main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Best line by far in a show that's gotten a ton of witty lines in less then a season.

But really, why are we gonna have to wait nearly a whole month for a new episode? The **** is up with that?

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    O.M.G. This show is awesome.

1) PITTSBURGH! Really nice nod there.

2) That Grodd line made me squee. Though, as a note, the VO work is being done by one of the stuntmen and not Powers Boothe. Win some, lose some.

3) I... still have no idea what's going on with Wells, the suit, etc. Is it wrong that I still find it ambiguous, even with the stinger?

Darth McClain likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hopefully - hopefully - when the character talks more (maybe season 2), they'll sign Powers Boothe for the voice and we'll just act like nothing happened, because we'll be so excited.

GenAntilles and dp4m like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I think it's the best super hero based tv show currently on the air.

Yeah, it's cool when your city gets some screen time. I always get a kick when I see scenes from San Francisco on anything.

That Grodd line was pretty epic, but before that we saw some psychic effects. The show has really taken an missteps.

I believe Wells is from the future or has traveled to the future and therefore can manipulate certain events and alter evidence. I think the show has hinted on more than occasion that Wells intentionally blew up Star Labs.

On another note, I always thought it was a bit creepy that Firestorm was two people, and last night's episode reinforced that.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Well, Firestorm ended up in Pittsburgh after NYC so that's what I was referring to. :p

EDIT: I should note; this was probably backdoor-pilot material (hence the specific reference to another city). Similar to what Arrow is apparently ramping up to with Atom.

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    So that's the second nod now to the Donner Superman film in this show.

I might love the Flash more than Arrow right now.

dp4m likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Was the "Grodd voice" done in this manner because it was, as Eiling said, the "voice inside of my head" as opposed to Grodd's actual voice?

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Wait... How'd I miss that it was going to be a month?! Now I'm depressed. :(

I wasn't convinced until this week, but now I fully love Firestorm, I would watch the heck out of his own show!

I've always thought Wells was a big misdirect, I still think that even with the reveal. Misdirecting to what, I have no clue.

Dingo likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I don't know much about Firestorm. Does he have his own Rogue Gallery?

I don't think Wells is a misdirect as he killed at least one person in cold blood and he has an evil ally. Wells reminds me of Booster Gold with his computer and his newspaper from the future.

I wonder if they'll adapt the Flashpoint comic book storyline for the TV series. It won't be as good because there isn't a fully establish DC TV universe with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Yes.

Including, ahem, Killer Frost...

>.>
    <.<
    >.>

11. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I would die if Caitlin ends up the Slade villain for season 2, lol.

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah, early on I could have gotten behind Caitlin as Killer Frost. But now, she's too likable. Even with Wells' betrayal, I just don't see her turning as long as Barry is there. She would need to lose total faith in him I think for me to buy her turning evil. Turning into another meta but not going evil? That I could buy.

13. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I could see her being a villain in the sense her powers can't be controlled and she can't stop herself from causing harm. But I don't see her robbing banks.

14. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    The chemistry between Garber and Amell is exactly what is needed for the character to be able to hold a show of his own. Plus to see them explore the full range of Firestorm's power set even with a TV budget.

GenAntilles likes this.
  15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Well.

Reverse Flash aka Professor Zoom = real name Eobard Thawne.

Prof Wells = not his real name. Can't be. Professor Harrison G Wells, who happens to time travel?

Yeah, no. He's taken on HG Wells as a name deliberately.

It's not a misdirect, it's a very slow reveal of a bigger picture.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

We've already made the HG Well connection like a thousand times in this thread. Clearly it's an assumed name which we knew.

As I noted above as well -- I still kinda think it's a misdirect in that we're supposed to think he's the Big Bad, but I don't think he's the Big Bad. I also think you're correct that we're getting a slow reveal of a bigger picture with Wells, but still don't think that overshadows the other misdirect.

Also, I'm going to get into tin foil hat area here for a moment, so I'll mark it...

/tinfoilhat

I think Tess Morgan is Nora Allen.

Assuming Wells is from the future, I think she may have been as well -- and ended up further in the past as part of an initial experiment, where she met Henry and eventually had Barry. It took Wells that long to find her and there is some other convoluted plot around it.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The HG Wells piece was in support of the notion that Zoom himself his playing a longer, larger game - we only made the connection because we know he's a time traveller.

As for the Nora piece? No, I can't see that. What I think is going on, and this is just my theory - but whatever's affecting Zoom and his powers requires an understanding of the speed force that he does not have. He needs to ensure Barry becomes the Flash, and having the dead mother factor as part of it is what drives him to help others. It's why he's so keen to save Barry and make him a hero - and to push him for testing. It's also I think why Barry chases Wells back to save Nora, and is destined to fail.

Zoom has to make sure the Flash becomes the Flash in that specific way. Why? We don't know. But it seems clear that Barry must go through this exact sequence of events.

18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah I think Wells has the speed force in the future, and needs to make sure Barry gets it and goes through specific events to ensure Wells gets the Speed Force from him in the future. Wells uses the tachyon device to pull the Speed Force from his future self into himself in the past.

19. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

I'm on the fence with this. Part of me would like to see just Firestorm. But another part would not mind a Justice League International type of group consisting of Firestorm, ATOM, and a new female hero such as Vixen or Fire and Ice.
    It would be a weird ensemble choice true. But it could be really fun. Especially if they had these guys and maybe Beetle and Booster. That would probably be too much for the CW though and put us dangerously close to this old gem:

[​IMG]

20. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Fire was already name dropped as someone that 'died' in the accelerator explosion. Vixen is getting her own animated series that's 'supposedly' canon in the Arrowverse.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    If it's a Justice League based on Arrowverse characters you have: Flash, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Huntress, Firestorm, and the Atom. Not a bad roster...

22. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    They do need to make Huntress not a supervillain first though

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

Well, if we went off Wells' list:

Ralph Dibney, a.k.a. Elongated Man; Bea de Costa, a.k.a. Fire; Grant Emmerson, a.k.a. Damage; Al Rothsein, a.k.a. Atom Smasher; Will Everett, a.k.a. Amazing Man; and Ronnie Raymond a.k.a. Firestorm

That could work too.

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Nice episode tonight. Enjoyed the flashback

So really, how likely is it that Tommy got a Lazarus bath? He's been mentioned and shown up too much for me not to believe the writers don't want to have a crazy back from the dead EVIL Tommy going after Ollie and Thea - who now realizes he's her brother.
    Hey guys, did you know Laurel was going to work for a big firm? Now we know since it had to be mentioned over and over again. I do like that it served the purpose of Lance wanting Laurel to help people, but he certainly got more than he bargained for in that deal. The scene at the end in the cemetery was just gut wrenching though. Great job by Paul Blackthorne. Looks like Laurel and Quentin are in for a rocky relationship for a while. I'm sure the Arrow and friends are also going to be in for it given they helped conceal this and he probably imagines they sanctioned Laurel's involvement (which technically Felictiy and Roy did do but Ollie not until recently so....)
    REALLY enjoyed Ollie and Thea vs. Slade. That was a great fight and it should be interesting to see how Thea fits in with the rest of Team Arrow should she finally become Speedy.

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Eh, she wouldn't sit well with Grodd, Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Merlyn, or Deathstroke...