main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC D&D Sunday night Active Member Only discussion thread for game play

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    This thread is open to only D&D Active Member game players listed below and invited guests who receive a PM directly from the Chapter Rep in an effort to limit discussions between players of the current campaign(s) and Dungeon Master. All other users are directed to the general discussion D&D thread listed below for open toipics on rules, game play, etc. DO NOT POST HERE WITHOUT PERMISSION

http://boards.theforce.net/salisbury_nc/b10797/29429315/p1/?158

Permission granted to:
    Active Members / invited guests of current game(s) at this time are listed by name or user name and are subject to changes as needed by the chapter rep.:

1. Dravidius
    2. Funshinespie
    3. Matthewuzimake
    4. DarthPahnix
    5. Zero_Fallen
    6. Dieabolic
    7. RipRoar
    8. J^2 -1's husband (He should know who he is)
    9. Slaveone28146
    9. Nolan

2. Dravidius

Dravidius Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2008
    Looking forward to running tonight.

3. matthewuzimake

matthewuzimake Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2008
    bamf game it was about time some one died lol jk jk love you mark hahaha

4. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    from now on we will be meeting on Saturdays. The store is open until 10pm so we will not feel the time crunch as badly, even when i am coming from work. Great game everyone sorry about your death ranger but thanks to those who contributed to the res fund. Rogue you are a tight wad, JK. Anyeways thanks a lot and see you saturday!!

5. matthewuzimake

Jun 12, 2008
    yes i am lol jk jk. ne way no more saterday meats so i will be good

6. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Me too!

Mark, J and I should also be there - like switch to saturdays! Anything that helps Ray too since he is hosting our game at his store. D&D has been great with all of you and yes that last adventure was harder but we pulled through and scored big. I'm having a blast with J^2 both in this game and other stuff we have done. Thank you.

7. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Questions:

1. Can I still trade or buy any rituals the old wizard may have from the inn (Actually he owes us for helping him)? We didn't have enough time to go back and do that on Sunday. Dalamar is very interested in adding to his spell/ritual book.
    2. I have several magic items according to my records - how many do I have to sell since I didn't participate in the group shopping trip last time? I have the potion of healing, +1 Goblin totem dagger, horn totem, wand +1 Ray of enfeeblement and a bag of holding.
    3. Can either the DM or Jeni send me a copy of the Rogue's, Wizard's and SwordMage's character sheet files for the beta builder so I can use them to level up properly and maintain for each from this point forward - this would save me time from having to start from scratch. I did the Wizard from scratch and could do the others but would like not to if possible.
    4. The beta builder was still cutting off the bottom of the skills but if you move the boxes around for a custom layout - they show up. Probably something with my printer margin settings or something.
    5. What snack's would people like this week so J^2 does not have to bring every week?

8. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    Answers:

1. We will take care of your ritual purchases first thing on Saturday. IF sparkles, I mean Jenni gets there before I do she can handle that. and can call me at work if she has any questions.

2. As for your magical items, don't count the Horn Totem, or the dagger. In fact you can erase them from your sheet if you wish, they won't be very good to you in the later adventures. As far as I am concerned you have the wand and the bag of holding. The only thing I need to check on is if you picked the Dagger up during the adventure or if you choose it as a treasure bundle. I don't think you choose it because you have chosen potions up until now. Potions do not count towards your total because they are consumables.

3.I believe those sheets are on Jenni's computer. I will get with her tomorrow and get them to you.

4.Sometime this week they will have an updated version of the Character Builder out for us, keep an eye out.

5.It is J2's sole joy in life to provide snacks for us! But if you people wish to extend her a modicum of mercy and reprieve then I will bring the drinks. It will probably be Coke Zero.

Check out the new group I made for us at my Facebook page.

9. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Awesome - yes I did pick that dagger up during the adventure (One of first ones).

See you Saturday w/ snacks in tow.

10. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    The new character generator is up on Wizards web site. it includes a lot of stuff from the Martial Powers book, including the new builds for the classes. It also includes the updates from Dragon magazine like the Barbarian class and the write up for the new races explored in that magazine like Minotaurs! Check it out if you can it is pretty cool.

11. matthewuzimake

Jun 12, 2008
    i dont think i want to i might create a new character lol

12. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    Rememeber ther is really no need to create a new character from scratch. You can retrain 1 feat skill power every level.

