main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    I think it's interesting how they are showing how going back in time can ruin everything you've worked for.
    HOWEVER, we are seeing the Reverse Flash doing hte same thing on purpose...trying to screw up the future, however, wouln't that ruin everything else he's worked FOR
    and he'd not be able to really control what occurs between his future and the Flashes present?

I think I've just gone cross eyed.

2. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    I also wonder why the Flash hasn't realized that he can throw about 500,000 punches before anybody else could move, sooooo.....maybe that would lead to a short series.

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ok Mark, you're muh Joker, but you're laying it on a bit thick.

DarthBane93 likes this.
  5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm posting before y'all crap all over this episode like you seem to do on every episode that I like.

OMG I loved this episode. Hamill as a The Trickster was hilarious and creepy. Also the "I'm your father moment" was awesomely cheesy and such a cute nod to Star Wars fans. I am relieved that they're having the Flash reveal himself to more people. At first when he was doing it I wasn't so sure it was a good idea (I mean on Arrow it was at least a season with only 2 or 3 people knowing who the Arrow was so that was weird at first) but I think it works better for some more of the police to know and Eddie knowing might actually diminish some of the Barry/Iris/Eddie love triangle angle that I think is the weakest part of the show. Also liked how they're showing more of the Wells/Thawne backstory.

Souderwan, Abadacus, Dingo and 2 others like this.
  6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I thought Mark Hamill was great in this....the whole episode was very "comic booky" and I love that. Also, holy crap to the previews for what is still to come this season.

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    And yeah, another two week break. Yay.

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Having such an awesome episode to leave on though almost makes up for it. Mark Hamill was fantastic and we finally got some answers about Wells/Thawne. Plus they gave us a trailer. And of course GRODD^:)^

9. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Hamill's portrayal of the trickster is what landed him the role as the Joker. That's why they are similar.

Also, uh spoliers

The Flash 1x18 Promo "All Star Team Up" (HD):

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Oliver's choice of attire at the 9 second mark sure is interesting.

11. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I have a feeling we'll find out tomorrow...

12. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Probably wasn't the best idea to air that promo before the episode of Arrow aired, but it was a superb promo none the less. As for tonight's episode, it was a big win. Mark Hamill's Trickster was terrific and his ridiculously cheesy line more than delivered. I enjoyed everything else in the episode, the last few scenes with Barry, Joe, and Eddie.

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I had actually forgotten the old Flash show preceded BTAS by a few years. I guess I'm just saying the "I am your father" wink and nod bit was more induced more of a groan than a chuckle for me.

That said, I hope Mark does become a bit of a regular, either in Flash or Arrow. Especially Arrow; since that show is basically "Batman Lite" as far as many of us are concerned, they might as well have the next best thing to the Joker.

14. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    HOT DAMN THAT FLASHBACK FIGHT SCENE

That was good. Like yes, the CGI was spotty at times, but the fight works. So cool!

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  15. darth-calvin

darth-calvin Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 10, 2002
    Loved this episode. I was afraid after the "everything undone cuz time travel" crap that this show would become repetitive and boring. So glad I was wrong. A lot happened to move the story forward.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    "The Trickster" episode aired in February of 1991 and Hamill began the recording sessions for B:TAS later on that year, after it was decided that Tim Curry was too much like Jack Nicholson and that the showrunners wanted to go in a different direction. So the overlap wasn't too much.

Of interesting notes for those who did or didn't catch it.

Notice in the flashbacks, Barry is wearing the traditional Flash outfit seen in Thawne's newspaper clipping. This confirms what he says later, which is that Thawne has chosen to alter history and it seems that the Barry who went back was not 2015 Barry, but at least 2020-2029 Barry. And from the looks of it, "Flashpoint" is being adapted. And with Rip Hunter being cast now, it is possible that he could appear this season.

17. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I loved Hamill's performance once he got out of jail...inside?...not so much. Love the reverse flash twist - I have no knowledge of the Flash comics so this all is a surprise for me.

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Considering the Thawne revelations in this episode, it seems obvious now that Barry's quantum leap to 2000 will probably not be this season's finale, since it he has yet to meet the future, unaltered version of Eobard Thawne. One that has no idea he'll be stuck hundreds of years in the past as a result of that scuffle, let alone that he'll be kinda sorta wearing another man's skin (ew) for the next fifteen years.

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Originally in the comics, Eobard Thawne had altered his appearance to that of Barry Allen due to his obsession of him. Thawne had originally wanted to be friends with Barry, but Barry rejected him when he saw how unstable he was. They kept the altering of Thawne's features, but opted for original character Harrison Welles instead.

20. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Turns out that the name Harrison Wells is sort of a red-herring, and sort of isn't. I'm actually kind of bummed it's not a name Thawne chose for himself, because that would be a perfect supervillain action. And damn do I feel sorry for the real Harrison Wells. And also EDDIE IS ON TEAM FLASH! WOOOOOOOOO!

21. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Ah interesting.

22. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    You know I was kind of hoping it'd be Malcolm taking the fall for Oliver. Coming out and making everyone believe he was back as the Dark Archer and framing him.

Though the 'I am Spartacus' sentiment from Roy is nice... I'm not sure why it should work. I mean they had to have evidence? Lance wasn't going to prosecute Oliver if the only evidence was 'The immortal leader of an assassin cult told me' so how exactly is Roy's plan going to work?

Also will someone please slap Lance upside the head for being an idiot. If it wasn't for Oliver the Glades would've been destroyed in season 1, and then Slade would've destroyed the whole city in season 2. Oliver never getting off the island would never have stopped those things from happening. I mean the show is acting like Lance has a point but his point is 100% wrong, there's nothing to sympathize with or agree even partially with on it.

23. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    This episode was awesome. So much awesome, so much win.

s65horsey and Lord Vivec like this.
  25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So when the writers said Harrison Wells was a totally brand new character, they were telling the truth...from a certain point of view. [face_beatup]

That said, I am rather bummed in some ways that Wells is now exposed and Team Flash will be forever changed. Tom Cavanagh has definitely been one of the high points of the show. Both Arrow and Flash have that much in common: They have fantastic main villains. Sadly, they are so good you don't want to see them go. :( Although if they just bring Mark back for more Trickster fun at least once next season, that'll be just fine. [face_praying]

Penguinator and laurethiel1138 like this.