main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Like Agents of Shield, which had nothing going for it until it tied itself to the Winter Soldier? And now that the Winter Soldier film is done with, the show is back to struggling for material and interesting plots until the next Avengers film.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Or... Agents of SHIELD which had been somewhat meandering, though always with an end-game in mind, which has taken off and become a pretty good show once The Winter Soldier came out?

s65horsey likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Two more awesome things.

The hotel bows. "I never said I didn't know how to use a gun." - nice line from Ollie to Roy. Very creative.

Also - Laurel is about 300 times better when she's super pissed. When her dad told her "You're not the Arrow..or your sister" she glared back at him. Loved that. Kudos, Katie Cassidy for stepping it up.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and s65horsey like this.
  4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Also loved Thea was Mia over in Corto Maltese.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I think you guys missed something rather salient in those plans: O.M.A.C.

It's also nice to see the nod to the comics origin of Black Canary with Wildcat training her.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    There's a writeup on OMAC on comicbook.com, for anyone looking for a bit of clarity. Not something really one would expect to see in a casual viewing.

7. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    So Ray Palmer was supposed to be Ted Kord. That makes more sense looking at how Palmer is acting on the show, if it was Kord I'd buy the adorkable stalker stuff as comedic easily.

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    See Gotham, that's how good a show you should be!

Yeah Barry, Felicity is smoking hot special, and you, just like Ollie, are a damn idiot. :p

9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    This show was great, Captain Cold is awesome, YES. Caps necessary there.

Darth_Invidious and GenAntilles like this.
  10. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    CAPTAIN COLD!!!!!!

Never thought I'd live to see the day when they'd make him an awesome villain. Love he still had a code like in the comics, letting the guard go was a nice touch. Can't wait till we get all the Rogues on a team.

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Who could Snart have been talking to at the end? Does Flash have any pyro villains?

12. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Heat Wave

13. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Felicity makes everything better. [face_love]

Cold was great. Loved the train rescue scene as well. Wells was super ticked about Cisco's gun though. And why not? He's been busy killing off threats to the Flash and making the accident happen and Cisco had to go and create a device that could kill Barry. I'd probably be pretty ticked off after waiting "centuries" too.

I think this is my favorite new show of the season by far. Just keeps getting better.

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Interesting though that, if Wells is knowledgeable of the future, why he wasn't aware of the freeze gun, let alone prevent its theft. I guess it just means that he isn't omniscient or is otherwise focused on other parts of Barry's history. But to somehow neglect to remember a guy with a weapon that could kill his "charge" seems like a small SNAFU from the writers in regards to this (time traveling?) stranger.

15. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    If Wells has messed around enough, and we can't be sure what his goals are yet, it could be that Cisco inventing the cold gun is something brand new for the timeline. Either that or Wells was acting purposefully angry to motivate Cisco into doing something else he must do in the future? Either way, this was the first time Wells seemed dangerous in his 'normal' persona. Also the fact he doesn't want weapons period is rather interesting.

16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    That was the best episode yet! I loved every bit of it. The scene at the start where Flash stopped the robbery was awesome, and the scene where he rescued everyone from the train was awesome too. I've always thought Captain Cold was lame, but they actually managed to make him cool. I had a feeling they would. I can't wait for next week with the Captain Cold and Heat Wave team up. I think that episode is going to be even better. Having Felicty in the entire episode connected the two shows a lot more, which was great, and I'm glad they ended up kissing.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Felicity Smoak. [face_love]

Also, I did find it interesting that Wells is totally willing to drop the facade, even briefly, in his "wheelchair persona" about having a dangerous side.

18. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Kandaq!

Love this show, it is definitely lighter in tone to Arrow and Grant does an amazing job as Barry.

19. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I don't think we're going to see that episode next week. I'm pretty sure they're spacing out the Captain Cold stuff.

But SQUEE!!! Miller rocked it as Captain Cold. Also Felicity is amazing as always. I thought her awkward geeky nature would get to me after awhile of watching Arrow but its still just adorable. Not sure how she pulls that off, but she does! Can I ship Barricity now?

20. C2-N2

C2-N2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2014
    Love it already

21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well Cisco and Caitlin didn't seem to act like it was bizzare for him. He may just keep up the friendly act around Barry while they both know he can get dark very quick.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    We're not seeing anything next week. I think the next new episode well air on 11/11. :(

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Great episode. Cold definitely the best villain we've seen, and Felicity makes everything better. Iris is a bit of a drag in the way Laurel was, early on, but does not detract from how awesome Barry, Joe, and the good doctor Wells make this show.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Incredible week for Flash/Arrow. The 3-person fight was awesome.

Quentin's voicemail for Sara was really tough, though. Quite sad.

s65horsey likes this.
  25. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Seriously. I just adore both of those shows right now. I was also amused that there were Star Wars references on The Flash and Agents of Shield this week.

Barrowman just is astounding each week. I think he helps bring all of them up a level. Pretty epic 50th episode.