main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Ras? Heal him and make him one his assassins or something as Oliver will have plot amnesia or something? I think Ras' actor mentioned he would have a mentor like role with Oliver in this season.

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Of the possible choices, my thoughts:
    1. Maseo- Obvious really. Seemed like he was trying to spare Oliver the entire time. So if he can't do that, maybe he goes to get the body and determines Ollie is barely alive and resorts to saving him.
    2. Katana- if she is still alive. My thoughts are that the 'incident' Ollie alluded to resulted in the death of her son and her leaving Maseo. But perhaps after he joins R'as, she follows him or Ollie and rescues Ollie after Ra's leaves.
    3. Malcolm- Risky for him, but he's arrogant enough to risk it.
    4. Nyssa- She knows Ollie was hiding something. Maybe she still wants to know. Maybe out of respect for Sarah she saves him. But if she does, I have to suspect it is with Ra's ok.
    5. Amanda Waller. Because she's the wall and she is everywhere. Also, he was her agent and so was Maseo. Someone like her keeps an eye on everyone who worked for her. Maybe Maseo even tips her off.
    6. Out there idea: Sarah- resurrected by Lazurus pit (hey Nyssa knew where the body was!)
    Also, Stephen Amell said we've already seen the lazurus pit. So if it wasn't the pool Ra's first emerged from in his entrance, my thought is mirakuru.

3. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm really hoping Katana is alive in the present but part of me is thinking she's dead by the end of this season's flashbacks. Isn't Maeso using her sword after all?

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm starting to see a pattern here: former Spartacus alumni permeate the Arrow cast, and now former Prison Breakers are making their home in The Flash. So...we need Bill Fichtner to play Mirror Master. Or at the very least, the Iron Heights warden. :p

That said, the fiery/icy duo were sometimes just a bit hammy and over the top. Yeah, I know, comic-book show featuring comic-book heroes and villains. But still, if I wanted a ham and cheese sandwich, I'd make one...or watch guddam Gotham.

5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I feel like the villains were a bit over the top but perfectly so...they were just goofy enough to provide a bit of humor and fun but serious enough to cause a real threat. It's hard to get this right ( Electro in Amazing Spider-man 2 or Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin) but I think this show has done a really good job with it.

Lord Gaos likes this.
  6. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    This was great! Captain Cold and Heatwave - just need Captain Boomerang and Mirror Master, now!

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    John Barrowman is killing it tonight.

8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Ok.

Glad they didn't drag out Ollie's resurrection. And that they showed it was Maseo and Tatsu.

I think we can assume Tatsu does have her katana as she's now shown training twice. Though bringing someone back from the dead ,because I REALLY doubt he was breathing after 3 days. Hypothermia would have killed him at least, means she's got some interesting abilities for sure. I assume the writers ruled out Lazurus because Ra's wanted him dead. So will be interesting if we learn what exactly she did. I think my other guess (dead son) is correct two based on Maseo's conversation. Clearly when they get Tatsu back, something happens to separate the two. Their son's death seems the easiest. But Maseo owed Ollie so he has fulfilled his debt by saving his life.

Now to Team Arrow. Poor Felicity. I guess she's going to be sitting things out next week for a bit? Or is Laurel going to drag her back in? Speaking of Laurel, nice intro for her as Canary, complete with the canary cry. Roy was interesting this week, but it is clear he is not nearly as skilled as Oliver. Diggle in the Arrow getup was amusing, but seriously why doesn't the man wear a mask when he's going into a place full of cameras and cops? ARGUS can only get him so far. And anyone who connects him to Oliver risks exposing everyone. Not surprised Felicity shut the door on them. Can't really blame her either. Sarah and Oliver are bad enough. With an almost certainty of losing Dig and Roy vs letting boxes escape, I'd probably do the same in her position.

Poor Thea is going to have one hell of a breakdown when people start telling her the truth. As bad as Moira lied to her, I'm pretty sure nothing tops what Ollie has unintentionally done and especially what Malcolm HAS intentionally done. She'll see he's every bit the most Tommy thought he was. I did appreciate seeing how Malcolm's mind works though. Because Ollie took him down, he knew that he could never hope to face off against R'as. He figured Ollie, motivated by the life of Thea just as he was motivated by the fate of Starling would be able to defeat R'as. John Barrowman did an excellent job conveying Malcolm's fear and later despair at finding Ollie was dead and his attempt to flee with Thea should be interesting at least. Honestly though, it serves him right. Had he never killed Sarah, none of that would have happened.

Also, one benefit of the Canary being back is Quentin is likely to assume Sarah is back. Problem is, how long can Laurel keep that up? If he doesn't figure out it is Laurel, because the new outfit sure as heck doesn't look like Sarah, he's the worst detective ever. And the only way that can happen is if she literally flees every time he's nearby. All he'll need is one glimpse or to hear her voice once and he'll know. For that reason, I don't see Quentin surviving the season. :(

9. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Also if Tatsu can really bring Oliver back after three days of being dead he should really regret not keeping in touch when Sara bought it...

