main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Cutting the Chatter...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by OddeBogodde, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    Ok, some people have expressed some concerns about this Forum becoming a high school social event. It's not. I'm just as guilty as anyone else here in this aspect. Like Mara Jade said, kill the "Hotter" Threads. It is important that we still have fun though. No one is going to join if they see nothing but nonsense and childish threads. Likewise no one is going to join if they don't see this forum as a place to talk, and have fun, about Star Wars. I think everyone can agree to this. Let's push all this extra energy we seem to have and use it towards getting new members and opening interesting Star Wars Threads.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Thank You! Please see my comments regarding this in Sith_241's thread which can be found here:

Please Read

3. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    That is a very lucid and well though-out idea. I knew you had it in you, lol.

I like having fun as much as the next person, but let's create a thread just for that.
    BTW, geez, I checked out a few different FF boards a couple nights ago. Anyone seen the French one? They've got a nonsense/fun thread with over 450 pages in it!!??

I agree that a middle-ground solution is best. One that retains the open and friendly air of a forum devoted to a fun hobby, while at the same time, exhibiting the characteristics of a knowledgeable group of people.
    Many members here are already friends outside of the board and SW fields. This will inevitably lead to friendly chatter. Let's just try to keep it PG if possible, G is nearly impossible, and people will look forward to visiting here and then becoming friends as well.
    As OddeBogodde used the word "let's", I think it IS a group effort. It is important when a group/organization/team is in it's infancy, that it police itself and try to remain true to task until it hits it's stride. We're not even official yet. This is the time when we need to show what we are capable of and that we not only deserve our own chapter, but have earned it as well.

4. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Another solution could be to use PM's for social chatter.

5. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002

last night I spent alot of time looking at almost all of the Fan Forces and what they talk about. Every once and while they would get of topic but would evenctuoly get back on topic after about 4 posts (with out being told) I think we can all do that (including me) I know its hard and I belive the problem is that we are all ready vary close friends and this is the resin we are so sociel. But I am going to be finshing the flyers tonight and should have new mebers in like a week or so. We also have two a places to hold a meetings at now. I think the more peopel we get the more topics,and the more converstion will turn in to sires converstion and not just a bounch of friends with there own Fan Force.

So we will all keep the chater down now, even if it means we WONT have that many postes perday on are boards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.