main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah he mentioned his boyfriend a few episodes ago. It was treated so normal not a lot of viewers seem to have noticed it. Actually this episode might be the third time Singh being gay has been mentioned.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Of course it was; they were gambling on the average TV viewer not a) knowing about Professor Zoom or wider Flash canon and b) putting 2 and 2 together on Harrison G Wells = HG Wells.

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Ender's spot-on there.

Also, man, that scene where Cisco learns the awful truth - wow. That was very good work from both actors, I have to say. Cisco is one of my favourite characters on this show, and it was absolutely heart-breaking to see how hurt and betrayed he was, and how afraid. Simultaneously, Thawne is so compelling because he genuinely likes the people he wants to destroy. It's such a unique dynamic, and it works so well. Wow, wow, wow.

I really have to say, this is amazing TV. I like Arrow, but this hits all the buttons for me.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    As a side-note, apparently most of that emotive stuff between Wells / Cisco in that scene was ad-libbed / improvised by both actors. Which... is really impressive.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Note that coming up the police find skeletal remains which confirms what I've said, which is that Thawne killed the real Harrison Welles and his wife, but assumed his identity. It wasn't a red herring, but a clue that he was the Reverse Flash.

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Yep. Yodaminch is right.
    Ollie's dual identity has been blown before. In fact, it was a bit of a joke in an issue of "Warlord" when Travis Morgan is mistaken for Oliver multiple times. Leading to this hilarious bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Which literally nobody can read

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  9. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    The pictures are too small to make out the dialogue in them.

10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Any theories on how Shado is still alive?

11. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Twin sister

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    She's the real Ra's Al Ghul.

[face_skull]

Yodaminch and GenAntilles like this.
  13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  14. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Ollie should just accept the offer. That'd make for an awesome season. And then at the end he renounces it and Ra's is all "WTF bro."

15. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Honestly the best option would be for Ollie to accept the offer, but announce Nyssa is issuing his orders as he still wants to live in Starling. Ollie 'technically' is leader... and Nyssa gets to actually lead.

They just have to keep the illusion going until Ras bites the bucket.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So, I was actually enjoying last night's episode- it seemed like it was a show that was finally correcting course....
    offing its occasionally irritating comic relief (in a scene that was legitimately unsettling), likely making the unnecessary doe-eyed scientist chick the next target/victim, finally moving the Barry/Iris romance stuff forward instead of the dragged-out annoying filler it has always been, as well as revealing his identity as the Flash to her.
    And on top of that, the villain of the week actually felt threatening/menacing (even if he suffers a little from Taken 2 villain syndrome in that his motivations don't hold up to scrutity even when confronted about them).

And even when they started to advance the time travel subplot, I'm like, "Cool. He'll glimpse himself and that'll be the next step towards where the series has been pointing to since very early on.". But still, despite that, the show is finally doing something unexpected and with consequence...

But then
    Barry actually takes the place of his prior self. Which means everything important that happened here will be undone and the only advancement will be that Barry knows Iris likes him despite her not knowing she told him and they'll basically just go back to where they've been the last few episodes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:oops:

darth-calvin and Rosslcopter like this.
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Oh, know that for sure, do you?

You don't know he replaced anything. And, very likely, didn't.

18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Considering Cisco is Vibe in the comics and Caitlin is Killer Frost in the comics... I don't think they'll be getting rid of either of them any time soon. Pretty much guaranteed to get powers of their own and work with/fight Barry in the future.

Souderwan likes this.
  19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, never realized they were characters from the comics.

I want to be wrong. I very much want to be wrong. Otherwise the show is taunting me. Me, specifically. Like, in a "screw fans of the Flash, we're gonna make this show just to piss off this guy.- and JUST this guy." kind of way. ;)

20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, the thing with Cisco is
    he did die once. Was killed by Professor Ivo's android duplicates during "The End Of The Justice League Of America"/"Legends" storyline. Then he came back as a Black Lantern during "Blackest Night" and was reborn as part of the New 52 Universe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He was not very popular during his first tenure with the League during the 80's. As to Caitlin Snow, she's better known as Killer Frost.

[​IMG]

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The pics aren't small on my end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  22. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I love this show. :D A relatable idea of never having time for what you want to.

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Quest, can you stop being such a Marvel Zombie and just admit this show is running circles around, well, anything else?

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    [​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    This thread:
    Arrow thread:
    This thread:
    [​IMG]

Darth_Invidious and dp4m like this.