1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (11th-13th November), Adelaide (18th-20th June)

Oz Comic Con: Sydney (10th-11th September), Brisbane (17th-18th September)

FF:NZ Cute Daniel Logan interview on stuff.co.nz

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jp-30, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10

NATIONAL NEWS

FRIDAY, 03 MAY 2002

Kiwi teen actor's fame goes galactic

03 MAY 2002

Kiwi schoolboy Daniel Logan has fans all over the world - and his movie hasn't been released yet.
    The 14-year-old is set to become hot property in the movie world, and the envy of children everywhere, after playing a young Boba Fett in the next Star Wars instalment, Attack Of The Clones, due out on May 16.
    The Massey High school pupil - born 10 years after the release of the first Star Wars film - joins Kiwis Temuera Morrison, Jay Laga'aia, Rena Owen, Marton Csokas, Ian Watkin and newcomer Bodie Taylor in the film, which was shot primarily in Sydney.
    Daniel, who has made his name in New Zealand in TV advertisements and Shortland Street, said this week that he was looking forward to seeing the film for the first time at the New Zealand premiere in Auckland on May 15. "It's quite massive . . . it makes you special 'cos not many kids get to act on Star Wars.
    "My mum was saying that when she was a little kid she used to save up all the money and go watch (Star Wars movies) never knowing her child would be in a movie like this."
    Daniel plays a character who said only a handful of words in The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi but has now become a cult figure. Morrison plays his father, Jango Fett, who Laga'aia says "takes over the Darth Maul influence in this show".
    For those unfamiliar with Star Wars that means Morrison is playing a bad guy.
    Daniel said: "I didn't know how big Boba Fett was. I've got fans before they even see the movie."
    This weekend Daniel will be shaking hands with many of them at a Star Wars convention in the United States city of Indianapolis.
    Daniel said he enjoyed working with director George Lucas.
    "Sometimes you wouldn't do your best take and you would say 'Can I just do one more?' and he was, like, 'Oh no Daniel, I'm happy with that' but I would be, like, saying 'Please' and he would say 'OK if you want'."
    He said he enjoyed the acting he did on Attack Of The Clones more than any other work he's done.
    "I've only been doing Shortland St and a lot of commercials - that would've got me to about step three. Now I have stepped to the ninth step. It's boosted my career."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.