main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Look Jed Bartley is everyone's favourite president but holy **** Ra's was awesome. His outfit was straight from the comics, too - the green suit with a cloak on top? Ugh yes, more of this, plz.

As for Batman, pour one out for our man in Gotham. He ain't gonna be on the show anytime soon.

Lord Gaos, heels1785 and s65horsey like this.
  2. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    All in all, all things considered, fantastic!

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. Just got to see the episode today, and just wow.
    I KNOW this isn't over yet, as too much has been built on Oliver and the Arrow, but I can't say I expected him to be FREAKING STABBED IN THE HEART!

Lord Gaos likes this.
  3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Finally caught up last night (after having to try very hard not to get spoiled) and holy crap that was shocking.

I think this person from the comments in i09 kinda summed up the way I feel about it (with expletives removed, obviously):

s65horsey likes this.
  4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Re-watched the Season 1 finale with my parents last night (my siblings and I watched the show well before my parents started), and man, I forgot how good it was. The writing, the acting, the music score, the action...it was so good! And they were practically panicking when Lance called Laurel at the end, because they were sure he was going to die. Then when Tommy died–they were distraught. So distraught that, even though it was midnight, we started on Season 2! So I just have to applaud the writers of Arrow for being so awesome. As my dad said, "this may be one of the best TV shows ever." =D=

On the more current side of things (remember, I said my siblings and I started the show before my parents; we've just been rewatching it with them), my siblings and I just watched the episode "Deathstroke." Season 2 is almost obscenely good. I have to say, I was not at all expecting Isabel Rochev to be working for Slade, let alone be able to (albeit briefly, and only by element of surprise) get the upper hand on Oliver.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

The chemistry between a block of wood and Jesse L. Martin is remarkable, so it's pretty good when we get someone else with good charisma too!

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Your affinity for wooden acting is well known.

[​IMG]

Ender Sai and Dingo like this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hurry the **** up, new year. Important stuff has to happen on Arrow.

Here's the brand new summary for Season 3, Episode 10, the first episode of 2015:

THE TEAM DEALS WITH OLIVER’S DISAPPEARANCE — In the aftermath of Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) fight with Ra’s al Ghul (Matt Nable), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Arsenal (Colton Haynes) continue to protect the city in the Arrow’s absence. However, after three days without hearing from Oliver, they begin to fear the worst may have happened to their friend. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) refuses to believe that Oliver could be dead until Merlyn (John Barrowman) pays the team a surprise visit. Thea (Willa Holland) suspects there is something more behind Oliver’s disappearance and asks Merlyn for a favor. Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) tests a part of his new suit and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) takes up the mantle of the Black Canary. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Erik Oleson (#310). Original airdate 1/21/2015.

So, Merlyn shows up in the Arrowcave to tell the team that Ollie is dead. The possibilities for that scene and its implications are staggering.

Lord Gaos likes this.
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Renewed, officially. Bring it back for season 2!

[​IMG]

cubman987 likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    And, just as Flash was, Arrow renewed for Season 4, officially.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I was also excited in that announcement that The 100 -- possibly the most subversive (and almost-certainly most feminist) show on television right now -- got renewed as well. It took several levels in badass this season.

I'm also curious how The Flash returns after mid-season hiatus. Clearly it looks like they have a plan with this one, unlike the rest of DC (heels1785 :p ) but interested to see how any retooling gets incorporated or if we start seeing some characters being sidelined. I'm still not wholly sold on Iris at the moment -- but given how important she is to the mythos and if she actually learns the truth and is integrated more, it may pay off for how poor she is, comparatively, to the others.

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think a lot of of say in this thread "the show just keeps getting better" a whole lot. Here is some data that proves that we are not alone (pulled from reddit, IMDB study) in thinking this. Season 2, as I think most of us would agree, was the most consistent and great - that is shown here. However, the leadup to Nanda Parbat and the actual duel with Ra's grade out as the best episodes of the series so far, which I would agree with.

Also interesting to see that one episode grades lower than an 8. For some context, the series finale of Lost graded as an 8.0.

[​IMG]

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I heard about this the other day, and it's the best news I've heard for Arrow for all of this season so far.

Deathstroke is coming back in the present day and he's out for blood! I honestly didn't expect him to return so soon, especially half way through season three, since Ra's and Merlyn are the main villains for this season. Does this mean we might end up getting a Deathstroke vs. Ra's fight? I hope so!

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/16/dea...for-blood-when-he-returns-on-arrow/[/spoiler]

laurethiel1138 and cubman987 like this.
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The Flash is back today! But of course I won't be watching it today lol. Gotta avoid the commercials! :)

Lord Gaos likes this.
  15. Lord Gaos

Lord Gaos Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2014
    =D= Yup...DVR is set
    And Arrow returns tomorrow which also ended awesomely!

16. Lord Gaos

Nov 24, 2014
    All I know is I am happy we are finally back to new eps. The Flash tonight and Arrow tomorrow night = AWESOME!

cubman987 likes this.
  17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I just hope they lessen the Felicity stuff (I don't have a problem with the actress, but I just don't like how she is almost literally a love interest for every guy on both shows). I watch superhero stuff to be inspired, not for soap-ish material [face_dunno]

Lord Gaos likes this.
  18. Lord Gaos

Nov 24, 2014
    LOL...she does seem to be a bit...flighty...with her emotions. Oliver, Barry, Ray. Ease up Felicity!

19. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Cannot wait for tonight (and tomorrow night)! I am loving The Flash, even more so than the first season of Arrow. If I am correct, tonight will feature Capatin Cold and Heat Wave. Right?

20. Lord Gaos

Nov 24, 2014
    GenAntilles likes this.
  21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    "I hope we're not enemies."

Wells you delightful troll you.

22. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Loved that episode! Great to see Miller and Purcell back on the screen together.

Also excited about the new villain introduced tonight being a female.

23. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Golden Glider!

24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Stephen Amell was on Jimmy Kimmel and when Kimmel asked if Ollie was dead, he said:

Well, he's definitely hurt

Couple that with Amell saying:

Ollie will not be resurrected via lazurus pit

It looks like:

Oliver is alive. But likely just barely. So now the question is who will save him?

25. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Frodo

Lord Gaos likes this.