main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CV Parties/Social Events Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MrSkinnee, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I responded already with the time. Pirate Cove Adventure Golf. That was said on page 1 of this thread.

2. Stargirl1977

Stargirl1977 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2010
    Last week I called the Icebar (the same people who are putting on the Hoth icebar at the OCCC)to see if they had anything going on. They mentioned some special themes for Thurs. and Sat.
    I asked if they could maybe include Fri. since most have plans for those nights.[face_batting] I just checked their website and guess what? [face_dancing] Here is a link to the info for those who are interested http://www.icebarorlando.com/events/ If you show up in costume then entry is free :D

3. Plagious

Plagious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2006
    I will go in costume if there is a obi or padme that wants to make an appearance too. :p

4. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I think some of the Denver FF is planning on going to the Ice Bar on Friday in costume so there should be a crew that is there!

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Just set up a new Twitter account (JediCouncilTFN) people can use to keep track of where the JC will be hanging out each night. We'll also be tweeting from the JC/FF table and the TFN party. So be sure to follow us and get the word out to your fellow JCers at CV.

http://twitter.com/JediCouncilTFN

6. Stargirl1977

Stargirl1977 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2010
    Awesome! Not much of a drinker here, I don't usually go to "bars" per say.[face_whistling] , but the thought of SW themed ice sculptures inspires a child-like awe :eek: that I must give into.

7. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Excellent since twitter is easier to access from the iPhone than the boards are, unfortunately. Make sure you guys use the #swcv hashtag.

QUICK EDIT: I see you already are using the tag. Awesome.

8. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Darn hashtags that I can't participate in when I'm using my phone

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    My Twitter skills have doubled since we last met, Doc. ;)

10. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Icebar sounds good to me! I'm not much of a mini-golf/bowling kind of guy. Love they're going to have SW themed nights!

11. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    [face_laugh]

12. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I've resisted twitter so far but this sounds very handy for this weekend.

13. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    The Hat party is going on now till Monday.

14. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Stupid question, but what's the best way to even follow Twitter. I have an iPhone so should I just get the Twitter app and follow that way?

15. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Yep. That would do it. There are a ton of different Twitter apps for the iPhone out there (because Twitter took forever to finally make their own).

You'll want to get signed up on Twitter online from your computer first, but then try some of the apps and see what you like best. I use one called Echofon. It's very similar to the Twitter app. But there plenty to choose from.

16. IEatPoodoo

IEatPoodoo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey everyone! MrSkinnee just thawed me from the carbonite I've been trapped in for the last 4 years! I can't see, but I'm ready to party!

I just booked the flights yesterday. I'll be there from Friday morning until Sunday night. It looks like I will be attending the Fan Mixer on Friday. I'm thinking I should save the money on a hotel and go straight from the mixer to the George Lucas line, if my wife allows... (I seem to remember stumbling to the Lucas line at 4 AM at C3) Let me know if this seems like a good idea...

Disney looks like the place to be on Saturday night!

Skinnee, I hope you're planning a sequel to you C3 video! I got married to the nerd of my dreams and she's coming with me!

17. IEatPoodoo

Aug 11, 2000
    Update: Just booked our Disney tickets and two nights at the Wyndham!

18. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    CAN'T WAIT BUDDY!

19. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010
    what's a hat party? Is that a dumb question?

20. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    There's a subset of JCC people who really like hats. They chat about it everyday.

21. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    It involves everyone bringing a different type of hat and playing games similar to musical chairs.

22. IEatPoodoo

Aug 11, 2000
    Will there be time for the Disney party AND this?

Or will everyone be staying at the Disney party until 1 AM? Nothing like going from Disneyworld to the grotto.

23. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    If I get bored at Disney, I might go there. It depends on how much stuff they have going on.

24. Plagious

Plagious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2006
    With the rain I guess no mini golf. Its suppose to clear up at 9:00 but everything will be wet.

25. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Yeah, between the rain and the fact that I didn't even get out of the occc until after 7pm and still needed to eat, this wasn't in the cards for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.