main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Well Slade does have the mirakuru madness. For all we know he could get the cure and be all 'what have I done?!!!' immediately.

I don't think they'll kill him. Like Merlyn, each season's main villain will be a recurring character in future seasons.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

Conor?

Darth_Invidious and GenAntilles like this.
  3. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I would have really liked to see where things went with Moira as the Mayor, especially given that she knew Oli's secret. But that for me was the point that her death was sealed as they hadn't done all that much foreshadowing to that point, especially given that last week's episode revolved around Oli's identity.

But it's a bold move that I applaud them for taking, despite it meaning we don't get to see more of Susanna Thompson. She is well cast in these types of roles (see 'Kings' for another example).

I think this would be too early for Oliver to run for Mayor. I can see how it could be set up, but I think there are too many more stories to delve into without having to have the office stuff hang off it. Look at how little we saw of what was going on in Queen Consolidated. It would either bog things down too much to draw out a lot of that kind of story, or it would be too much of an afterthought.

The question I am interested in seeing answered, is will we see Thea now learn Oli's secret? The scene was headed there with the revelation of Merlyn being alive so close to coming out.

And will we see something more from Oliver's child? He would be 7 now, but who knows what time jumps they could press on with, or re-introduce it later on in a couple of seasons. Connor Hawke maybe?

s65horsey likes this.
  4. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Wow. Wow wow wow. Just...wow.

When Slade said "She told me," for a moment I thought Sara had gone to see him, I completely blanked on Delusional Shado.

I call Thea learns that Oliver is the Arrow next week, based on where the revelation was going before the car crash. And I really hope we see something of both Sara and Roy.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

He'll die at some point - I agree, not sure it will be this season. But he'll surely die, and it will be by a Queen child.

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I expect he won't die either. I think the likely scenario is this:

Team Arrow cures Slade. You think he'll be sane, but now that he no longer hears Shado, he goes even more crazy. He gets put away with Oliver feeling pity more than revenge. To truly make season 2 work with Oliver as a hero, he really can't kill Slade. Otherwise, he's just a murderer again.

Maybe Thea isn't as forgiving since he killed Moira and runs off with Malcolm. That would start season 3 off with Oliver essentially penniless, without family, and without love (assuming Sarah bites it maybe by curing Slade in the process)

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think that Slade has to make way at either the end of this season or the beginning of next, and I suspect either Oliver (or perhaps even Slade) will have Ra's and the League to deal with next. Either way, there's no turning back for Slade after this - he could be cured, but he cannot be redeemed.

Something that crossed my mind in regard to Ra's is the potential for some sort of business relationship he could have had with Moira, which would have given her the information she needed to force Merlyn out at the beginning of this season - perhaps some deal she cut with him to protect Thea. Pure speculation on my part, though. Even though she's gone, I think (hope) there is still a lot that we'll find out about her.

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Of course, now you have to consider the fact that Thea has yet another reason now to hate her brother's guts, given that his past decisions and secrets have now cost them their mother. If Merlyn does enter the picture she may decide to abscond with him just to spite Ollie.

EDIT: Perhaps the "friend" Sara went looking for is no other than Nyssa. Perhaps Ollie will need the temporary help of the League of Assassins to deal with Deathstroke and his army. And yeah, he needs LOTS of help.

9. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Pretty sure it was revealed Nyssa is coming back. So yeah, that seems the likely friend Sarah sought out.

10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Geez...this show...I'm depressed we only get 3 more episodes this season. Just when I think they can't go any darker...there they go!

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I'd say this was the best episode the show's had so far. More like this please!

heels1785 and Darth_Invidious like this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Just got to re-watch this week's episode. Moira telling Thea to "close your eyes, baby" is really her coming full circle as a character. She did some pretty hideous things, but there is no doubt that she left in the most heroic way possible.

May have just been the lighting, but Slade looked like he'd been crying right before the katana went in - right below his eyepatch looked tear-stained. Probably not intended, but if so, how awesome.

13. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Is it possible for him to cry in the usual way since that eye is missing?

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Haha, good point. I have no idea.

15. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    There were tears and I think it came from his talking about Shado and also a recognition of Moira being willing to sacrifice for her kids.

And yes, he likely would still have the tear ducts there and in fact would be more likely to leak out since there isn't an eye and eyelids there to take them away before it builds up too much.

16. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

He still has one perfectly functional eye, man :p I think he'd probably cry at half the usual rate for a human were he sufficiently moved.

17. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    My point is, if it's under the eyepatch then that's the missing eye. But hey, what do I know? I've never lost an eye :p

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Well, we've seen his hideously scarred eye socket, it looks like he's missing all eye-related things where that eye once was :p

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Wow, that was pretty intense. I thought the episode was alright and nothing much was happening, then suddenly that happened at the end and I was shocked.

