main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series CW Grade the Episode: S05E06: The Gathering

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 7, 2012.

?

How would you grade this episode?

1. 10/10

20.0%
  2. 9/10

16.4%
  3. 8/10

27.3%
  4. 7/10

14.5%
  5. 6/10

10.9%
  6. 5/10

1.8%
  7. 4/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3/10

5.5%
  9. 2/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/10

3.6%
  1. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    They could have broken out at any time, but Katooni was surprised that Petro was able to do it. All the younglings were under the impression that they'd be trapped in the cave if they failed to get out in time.

For Petro, finding the crystal would allow him to get out and not get sent back in, resulting in a pass on the Gathering test. I see your point that this was just to save himself... however, it's a bit of a moot point since he reneged on this decision a few seconds later. :p He was willing to risk failure to save a comrade.

Edit: by "save himself" I mean "get his crystal".

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Come on, this is a kid's show for crying out loud. Petro initially made the decision of leave Katooni there. If she really were going to get trapped with no way out for 19 days and he had left her there then Petro would have sentenced her to death. It doesn't matter if he fails his test and gets sent to Camp Anawanna. That's a little girl's life, its not worth that. In my mind there is no excuse for that decision (and don't make this about what I would have done!). I'm glad he went back for but at the end of the day in my mind Petro needed his ass beat. I know that Jedi believe in the greater good but I didn't think it was all survival of the fittest.

3. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    You realise this only applies to the few seconds between him deciding to leave her for the crystal and him deciding to fail the test for her escape. :p

However, I see your point.

Seerow likes this.
  4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yes I do. Geez! Yes I realize I'm being anal as hell Q. Its the principle of the thing. Thank you

QuangoFett likes this.
  5. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    That's one dogmatic principle... :p

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Must set an example and bite my tongue here...

Lets just say its going to take alot of Petro to dig himself out of that hole with me. That little punk...

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    This is probably the greatest Jedi wish fulfillment for kids EVER. The narration featured the lightsaber training and lightsaber construction many of us have been asking for. If I saw this when I was seven, I would have had a manic attack and probably would have demolished my house with Jedi kung fu. I can just imagine kids all over the country asking their friends what lightsaber they'd prefer, just like the threads we see here.

PROS
    • I thought the Force was portrayed perfectly in just about every way, physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.
    CONS
    • Why was Ahsoka leading them? Makes no sense.
    • Why was R2 even there?
    • Yoda's VA is getting painful. Someone tell Tom Kane, he needs to hear it.
    • The kids' names were a little too "cutesy".
    • The kids came off way too emotional for Jedi. They came off as even more emo than a normal kid would.
    • Most of the "lessons" were painfully obvious, but the episode is obviously aimed at children.
    • Kids talking to themselves came off a bit hammy.

This episode was simple, but successful.

8/10

At the moment of this post, there were 35 votes for an average score of 7.68.

Valairy Scot and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I LOVED this episode. It has a very behind-the-scenes vibe which I am an automatic fan of - but for it to be behind-the-scenes of an ancient Jedi ritual it's implied all our PT Jedi heroes have gone through makes it pure orgasmotron.

Having the wide array of characters made it exciting because we were constantly going from one thing to the next. The highlights to me were Byph's part because it reminded me a LOT of the Dagobah cave scene in Ep. V - him seeing the incarnation of his own fears rather than something physically there - and how Petro thought he found his crystal and then it melted in his hand. He was so sure it was the right one! That could be a metaphor for so many things in real life.

9/10

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Its hard not to give 10 to every one of those Young Jedi episodes, it was brillant! Im hoping for the feature length version to be released

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It would be cool if the feature length version were on a future Blu-ray. Maybe that would help me enjoy the arc as as a whole a little better.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Still love this episode

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    True words.

This arc is still fun to watching after it ended. There were things in S4 that I wish I could never remember.

13. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    7/10. Good episode. A little bit of development of new characters and lessons for all of them. Quite a bit crammed into 22 minutes.

14. Now_Serving_No1138

Now_Serving_No1138 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    Well, it's been a few weeks since I saw it, but I can't think of any major flaws. A Padawan facing off against against Grievous and living to tell the tale has the potential to stretch credulity a little, but that said I thought it was handled well. Great to see Slave 1 again too. All in all I thought it was a great conclusion to my favourite arc since Season 3.

9/10

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    This was the first episode of the arc, I think you have it confused with the last.

16. Now_Serving_No1138

Now_Serving_No1138 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    Gah! Wrong thread. Sorry. Tapatalk app / fat fingers error.

Really enjoyed the Gathering though.

7/10

17. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    6/10

this episode was somewhat interesting... while at the same time really stupid and pointless.... this was a bad set up for a 4 part ARC. i cant believe they actually gave almost 1/5th of the season to this arc. what a waste

18. General Jedi

General Jedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 19, 2017
    Gungi needs to be brought to live action in a future film. I love that Wookiee. (not that way)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    What could have been.

[​IMG]

MrDarth0 and General Jedi like this.