main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Cut away Falcon model

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Sith Magician, Dec 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    My wife picked up this model for me at the local markets, the only thing missing was the instructions.
    Little help?

2. Ghost-of-Spider

Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2000
    Perhaps your best bet would be the collecting site-head over to special intrests I know a few model people hang out over there. They may be able to help.:)

3. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Tried the collecting site a month ago, only replies were from ppl who said "sorry, can't help".
    Also I thought I'd try here and ask local ppl who might be able to bring it to the next meet?

4. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Well we are all local here so i can't see why not!

5. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    hmm... my ooooollllld falcon kit has been in the process of being relit for about the last 8 yrs and looks a bit like the cutaway version... but i don't think i've got instructions for it. if it's an MPC or ERTL kit it should be fairly straight forward

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Thanks but I could build the old one blindfolded...it's more the instructions for the interior I am after

7. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    just make it up as you go :)
    tf.n has a link in the technical commentary to a site about the Falcon (aussie bloke did it :) ) and it never matches up from the interior sets to the full size outer that was at Elstree to the "blueprints"

8. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Princess Lego could help you with the Lego version. I doubt the instructions for that one would help you though.

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    No, she'd probably get mad when I glued the bits together and painted them.

10. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Is this the AMT model kit? If so, try doing the rounds of local hobby shops to see if they have a sealed one available for sale, and ask if you make a photocopy of the instructions. In my experience, hobby shops are usually prepared to do that, especially if you buy your supplies from them, or offer to pay a couple of dollars for the privilege.

11. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I have looked around the area and no, there aren't any more of these things around. Thanks everyone for your suggestions, but I have already tried everything I can think of before I tried here, I guess I'll just have a go without the instructions.
    That is unless anyone does actually have them?
    C'mon now, speak up, willing to pay for them, anyone? Anyone at all?

12. Ghost-of-Spider

Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2000
    If I had them, I've give them to you for free.

13. Ghost_of_Caesar

Nov 27, 2000
    SM, I was at a local hobby shop today, and I'm pretty sure I saw this set. I'll go back tomorrow and check it out. If I'm right, I'll spin a sob-story for ya.

14. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    GoC, that would be much appreciated,
    *stops banging head on keyboard as glimmer of hope shines*,
    I could have a go at just building it without instructions, and I'd probably do ok, but I just do not want to stuff this thing up.
    You going to the TPM screening?

15. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    have you tried lion electronics in Midland? cos they had a falcon kit in there last time i was in there... tho it was a while ago.. and Valhalla in Wellington have SW kits too...

16. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Just on the remote chance you haven't already tried the few places I know about. There's two hobby places I've seen decent models in on Murray street. Down towards Fast Eddies. Both on different sides of the street. I've seen good models in both so you never know.

17. Ghost_of_Caesar

Nov 27, 2000
    I can't go to the TPM screening. I live on the other side of the continent. Much as I'd love to, it just isn't possible.

18. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Excuses excuses. I made it to the NSW forum's last meet! Sounds like your uncle talking! ;)

19. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Well well. Us Outer Rim people can go out of our way to make it to other state meets, but when it comes to the crunch, they don't feel the same way. :)

20. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    I droped in to City Models in Piccadilly arcade yesterday and they suggested trying the modelling clubs.. WA science fiction modellers club (I think) to see if they had someone who built one, and might still have instructions.

21. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Thanks Grizzly, that's actually something I didn't think of, will give it a shot after Christmas

22. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I will never stop Mutley!!! [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.