I said I'd really like to see a Slade vs. Merlyn fight, and it looks like it's gonna happen now. Not that I expect it to be much longer than his fight with Oliver, but it should still be epic.

I'm actually disappointed that Slade killed Moira, because even though she's one of my least favourite characters and Slade's my favourite character on the show, it just made me dislike him and like her for some reason. I just think they went too far, but is it worth seeing a Slade vs. Merlyn fight? Hell yes!

Moira knowing that Oliver was the Arrow since the undertaking was a shock, and I'm surprised she said she knew like she didn't even care. That made me like her even more.

And yes, I'm worried that Slade won't return for season three. I would love for him to continue being the mail villain, but I think there's going to be a new one. We've had the Dark Archer for season one, Deathstroke for season two, and I think and hope that it'll be Ra's al Ghul for season three.

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm not too steeped into Green Arrow lore to know which villains should be featured here other than Merlyn, but I sincerely hope they seriously curb the borrowing-other-heroes-villains-for-villain-of-the-week/season. It's rather tiresome at this point. I mean, this season alone the main villains have been two of the Titans' archfoes, with other Batman and assorted DCU heavies thrown in the mix as well. I mean, who's gonna be featured next? Trigon? Sivana? Black Manta? I don't think many of us would mind Ollie dealing with common street crime and ordinary criminals *****ing on his turf for the better part of a season (yeah, even it it's Intergang or other obscure DCU gangster types I've never heard of).

But, it's the Bat's 75th anniversary. So sure, why not keep rubbing that in with Ra's as a heavy next season and with a guest appearance (please please PLEASE) by a certain Gothamite vigilante?

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Problem is, there are not a ton of well-known ones. Clock King, Dark Archer, and Deathstroke (who although is a Teen Titans villain, spans a lot of DC) are the most well-known ones. I have no real issues with the way the show has handled villains - Huntress, for example, has been well done. Deathstroke is not just a villain that is "thrown in," he's an integral part of the story, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who is critical of his role on the show up to this point. I think they're smart to expand into the DCU, the familiar well of villains - some would be weird, say Joker or Lex, but I think there's plenty of room to expand. The League of Shadows and Ra's Al Ghul works perfectly within the limited, Nolan-esque narrative of Arrow, for example.

Also, next year, the primary antagonist has essentially been confirmed as:

Malcolm Merlyn

So we'll see who they bring in to help him.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I think they've chosen the villains really well, even if most of them aren't Green Arrow villains, they've been associated with him before. But really, what cool Green Arrow villains are there besides the Dark Archer and Deathstroke? I know Slade is more of a Teen Titans villain, but he's been a villain of Green Arrow quite a lot. The use of the League of Assassins is one of the best parts of the show for me, and it works since Merlyn and Sara were part of them. So using R'as as a main villain doesn't seem like a bad idea. I hope more characters from the League come into the show, like Lady Shiva. That'd make an epic fight.

I think this is going to happen with the Flash series too, since Flash doesn't have many cool villains. I mean Captain Cold, Mirror Master, the Trickster and Gorilla Grodd? C'mon. Captain Boomerang and Professor Zoom are the only cool ones I can think of, and I know a lot of people think Captain Boomerang is stupid. They've already sort of used other villains for Flash in Arrow, with the introduction to a certain character at S.T.A.R. Labs, and the show hasn't even started yet.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Very well, I didn't know Deathstroke had much of a relationship with the comics' Green Arrow. I know that Slade has been an integral part of this version of Oliver Queen and I'm cool with that.

I didn't mention Luthor because we just don't know if Superman (just like Batman) exist within the confines of this "Arrowverse", but it'd be too cool if at least we could get a namedrop in regards to Luthor, Lexcorp or whatever, short of an actual appearance by the man himself.

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    So Justice League has been announced for 2018. Assuming no cancellations, Arrow would be in its 6th season. IF they wanted to go shared universe by then, it would be the perfect time for Ollie to move up to the big leagues. Additionally, Flash would be in its' hypothetical 4th season. This would be an area where DC could one up Marvel and bring two television characters/actors to the big screen. I know Flash is a long shot, but Arrow would be excellent and would not require a whole lot of development if the show helps to set things up ala Agents of SHIELD with Winter Soldier. Here's hoping someone at WB is thinking about this.

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    DC can one up Marvel by making watchable films.

I think Amell may be mainstream enough, no idea what the future holds for Flash. If this does happen, and depending on the success of FOX's Gotham, it may not be out of the question for CBS to take on Arrow, either completely, or for special episodes, just to highten visibility. As great as the show is, not enough people watch the CW.