Read, PA Cyber-Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ok. Since it has been a bit tougher than I expected to get us together for a meeting, I had an idea. What are all of your thoughts on a Cyber-Meeting? We could create a Chat Room through AOL / AOL-IM & all meet at a designated day & time. [face_peace]

Thoughts? [face_thinking]

This might be something we can intertwine with 'regular' meetings. :cool:

So, let me know what you all think. I would be shooting to have the fisrt one on the first Sunday of the upcoming month.

P.S. Sorry for the confusion with the Threads. The Threads are being corrected by my Co-CR! (Thanks, Steph) =D=

P.P.S. Our Ausie bud still wants to meet up, so I want to plan something soon before time runs out. I'm also going to try & organize something with Philly FF, since I know Joe & them are always up for a party. [face_dancing]

Rob.
  2. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 7
    Ooo...I'm always up for a chat. I think this is a good idea to have something liket his between meetings. Count me in. :D
  3. Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Cool I'd be up for a cyber meeting cause I live far away from Reading.

And kinda off subject, the baltimore comicon is coming up this weekend of the 17th and 18th. Rebelspook and I are planning to attend. I know its a long drive but I thought I'd just let you know. There are a couple sw artists to attend like Adam Hughes.
  4. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Sorry for the long silence. Had some house 'to do' items to catch up on & just got a new landspeeder ;-) Lets try to get the RRS rolling again.

How is everyone on a Saturday 12 Midnight Cyber-Meeting?

Chime in, folks :)

Rob
  5. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 7
    I could probably do Saturday at midnight. However, I may be a bit late since I have to close at work Saturday night and we're open till 12.

*shakes fist at Friendly's for having insane hours*
  6. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    We might have to push this till next week. I don't think I gave enough time for all of RRS to check the Boards [face_thinking]

Why dont we say, next Saturday, 11/19 @ 1:00 AM? :confused:
  7. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Sorry for the long silence, fellow RRS-ers, RL has beat me up a bit and reminded me to get my house (new house, that is) in order.. [face_beatup]

However, tis a new year & I am very commited in getting RRS back up & running! (Just for the simple fact that I have such a commited CO-CR, who has fought this same fight for years before I got here =D= )

So, here we are again.. We need to start by getting meeting going on a regular basis. I still believe that for now, at least for the first few times, a Cyber-Meeting (Using an 'free' AOL-IM (non-aol users IM) Chat Room).. [face_thinking]

So, how bout next Friday, January 13th, at 12:00 AM Midnight?

Chime in and let me know.. We can change the date & time, I'm more concerned with getting a commitment..

I have a lot of ideas.. Online Star Wars PBEM (With a RRS Theme), Book of the Month Club, Online or Live Star Wars RPG.., a Movie Night, or just getting together to drink & talk, well..., Star Wars!!!

Lets get it going folks.. [-o| My 'plate' is as full as can be, but this group is importanat to me, well, basically, it makes me not think I'm such a nerd.. lol :-B

Actually, I tell everyone all the toys are for my kids [face_shhh] , lol
  8. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 7
    *sneaks in here*

Sorry, I've been quiet for some time in here as well... [face_blush]

Anyway, with my new school schedule, I have class late Friday afternoon so that means no work! :D And you know what that means - yup, I'm good to go for this meeting. ;)

I hope this works out for others as well.
  9. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    One down [face_dancing]

Come on RRS-ers! [-o|
  10. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    With some 'new blood', I'm going to leave the date open, but it will be a Friday, at 12:00 AM Midnight. I'd like to shoot for end of the moth or beginning of February.

Jump in and give us your thoughts, folks!

Rob
  11. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Come on folks, lets try to get a confirmation that some of you out there are interested in a cyber-meeting (reply to this post, even if you are not & would rather do a live meeting)..

Some things to think about for the Meeting... [face_thinking]

1. Live or Cyber-Meeting or Both, each month.

2. Star Wars Book-Of-The-Month Club

3. RRS: Reading Red Squadron or Reading Rogue Squadron

4. Star Wars Role Playing? (At Live Meetings)?

5. Online Star Wars (RRS) Email Writing Game (PBEM)

6. Costumes? 501st?

7. Future Conventions?

8. Online Website?

9. Hang-Out Sessions (Borders, Bars (for the over 18 crowd), Diners, etc..)

10. Movie Hang-Out (Maybe once a month or at least when good movies vome out).

So lets get it started, folks! A lot of fun things to do and talk about!

Rob
  12. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 7
    Well, I'm game for any Friday night. Just say the word and I'll be there.

As for the discussion topics, I think you pretty much have them down. ;)
  13. Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I never have nothing to do, so I'd be up for a cyber meeting, cause reading is a little out of my way. Friday nights or saturday nights are fine with me. And I'm willing to talk about anything.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.