main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah, he told Oliver after the Amazo was fixed he was going to sail to Starling and kill everyone.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    GAIZ MIKE HAMMILTON FROM STAR WAR IS PLAYING THE JOKER IN FLASH!

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I must have forgot he said that, thanks for the reminder. :)

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The thing with Slade is that yes, he's 100% Oliver's fault. If Oliver hadn't run back to Shado, Slade would never have run after him and gotten burned up. If Oliver hadn't injected him with the mirakuru, Slade would have died. If Oliver hadn't lied about how Shado died, Slade might not have gone off the deep end (though admittedly, that's the less likely than the other situations.). So yeah even if Oliver had never come back to Starling, Slade was still planning to go there and get revenge. On the other hand, if Oliver had never gotten to the island, Slade would likely have died there after the missiles were launched.

Merlyn was a definite. No matter what Oliver did or didn't do, Merlyn was always going to destroy the city. But it was because of Oliver that Moira was guilted into confessing and saved as many people as she did. It was because of Oliver that Felicity was involved and guided Lance through deactivating one of the two machines, thereby reducing the full scale of the damage that could have happened. So Lance has some points, but he's definitely ignoring how many things would have happened without Oliver as well as how many tragedies were prevented/mitigated thanks to Ollie.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

Colors still look too muted for TV, but like the overall look with her in the costume. And the blond hair (presumably will be brunette as Linda Danvers?) looks good with this.

6. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    The photo is inside and probably taken with a phone. The autofocus also seems to be compensating for the light coming from the window to the right. Presumably, the majority of the scenes in costume will take place outside anyway.

Ender Sai likes this.
  7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  8. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
  9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    You can really tell that everyone is having fun doing these shows.

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Cosplaying as superheroes/villains while getting paid a pretty penny? What's not to love?

11. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    That's also why their facebook/twitter pages are so much fun to follow. Their interactions are amazing.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

The pro still photo they used was dark everything including background, hair, etc. This looks better; I was not being negative for once and yet still get pooped on. :p

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Because we can smell your desperation; desperation that this show fail.

[face_plain]

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

But... Flash! He saved every one of us!

15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    His power is running fast. People who are impressed by this apparently haven't heard of automobiles.

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Jabba-wocky, Formula 1 fan.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    RORY!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. Carry on.

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Except being able to run at the speed of sound and beyond is way cooler than maxing at out two hundred miles an hour. Plus, more fuel efficient and you get to time travel.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  19. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
  20. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I feel like when a TV character rents out an entire restaurant the character is like "Look at all my money!" but really its the producers saying "Look how much money I can save on extras!"

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I love Felicity, <paraphrase> "The personality of Barry and the body of Ollie." She's a little horn dog. And on the other end of the spectrum, Iris is annoying me as she's pretty petty and acting like a brat. Don't go out to dinner if you're going to act like that.

I had to figure out why the actress that played the bugged eyed baddie looked to familiar. It's "Beth" from The Walking Dead but made to look all grown up.

s65horsey likes this.
  22. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I actually like that Iris isn't taking any of the 'i'm lying for your own good' crap. See that too often in superhero shows that a supposedly smart character is thrown off the scent by something sappy like that. Glad to see she's calling Eddie, and by proxy, Barry and her dad, for lying to her as well.

Honestly I'm with Eddie, never understood why keeping Iris in the dark keeps her safe. Of course I've never understood that logic in any superhero show, not telling someone puts them in danger, telling them does nothing.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But, the explanation is that Eddie can't tell her things because he's a cop -- which is totally a true and valid explanation -- especially when they aren't married (which then covers her under spousal shield laws). I have no idea why they're writing Iris this way, as it does her and everyone else a disservice and makes little sense other than to have someone (and a woman POC at that) holding the Idiot Ball.

Having said that, the entire rest of the episode was awesome!

Darth_Invidious and s65horsey like this.
  24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Because telling them the truth puts them in danger far more than not telling them. If they know, that raises the number of people who know and sooner or later, Welles will find out. Barry, Eddie and Joe believe that by not telling her, she'd back off and stop worrying about it. Though here,
    this is setting up Eddie to become the Reverse Flash as he'd have every reason to turn on all of them, once Welles is killed and Eddie gains his powers. Yes, this is speculation, but I can see it happening.

25. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Except that's never the case. In every superhero show not telling someone has only put them in danger or hurt them. The lies either destroy them emotionally and drive them into the arms of villains, or the villains know the hero cares for them and goes after them regardless of if they know or not(but if they did know they could at least see those types of attacks coming rather than constantly wondering why they keep being targeted), and rather than accept the lies they just keep digging for the truth blindly and putting themselves in danger.

I've yet to see any superhero show or movie actually prove that knowing someone is a hero puts them in worse danger than not knowing. In every case it's only proven the reverse.

And Iris seems smart enough to know that it's not cop stuff Eddie can't legally talk about, she knows it's something he's deliberately keeping from her that he wants to tell her. She can see he's guilty about it. If it was just cop stuff he wouldn't be guilty, so she knows it's something personal.