main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CV Exclusives

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by echo-3, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    A thread over at rebelscum.com from a GG employee stated yesterday that they will NOT have a exclusive bust for CV. They did say that a aknowsment on a ESB anniversary "Piece" will be made instead. SUCK!

2. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    Is anyone else slightly "worried,suprised,upset,disappointed" about the lack of information on exclusive items and the celebration store items? Here we are, 37 days away from the con and what's been announced has been sorely lacking! We've received more information about the panels (way to go!) then we have from Reed! I'm also a little surprised we don't have a schedule yet. I don't know, maybe I'm just getting overly excited about the con and craving more information. [face_thinking]

3. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Me, Yes and No.
    I would say if we dont have EVERYTHING out there so to speak by July 20th or so,then yes I would worry.

4. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I don't think I'm worried. I try to think of it from the perspective of the organizers. These things can take time to get pulled together so they won't all be ready at the same time.

Plus, it's a marketing/buzz thing...if they announced all speakers, store items, etc. all at once 3 months before the show, there'd be nothing for them to talk about for those last three months. This way they put the news out in bits and pieces all the way up to the show to keep the excitement level up (and to help keep selling tickets)

5. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Plus, it's a marketing/buzz thing...if they announced all speakers, store items, etc. all at once 3 months before the show, there'd be nothing for them to talk about for those last three months. This way they put the news out in bits and pieces all the way up to the show to keep the excitement level up (and to help keep selling tickets)

MattDoc, I've been saying this for months!
    If you give away the prizes before the party, what's the point in attending the party?!

6. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
    I feel they are waiting till they start sending badges and the program book, which usually has all the store items and other exclusives. My question is??? Is the store going to be 24hrs again? If is that will help alot, and I haven't heard anything on gentle giant either.

7. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    They just announced their SDCC exclusive so ours will be right around the corner. I had some back-and-forth with whoever runs their Twitter account and they made it sound like they have it decided and will be announcing it soon. That's the one I've been waiting on too.

8. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    SO what do you guys think about there being NO GG bust at CV?

9. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    What makes you say this? Source of this info?

10. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    A VIP from GG over on the rebelscum boards stated on Monday that GG would have NO CV mini bust .

11. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Strange. They must be doing something else then. Everything they said on Twitter points to them having some kind of exclusive.

12. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002

13. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009

14. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I bet it will be one of the new Vintage 12 inch figures like a Fett or Han Carbenite....
    I just wanted a cool bust like a 21-B or a Bespin Guard or Lobot. Very disappointed to say the least. I guess its more cash for me to fill holes in my collection.

15. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
    I hope they do have one.

16. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    16 different mini-cereal boxes!

http://www.starwars.com/fans/event_news/celebration_v_cereal_boxes/index.html

:lol:

17. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I noticed today the cover for the guide to CV had been posted....Thoughts? I kinda like it!

[image=http://www.starwarscelebration.com/RNA/RNA_StarWarsCelebration/2010-images/EnlargedCommGuide.jpg]

18. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I saw it on the rebelscum site.
    I like it![face_dancing]

19. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I kinda like it. Its cute.

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I like it a lot, but I'm not interested in the guide. I would have loved to have it as a t-shirt or a print or something.

21. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I agree. Its cool but a shirt or print would have been great!

22. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Just updated my registration to throw in the guide. Pretty sure I'd regret not getting it.

23. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Gentle Giant just posted this on Twitter:

"will announce our #SWCV exclusives next Wednesday, July 21st (which just happens to be #SDCC Preview Night!)"

24. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    It will be a day long remembered...

25. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    They posted it on Facebook too, I said to them, Im still mad at you for not giving us a Bust! Well see it it gets answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.