main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ok, yeah, it was a ploy. But yeah, color me confused as well.

2. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Barry, you freaking showoff. :p

3. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, that was a bit...underwhelming?

4. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Half expecting the boat Sara and the assassns were on to explode in the background... guess we'll have to wait till next season to see how Lance is... but if Ollie went to the island during that time you'd think Laurel would've texted him or something if it was really serious.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Haha, I was too GenAntilles. Glad it didn't.

Excellent finale. This is the best show on TV. And Flash preview was awesome!

Lord Vivec and GenAntilles like this.
  6. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    The episode went pretty much how I predicted on where everything would be for next season. But it was good predictable. And still some surprises.

All in all I was pretty satisfied.

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Did anyone else laugh at Flashback Sarah's 'death'

Seriously, if I were her, I'd never get on a boat again. Can't believe that's how she left at the end of this episode. :p

8. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    If Ras trained her like he did Bruce in Batman Begins that fear drug is going to make her see tons of boats.

9. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I had that "oh no not again" feeling when Sara fell out of the freighter. Like I was expecting SOMETHING to happen (cause, y'know, Oliver thought she was dead) but really, that again? I was also expecting Roy to drop the mask after reading Thea's note, but he didn't (on screen, anyway) so we should see more of him as Red Arrow next season, I should hope.

So that's how Oliver knows Waller. What's he to be doing there, though, and why does he end up stuck on the island again? Gahh, next season come tomorrow please!! :p

I also feel like that was a good way to close off Sara as the Canary and inaugurate Laurel into that mantle. I hope to see that next season.

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What an amazing finale! Those last scenes were pretty intense, especially of Slade in the prison on the island. I really hope he gets out and starts causing havoc in Starling City again, because he was defeated way too easily. I was expecting the entire Team Arrow and League to take him down, but apparently as soon as you lose the strength from the Mirakuru, you lose all your strength as well... That, and how short the fight scene was with Ravager were probably the only two let downs for me in the episode. I'm probably being biased because of how much I love Deathstroke, but still, I just don't see how get got taken down so easily.

I thought the last fight scene was really well done though, with the way it kept going backwards and forwards between the island and the present day. Another amazing scene was Team Arrow and the League taking down Slade's army. That was so cool! There's a few good storylines being set up for season 3. Thea going with Merlyn was a shock, so I guess this means we'll see Speedy, but as a hero or villain? I really hope Quentin's alright, he's become such an awesome character, and I thought Oliver was going to show him that he was the Arrow at one point. The island had an amazing story, but I'm kind of glad that we'll be seeing a completely new environment. Hong Kong isn't what I would've imagined, but it should be cool. Roy as Red Arrow was awesome. But where did his suddenly good archery skills come from? An appearance from Deadshot was cool, and I hope to see more of him in season 3.

I'm wondering if that's the last we'll see of Sara for a while, or if we'll get to see some of her story on Nanda Parbat, which would be really cool. I'd also like to see more from Anatoli, because he added a lot of light humor into the show, and just seemed like a really cool character. But I hope he doesn't become the supervillain KGBeast, because the way they've developed his character. He just seems too nice to one day become a supervillain.

I'm really looking forward to season 3, and the Flash promo was awesome. I just love how Arrow and Flash talk to each other with quirky remarks.

11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    No, Sara, don't give Laurel your jacket, don't you dare, don't go! NooooooO! :_|

Anyway, yeah, that was... a'ite, I spose. Wasn't especially 'wowed', though.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

Yeah, that was my feeling as well. It was all a bit anti-climactic. The heavier and more suspenseful story bits happened in the last couple of previous episodes. This was just wrap-up/denouement. The whole stand-off at ARGUS and that final bit with Quentin keeling over at the end seemed unnecessary.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Here's the trailer to CW's Flash TV Show

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Here's the extended Flash trailer.

Could a Mod please move this thread to the Amphitheater?

15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Looks like Team Sara's flushing out agaaaaiiiinnnn!*

16. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I think the big fight scene was pretty great - cutting between the two timelines was a fun touch.

Merlyn was great, Roy being back to normal was pretty great (but his eventual costume needs to be more than just a red hoodie), Slade's prison was solid, and I really liked that they got rid of his superpowers. I much prefer Slade just being really really good at killing people. Hopefully he can come back and play the mercenary role a bit more - he's not that great as a mastermind. I liked that he was totally cool with ditching his entire plan.

Still annoyed CCH Pounder isn't Amanda Waller.

Other than that...yeah. Another season done. Maybe we can speed up the past timeline and catch things up a bit so each episode could be one whole story as opposed to two with cliffhangers.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Awesome, awesome trailers.

Yes, definitely needs to be retagged Amph.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Nyssa al Ghul's line last night about Oliver not being able to "do what was necessary" was another great call back to Nolan. Right alongside Canary telling an assassin earlier in the season "you should mind your surroundings."

Nyssa in combat was absolutely ridiculous too, as good as Ollie, I think. Hope she and the League are prominently featured going forward, they avoided the pitfall of making her character hollow in an effort to appeal to the larger DC/Batman audience. Not a surprise, as essentially everything this team has done in two seasons has been golden.

It wouldn't have made a lick of sense, but what I would have given to have seen Merlyn fighting in that tunnel rumble. Would have been so awesome - was a great episode for him even without fighting though, Barrowman is just terrific.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Funny thing is, because of the extended trailer, I don't feel I need to watch the actual pilot. Additionally, I'm still not feeling the actor cast as Barry.

Darth_Smeagol likes this.
  20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    This doesn't look that good.

Darth_Smeagol likes this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    CW budget isn't going to allow for flashy effects or great trailers. But if anyone from Arrow is associated with the production and writing of this series (hint: they are), I have total faith in it.

Also, they cast Barry perfectly, we've already seen that. Time to find him his Slade Wlison- my guess is that it'll be Zoom.

Souderwan likes this.
  22. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Will Mark Hamill be back as the Trickster?

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I liked Nyssa a lot more in this episode compared to Heir to the Demon, probably because of her more heroic side, as with Merlyn over the past two episodes. Although the look on Merlyn's face in the limo with Thea made me think he's just going to back to his evil ways, plus the fact that he's going to be a season 3 regular.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    He's as evil as he's ever been, rest assured. After Oliver beat him and he lost his leverage with Moira, he was left with nothing, and saw an opportunity to move in on Thea after Moira's death - I wouldn't assume that he's genuine in his feelings towards her, just sees a potential ally.

And at first chance, he'd kill Oliver.

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm thinking that Thea becomes Speedy, but is a side kick for Merlyn. I can just imagine how shocked Oliver would be when he finds out he's fighting his own sister and she's teamed up with his archenemy.