main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Soooooooooooo.... not much happened this episode.

NOT!!!

Souderwan and ma_petite like this.
  3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I was surprised that we'd see them find
    Thawne's hidden room at the end and not in the following episode.

4. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Oliver survived without needing the Lazarus Pit. He survived because of his own will to survive and not give up. Thea didn't have that luxury.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

It's just mind-boggling that I think there are four episodes left. Not like one or two, but four. It's like Lex Luthor stealing forty cakes; that's like four tens and that's terrible!

I still think we need to have, based on the pre-"All Star Team Up" trailer (after "Tricksters"), Grodd, Oliver stopping by, and the throwdown(s) with Reverse-Flash. It gonna be cray-cray!

Souderwan likes this.
  6. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Dude. This show! I am loving it so much!

So I'm calling this whole show Flashpoint Paradox with a Twist.

Darth_Invidious and heels1785 like this.
  7. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I think Ra's is an amazing villain for this show, or any show, really. They've done a fantastic job at making him genuinely "get **** done" villainous once he's tired of playing games, and he's genuinely sympathetic and affable. Of course, I'm massively biased as he's my favourite Batman villain, bar none.

heels1785 likes this.
  8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    See, Oliver's survival has bugged me since the beginning of the second half of this season: it is complete bs. He was stabbed fatally twice in the torso, then pushed off a cliff. Last time I checked, Ollie didn't have a healing factor. So I don't know what crack the writers are smoking, but he should be pushing daisies, indomitable will notwithstanding. I was hoping his survival could've been assessed with a do in the Lazarus Pit (or at the very least, a sip of its waters), but the way the whole thing was handled is just...eh.

As an aside, I swear, this season has been a mixed bag in terms of pacing and it's only now, near the end, that it's picking up steam. But it seems like it has gone on forever and IMO it has made a successful case as to why shows like this should have shorter seasons.

9. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    No pretty sure he only survived because of Katana's magic herb water.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Mini-comic preview for the next episode. [Lewis Black]PANEL TWO PANEL TWO PANEL TWOOOOOOOOO!!![/Lewis Black]

[[​IMG]

Also, I'm still reiterating my prediction that Barry ends up in the future in the season finale (not based on this).

heels1785 likes this.
  11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    My prediction: Eddie Thawne, Eobard Thawne. I'm thinking, the latter (possibly) cannot exist without the former. Is the solution to the Reverse Flash situation a paradox: Eddie being removed (or removing himself) from the equation?

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    FINALLY!

SHE KNOWS!

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah. Mazel tov!

dp4m likes this.
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Next episode's name: "Grodd Lives"

I CAN'T EVEN!

Also, this episode was again awesome!

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    My, Gideon certainly was just dying to speak her mind apparently. The amount of info pouring out of her was overwhelming to the crew. Yet at the same time she raises more questions than answers. She's loyal to her creator above all...yet she's aiding the man that wants to kill said creator? Or given that Wells/Thawne was on to them from the get go (really, trying to pull a fast one on a psycho time traveler with all sorts of awesome tech at his disposal...they probably should've known better), was Gideon's spiel just another lie? Maybe Barry should consider that option, since the very personal insights into his future could prove to be very distracting...unless of course they are all in a causal nexus and that encounter in that moment was inevitable. And now head hurts. ******* temporal mechanics...

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Note that
    history is changing again. The byline originally read Evan Gibson and now reads Iris West-Allen and it refers to both Hawkgirl and Oliver Queen as now being Green Arrow.

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

Well, the answer to that is simple, the Flash/Arrow spinoff was greenlit halfway through this season, and furthermore the scripts for all 20 odd episodes aren't written in advance.

19. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I'd like to see that become a running gag. Like Barry gets really angry one day and in the background the paper changes to something about God-Emperor Barry Allen disappearing and Barry eats something and his mood improves and the headline goes back to normal.

20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Finally! The kid's gonna go. Slowest flashback storyline ever!

Awesome use of the Canary cry. Cisco's best invention yet!
    Speedy!
    And preview next week:
    Katana!!!!! With mask!!!

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Having missed the implication earlier, the Eddie/Wells connection featured here is interesting- especially because my impression over the last few episodes has been them setting up Eddie to become a villain. He's the one getting royally screwed over by everything Barry & co are doing, not to mention looking like an idiot (though the writers are more to blame there, he's still being setup as a fool even without breaking the 4th wall ;)). If anyone will have enough reasons to hate Barry, it will be Eddie.

22. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Oh man, the gut punch that was the opening lines to the show. What a great idea from the writers. I continue to love this show more than any other and eagerly await each week. It looks like next week we get Roy back too which will be a nice pick me up considering the destruction of Oliver's character that was done this week.

heels1785 likes this.
  23. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

Yep - and again, the show will somehow become all about Thea. :p

Actually, I'm going to suggest that as an alternative name for the series, All About Thea, the new hit family drama from the CW. :p

Darth_Invidious and heels1785 like this.
  24. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    :rolleyes: Heaven forbid a show spend some time focusing on a girl.

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

You mean like other fantastic characters such as Felicity, Laurel, and Nyssa, who were also in this episode? I have no problem with them spending time on female characters, I have a problem with them writing Thea like she's the centre of everyone's universe.