui-Gon's Jedi Training Gear body.... Good job!

24. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah - I double dog DARE ya to make a slave figure of me!

25. YodaOnMyLeg

Jun 10, 2001
    I used a head from a Titan AE figure for the Anakin (courtesy of Dan). Ron used the head of Cold Weather Geat Obi for his Transition Anakin which also looks cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.