main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I don't think he says "we" going back and trying to use the ridiculous CWTV.com player. I think I was hearing the "forgive me" part wrong.

I will say, the commercial highlights Wells' line: "Inside your body may be the map to a whole new world..." now we clearly interpreted that differently (as in "breakthroughs in modern medicine!") but... what if he was being more literal than that? :)

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Another great episode. Some fantastic fight scenes, and I thought when Oliver caught Komodo's arrow, spun around and shot it back at him, was one of the most epic scenes of the entire series. From the Arrow and Arsenal vs. Komodo fight, I can already tell that there's gonna be a lot of great fights this season. Another great ending. Thea's learning fast.

As for who killed Sara, I'm guessing it was Merlyn now. Even though I said the killer didn't sound like him, he's the only one I can think of that could've done it, unless it's someone that hasn't been on the show yet. I thought that maybe Nyssa could've done it, but the voice sounded too manly.

heels1785 likes this.
  3. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I do recall hearing rumblings about it but not really more than early development stuff.

One of the 3 Arrow producers (I think it was Berlanti, but I'm not sure) has said that they already have an idea of what the third property they want to add to this universe is but refused to give anything resembling a hint since they hadn't discussed any further than the core production group. The speculation is that it would either be Atom, Green Lantern or Aquaman, but I stress that this was pure speculation on the part of the article's author.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just realized it was the first time we saw Arrow and Arsenal fighting together - very nice combat in this episode.

5. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Oliver pretty much shot down any idea it was the League of Assassins who killed Sara, which makes me think they could be suspects. I'm pretty sure if he suspects them their innocent. The reveal will have to be a surprise. So I'm still guessing either Ras, Thea, or resurrected Dark Archer Tommy.

Then again isn't Cupid supposed to be in this season? Isn't she supposed to be obsessed with the Arrow? Maybe she killed Sara for some jealous stalker reason? That said she seems to minor a villain to pin this on unless the moral was any hero can be killed by anyone, it doesn't have to be some big conspiracy or supervillain. that said Sara did seem to know the killer so it's probably not her.

6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Really? We haven't seen them fighting together before? That surprises me. I don't think we've seen them to the extent we saw in this episode and that fight scene was awesome, but I would've sworn we'd seen them together before.

heels1785 likes this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Costumed, I should have said.

You're right. :)

s65horsey likes this.
  8. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Though I'm not a huge Flash comic fan, I do like the character & really enjoyed the early '90's very underrated & short-lived TV show back in the day. And, I am really enjoying this new Flash series so far - good storylines, acting, and effects. I especially liked the Multiple Man?! in the 2nd episode. Hopefully the show has a bright future (at the least, I hope it lasts longer than the previous incarnation of the show).

The show is definitely "inspired" by Smallville, which I was also a huge fan of. In Smallville, the meteor shower that brought Clark/Superman to Earth also created a lot of human mutants that ended up becoming evil - many of whom Clark had to deal with throughout the series. Very similar to what's happening in "The Flash", i.e. the accident that gave Barry his power has also created many "Meta Humans", which he will obviously have to fight throughout the series...

I do hope that we see more impressive super-villains in the first season of The Flash; Smallville seemed to just have some fairly standard "mutants" in the first several seasons of that show. Hopefully The Flash will have more recognizable DC villains early on; based on what we've seen in the first two episodes, it sounds like that may be the plan here....Possibly Flash has a bigger budget than Smallville did?!....

Also liked "The Jitters" coffee shop in The Flash (great name for a coffee bar!); brings to mind The Talon from Smallville...

Also, it's cool that they have J. Wesley Shipp play Barry Allen's father; nice homage to the previous '90's series.

It was interesting to see the end of the first episode, when the supposedly disabled scientist gets up, walks to a hidden vault, and looks at a newspaper from the future (2024?!) mentioning the future Flash...This plot point was obviously taken from DC's sublime & iconic '80's Maxi-series Crisis on Infinite Earths...In any case, the scientist obviously has a hidden agenda; also as evidenced by what he did at the end of the second episode...

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Multiplex is the name of the villain; originally a Firestorm foe.

10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I do believe the correct term is "Bang Babies" and that the actual show you are referencing is Static Shock.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Wocky, don't be wicked.

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Clip from tomorrow night's episode. Humor - yet another thing this show does well.

Also, a spoillerrific shot of Ollie..
    [​IMG]
    (from the finale) - my guess is this is Nanda Parbat. and he's either fighting Ra's or Merlyn. Possibly training with Ra's. Who knows.

s65horsey and Juliet316 like this.
  13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I should've said yesterday, Vinnie Jones has been cast as Brick. I was wondering when Brick would appear in the show. I think Vinnie's a great casting choice, because we've seen how well he plays tough supervillains.

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I think they heard us. :p

Glad that problem is resolved.

Nice to get some info on Ronnie and what happened. Still not sure how Wells faked his injury or why he needed to. And Barry's dad knows he's the Flash right? Hence the story at the end about running to something?

GenAntilles likes this.
  15. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Guess they did. Didn't expect them to vocalize it the exact same way... hope Wells hasn't traveled to the future to read my posts...

I think Flash vibrated his face so his dad wouldn't know it was him.

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    He did, but AFTER his father had a chance to get a look at him. I got the vibrating on Barry's end, but I think it was too late.

Also, FELICITY!

"What'll you tell them?"
    "Explosive Diarrhea"
    [face_laugh]

17. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    The guy playing Barry looks like the one guy from New Girl on Fox.

18. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Next week's preview spoilers:
    So excited for this guy next week!![​IMG] I think we're finally getting a reoccurring bad guy too.

19. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

One might assume that's why he wears a mask.

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Love the museum comment.

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Metahumans predates the Bang Babies concept. It was first introduced in the 1988 crossover series "Invasion", where a number of new super powered individuals debuted after the Dominators trigger a bomb that actives many Metahumans abilities.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm really digging this show a lot.

Darth_Invidious and heels1785 like this.
  23. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I do love they are skipping most of the usual cliche drama and just having Detective West be the most reasonable authority figure ever.

Juliet316 and dp4m like this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    One thing I'll also note about Det. West -- I'm not a huge fan of the normal "overprotective dad not giving his daughter agency and threatening to shoot the suitor" trope, but with the cop and his partner dynamic as well as with Martin as the dad... it's oddly sweet.

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Another great episode. Didn't like the villain that much, but that was a pretty cool fight at the end. Some great easter eggs in this episode. Blue Devil referenced on the cinemas was clever. I wonder if that's the film they saw. I loved the Flash museum comment and Caitlin's comment about Ronnie saying they were like fire and ice. Some great foreshadow there. I can't wait to see Firestorm.