Yodaminch likes this.
  10. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Much as I like Paul Blackthorne he hasn't been used much this season. I doubt he'll be killed off, but I'm certain he's going to be written out or, at the very least, relegated to being even more of a side character.

11. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Also just to be clear... Laurel is killing those guys right? Cause they can't be rearrested just because she beat them up, they haven't committed any crime So either she killed them or she just gave them some bruises and they'll just continue their criminal ways like normal. Not really seeing what she hopes to accomplish if she's being non-lethal.

12. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, if she breaks their arms/legs, they aren't much use to Brick for a while. I don't see her killing. Even if she does believe that the law isn't enough, she still believes too much in order to resort to killing ESPECIALLY when both Ollie and Sarah had started to refrain from killing.

13. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Unless she is: a) getting her feet wet at doing this properly and burning off some frustration; b) doing a soft announcement that there is another player in the game; c) going to ask them nicely for information to help go after Brick; or d) any combination of the above.

14. Lord Gaos

Lord Gaos Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2014
    Well it looks like we might see Golden Glider. Also got a first look at a possible future version of Firestorm...depending on how they integrate actual comic stories, or which universe they pick from. Am I the only one confused by actual comics these days? Too many new starts, alternate Universes etc.

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    In current continuity, Ronnie and Jason make up Firestorm. They might start with Stein and Ronnie, before moving to Ronnie and Jason.

16. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Other than C... none of those improves the situation. They all would make it worse.

17. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    When has any action that she's taken not generally made things worse? It's kind of a given.

Ender Sai and Yodaminch like this.
  18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Eh, true. Just kind of hoping she'd have prepared for this.

The way it was shot made it seem like a spur of the moment thing, but where did she get her own costume if that was the case? She had to have made it beforehand so she had to have had a plan. Unless the guys are crippled for life or they gave her info I'm not sure how pissing off a bunch of cons is going to make things better for the people of Starling.

Then again maybe that's what causes Brick to storm City Hall and shoot it up, sending a message back and all.

19. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    It's sort of just how Sarah was introduced as Canary though. She beat up some guys harassing a girl and rescued Roy. And she left those guys breathing, badly beaten, but breathing.

The best way to hurt Brick is to cripple his people. Because alive, they might talk. And spread fear that the vigilantes are after them. Not just the hood and his partner, but the Canary as well. And that also gives Starling hope as well should anyone worry about the Arrow's disappearance. In effect, she's continuing Ollie and Sarah's work, believing Oliver truly is dead and team Arrow is fractured if not disbanded entirely. Brick then has to deal with trusting whether his men are more afraid of him or the vigilantes. Plus, as she takes out more of them, less able bodied workers for Brick, forcing him to do more recruiting if he gets truly desperate. Which will probably draw him out.

Now granted, that's more of an Oliver line of thought than Laurel, but Laurel did have a cop father and she's been part of plenty of stings. So maybe she actually does have a plan. My bet is after working with Ted, she made the costume but put it off, believing Oliver had it handled and she could best help by putting away the people he caught. But now, Oliver is gone, his team is in disarray and she sees a way to honor her sister and him. She was one of the first to believe in the Arrow and his mission, so it sort of makes sense that she would be the last one willing to let it die with Oliver.

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  20. Lord Gaos

Nov 24, 2014
    Great episode and great season so far. I FINALLY got to watch this episode last night. The last part of this season is going to take forever because I really want to see Roy finish the development of his Atom suit. Does anyone know if we will see a fully uniformed Atom by the end of the season...maybe in the season finale?

21. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Ray is going to make an appearance in the 18th episode of the Flash in order to get some STAR labs help with his Atom suit, so it's not going to be finished at that point. Assuming both have a similar 23 episode cycle, that would mean the full suit would appear somewhere in the remaining 5 episodes.

22. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Also talk he's getting his own spinoff too.

23. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Really, I had not heard that. That would certainly represent a solid investment into the DC world by the CW. So, I'd assume that Arrow would be the full on dark and gritty? Flash would be the fun and quirky? Atom would take over the "super-rich fish out of water" mantle that Ollie had in the first season?

There's also supposed to be an animated streaming show featuring the VIxen, which takes place in the Arrow/Flash world, although I don't know anything about it.
    [​IMG]

24. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Is it really taking place in the ArrowFlashverse? I'm kind of skeptical they'll keep to continuity on that

25. Lord Gaos

Nov 24, 2014

Yeah I have also heard of the possibility of an Atom stand-alone show. I would definitely check it out as, thus far anyway, I really the enjoy the Ray Palmer character and story line they have going.