main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series CW Grade the Episode: S05E06: The Gathering

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 7, 2012.

?

How would you grade this episode?

1. 10/10

20.0%
  2. 9/10

16.4%
  3. 8/10

27.3%
  4. 7/10

14.5%
  5. 6/10

10.9%
  6. 5/10

1.8%
  7. 4/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3/10

5.5%
  9. 2/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/10

3.6%
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    You guys know the drill.

Poll results are available by clicking on the number of votes next to each score.

That being said, we'd still prefer you to post with your score and what you liked and disliked

2. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    6/10

Solid episode. Planet looked nice, the younglings were decent with different personalities and strengths. It's a little predictable where they're going but it's still entertaining to see it develop. I liked that yoda made an appearance, it shows the importance in these early trials for the young Jedi. Asohka looks like she's getting more responsabilities and is getting more trust amongst the Jedi order. She's not a little brat anymore.

My only complaint is with the Younglings.

If these are to be future Jedi they sure didn't seem like anything special.They are said to be the top-caliber students of their class; the ones that showed the most promise and potential. I know you need some sort of drama to get the kids involved and whatever..But for me, they seemed nothing like what a future jedi should look like. I especially didn't like biph or whatever his name was, he was a coward...LOL get that guy out of here, he should be selling fruit in a market not weilding a lightsaber.

But yea I understand it's a kids show. Hell I complain about Star Wars not being dark enough and my friends always tell me Star Wars is PG and to stop complaining. So take my rating with a grain of salt [face_thinking]

Valairy Scot likes this.
  3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    10/10. Can't find anything wrong with this episode.

4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    7/10. Good episode and excellent graphics, but otherwise a little dull.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    10/10. Probably the best-looking TCW episode of all time, we got Yoda actually at least talking for more than 2 lines, and got a little more of the mystical side of the Force.

As a pure TCW episode, I'd probably give it an 8.5/10, but given how "grim dark " ;) TCW has been the last couple of seasons, it was nice to have something light-hearted and if they're trying for a younger audience, IMHO they nailed it.

I have to chuckle at complaints that the Younglings seemed weak.

I guess you can't be a Mary Sue and can't have weaknesses at the same time :p

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    10/10, this episode was awesome, really different than past episodes and the younglings were awesome, but not as awesome as Gungi :)

7. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Really nice episode! It is quite refreshing to take on such mystical stories.

+Ilum was beautifully animated
    +The younglings were adorable
    +Individualizing the trials was great, and I have to say that Gunji and Biff were my favorites
    +Yoda's line at the end was brilliant
    +Simple plot, yet wonderfully executed

I wish there was more interaction between Ahsoka and Yoda, but overall that didn't detract too much from the episode at all.

10/10. A superb beginning, can't wait until the next part!

SenatorKelberry likes this.
  8. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    10/10. Absolutely beautiful. I think I've watched and re-watched this episode over ten times since it aired. the first five episodes I've watched, maybe twice each.

I loved everything about it.

9. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    Amazing episode
    +Illum was beautiful created the music went perfect with it
    +The younglings were adorable each had there own personality and flaws
    + The younglings' trial each were unique in how each had to face there own personal struggle. My favorite had to been Byph and Ganodi trial.
    + Yoda appearing and his wise and cryptic lines especially the final one revealing that it would have been there minds trapping them in cave and not the ice.
    +Ahsoka as a role of a teacher to the younglings shows have she grown since season 1.
    I would have to give this episode an 9/10.

SenatorKelberry likes this.
  10. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    it seems to me as Petro was coming out of the cave for the first time, Yoda and Ahsoka were just turning away from each other as if they had just finished a conversation. wonder if there's a deleted scene there somewhere...

11. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Maybe, maybe not, but nice attention to detail - don't just have the characters standing there doing nothing. :)

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    1/10

I was not entertained.

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    You rate this worse than Maul episodes? Sx3 you disappoint me.... :p

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll give this one a 7/10. It was a decent episode, absolutely beautiful, and a nice beginning to the exploration of the mythos and the Jedi in the TCW time period. Yoda was great. I did like half the youngling but two of the crybabies really got on my nerves. I also got a little bored as the episode progressed.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    who was the other one beside Ganodi

16. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    6/10
    On its own this would've been an OK episode but my biggest issue is one that has been happening a lot the past two seasons, the first part of four part arcs spends too much time on mundane things instead of getting on with the story only to have the last part be rushed.

Also, all of the kids were annoying in their own ways except the Ithorian because he cant speak Basic. I took off a point just because of the Rodian (won't bother to learn her name)

The ridiculously awesome animation and mystical elements are what saved it from being an awful episode.

17. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The Gathering Of The Jediggalos wasn't terrible, but I think one episode of the Jedi Babies is enough. A full arc is probably going to get old fast.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to getting to know them right up to the point where Anakin drives his lightsaber through their heads.

18. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Giving it an 8/10 for being TCW... Some parts were lame IMO

-Ahsoka's speeches were a bit lame :)O)
    -Rhodian crying like a wimp
    -Zats anger issues

+- that jimmy neutron guy left that girl behind I was like so mad with him, but he came back one second later (what a moron)

+good sounds
    +good graphics (as always)
    +the ice melting (lol)
    +and some other goodies

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I also got annoyed by Petro. Petro's outright selfishness and attitude even to Yoda surprised me. I guess arrogance is billed to be a problem with this generation of Jedi, but I don't like him. Now that I think about it Zat has grown on me a bit. At first I thought they were trying to hard with him but I relate to him and he reminds me of Billy from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. LOL.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I had to give it a 3. I appreciate that it's something different, and the concept of seeing younglings learning from Yoda sounds good... but in execution it was like watching paint dry.

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    ahh Petro, the selfish one, i got annoyed by him when he left Katooni for a second

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I also wished Katooni hadn't been so quick to act like she was finished when trapped but atleast that one was understandable. Petro leaving her like that should have gotten him grounded or something.

Darth Vader likes this.
  23. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Facing the prospect of 19 days in an ice prison if he didn't find a MacGuffin within a few minutes, leaving her behind was understandable. He did turn out to be selfless when he turned back to break her free.

24. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I quite liked this one and think it's a nice start of the Young Jedi arc; I liked the majority of the younglings (nice diversity of characters and personalities) & will find it interesting to follow them on this journey and the plot about going to Ilum and each one of them having to find their own crystal was done really well. Ahsoka didn't get to do much here so I could have gone with Yoda being the one taking them there instead of her, but I can understand if she'll play a more important role in the next episode. 8/10

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    But Petro didn't leave Katooni behind to save himself (which isn't very noble to start with), he did it over finding his lightsaber crystal which is even lower. Then remember Yoda's words? "Trapped only in your mind". It sounded like they could of broken their way out at any time.