main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    John Barrowman!

mavjade and Juliet316 like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Nice, more Suicide Squad.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    MavJade I am surprised at how much you look like John Barrowman in that pic.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    That's awesome mavjade! The costume looks great. And that's interesting news about Captain Boomerang. I thought he'd be on The Flash considering he's a Flash villain, but I'm still really looking forward to seeing him. I hope Nick Tarabay can put on a good Australian accent.

mavjade likes this.
  5. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I find it amusing that they have cast a Lebanese actor for an Australian character, while casting an Australian actor for the part of an Arabian character.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So, I've been meaning to get on board with this series but haven't had the time or money to subscribe to Netflix yet- do you think it'll be possible to jump on with the start of this new season? Or just hold off until I can hit up the first two seasons and catch up later on?

Normally I wouldn't consider it but I'm probably going to check out The Flash and figured maybe it'd be worth the trade off to keep up with both.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    It's an excellent show, think you'll enjoy.

To answer your question, you probably should watch at least the second season prior to season 3 - first season established a lot with flashbacks, but the second season really stepped up the action in the present. Maybe grab the free trial of Netflix and watch?

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    That's difficult to say really.

Season 1 chronicles Oliver's journey as a vigilante to a hero. He builds his team and his rogues in the first season. But more important, we see his growth from his time on the island from spoiled rich kid into selfless hero. The reason that's important is Season 2 deals with his mistakes on the island coming back to haunt him and there's a lot of development with his team, his personal life and more. It also continues his journey to being not just a hero, but the city's savior. So to jump into Season 3 would probably mean you miss a lot of character development and may be a bit confused about some of the things that happen. On the other hand, it's a new season, new status quo and so perhaps you could jump on. That said, even if you do, you have to go back and watch the first two seasons. Season 1 takes a while to pick up, but when it does, it's a rollar coaster ride to the end. Season 2 continues that ride and goes even crazier with some of the twists it throws. Also, Season 2 contains the best villain so far.

Are you able to get a free month trial of netflix? If so, I'd recommend doing that and trying to catch up as much as you can.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    The2ndQuest - Having managed to sneak a look at the Flash pilot, I think, even though he was introduced on Arrow, (and there maybe some crossover between Flash and Arrow this season) the pilot sets things up well enough that you could reasonably watch The Flash without having to have too terribly much foreknowledge of Arrow.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmm, ok, I'll probably stick with Flash and try to catch up on Arrow later before season's end then.

I can get a free month trial- it's more time than money between classes, my jobs and existing entertainment (Who, AOS/AC, Flash, Gotham, Constantine, Blacklist will be airing during the same period of time (at least for awhile), and that's not even counting animation and Brooklyn 99, etc), it's hard to count on having enough time to use that free month properly (it's one thing to tivo a show and get to it eventually, another to have to go through a whole season in a defined window of time), so I'm kinda saving it to maximize it (because, Clone Wars S6, Breaking Bad and House of Cards are also waiting in the wings on there ;)).

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah, I agree that you could probably get away with starting in Season 2, but I'd recommend starting for the beginning if you can, I wouldn't start from Season 3. Too much has happened to bring us to where we are now.

I do think The Flash will be fine without having watched Arrow. There may be a few inside things (like if you watched Torchwood without having seen Doctor Who) but I don't think you would be lost.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Appreciate the insight folks, thanks.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Tell us what you think when you watch! I wouldn't say it's a "niche" show, but the group of JCers in this thread really do love it.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    One follow up question: I see that CW is reairing the two Flash setup episodes of Arrow the week prior to Flash's premiere. Would watching those particular episodes spoil anything of significance for Arrow S1/S2? Or do they stand alone fairly well?

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    They don't stand alone completely, but if I recall, there isn't a lot of stuff with the main antagonist in each.

I could be wrong, though - someone correct me if so.

16. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005

Actually, I can think of at least two huge spoilers for each series. I would probably avoid them if you can.

17. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    The main antagonist, no, but we see one of his "arms" so to speak.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Alrighty. I'll wait on those for the rest of the series.

19. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    I think you should. Yodaminch hit the nail on the head. But I'd say that if you want to start with season 3 and you're crunched for time, then watch the pilot and the last 3 episodes of season 1 (#'s 21,22, and 23) and treat those as a "movie." Besides loosing the overall forward moving character development YM mentioned, season 1 does have quite few stand alone/ limited episode story arcs that could be skipped. But you'll understand the "framework" of the show with those episodes above. Season 2 has to be watched in its entirety, but it actually might be kind of cool to watch it as a flashback season if you start with season 3 (and visit the season after the 3rd season is complete)

So watch those episodes from 1. Then start with 3 along with Flash, and then once the current season is done (and you have more time) go back and watch all of season 2. All of the stuff contained in the season will truly blow your mind and fill in the blanks.

And, it would be a very Nolan/Tarentino-esque non-linear way to watch the series.... :p

20. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Will we ever see a batman cameo? Only batman CSB handle Raz

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    We will not.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Hopefully we'll see Nightwing though. That's been rumoured for quite some time now.

23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Doubt we'll see him especially if TNT greenlights the Titans series.

24. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Already better than Gotham.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I like this version of the West family far better than the comics are portraying them.