13. funshinespy

funshinespy Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2008
    Tonight was good...albeit a little easy. I think we could have done the harder encounter tonight and gotten away with it. Don't worry swordmage...I have a potion of healing and I might have been convinced to use it on you. ;)

We will be reporting the event tomorrow during the day sometime. So, check tomorrow night to see your characters updated stats.

I will miss you all over the next 2 weeks. Sniff. It makes me a little sad...and worried...will you all survive without me????!

Huggles,
    Prez Jenni of J^2

14. Maha_Panta

Maha_Panta Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2008
    Why does he need the potion?

Won't an extended rest take care of it?

What's up for two weeks? Is everything OK?

15. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    The game last night was awesome although we missed our resident Rogue. Maha - you can post here even though the rules above say only active members listed above can do so, so long as you follow all Salisbury FanForce's rules.

As to your questions - The swordmage took a lot of damage and needed help. Our Palladin helped just fine but the Warlock is just saying for next time she "May" help him since she has a potion of healing too. She's just teasing him - had to be there to understand. With the holiday's some people can't make it every week - that's all.

I hope you and Tim have a great Christmas as well - hopefully all of us move forward with the Christmas attitude in our hearts and actions. Watch the boards for upcoming D&D events that may be open to all.

EDITED: For multiple misspellings and clarifications so as not to offend

16. Maha_Panta

Maha_Panta Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2008
    OK, I had presumed that the tread was only for organizing the game. So I thought that after the game, this thread was open for discussion because a new one is made for each game. So I apologize for presuming that.

Yeah, our church has been having an Advent Mission where a priest from the Bronx has been teaching us the true Christmas meaning and attitude. I have been going twice a day to hear his message. It is not easy, but I am trying to learn the lessons like that the 5th commandment, "You shall not kill." extends to violence in deed or word against another.

Thank you for the clarification.

17. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Great!

DM - Our characters are now leveled up for next week to 3rd level (Swordmage and Wizard) and 2nd level respectfully (Rogue and Ranger). The Rogue should make it but the Ranger may not (Survival Training - ROTC). This may put us down 2 players this week. We are planning on the January event with higher level versions of our current characters which I will attempt to help each of my crew with this week. I'll talk more on the other board.

18. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    You guys didn't make level 3 yet, I don't think... Maybe you did. Anyways I hope to see you all later.

19. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    The sword mage and wizard did unless my math was wrong - I'll check again when I get home tonight - I believe we just made it by a 100 or so (Remember - he and I did not have to play the make up game - we are ahead of the rest).

20. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    I do recall something like that. just check the math and make sure, not that I don't trust you, just want to be sure. Level 3 would be 2,250xp.

21. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes we are 3rd level.

Encounters:
    1st = 400 xp (Flaming Fist - Balder's gate)
    2nd = 400 xp (Sisters - Westgate)
    3rd = 400 xp (Sextant - Waterdeep)
    4th = 740 xp (Horn Totem/skull - Loudwater)
    5th = 400 xp (Black Knight - Arabl)

Total = 2340 xp Swordmage and Wizard
    That's 90 more than 2250 - Yeah for us - 3rd Level!

Rogue = 1540 xp (2nd level)
    Ranger = 1140 xp (2nd level)
    Paladin = 1140 xp (2nd level)
    Warlock = ? Off the charts - See TIAMAT - JK - LOL

Ranger and Warlord will not be there saturday. Does Shane or Ray want to play a new character for fill-in?

22. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    Thanks Rip, I just couldn't remember. I had forgotten that you two have not missed a game. Gratz on level three. Maybe you guys should hit the High level versions of the game this sat. two level three characters and two level two characters.

23. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Thanks - yes - maybe we can try the higher level this time. I wonder if Shane or Ray would want to play a new character that night to help us out? If not - we will manage (Or our DM will kill us off.. like the podcast - maybe we too can wake up after assuming death still going).

24. funshinespy

funshinespy Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2008
    Randy....cough....Dalamar,
    Check your facebook man! LOL! I have a question for you about tonight. You should also provide your DM with your phone number...maybe you have and he has lost it...I dunno.

Anywho...I am getting ready to leave for Florida and I will miss you all...again. I will miss out on two games this time!! (I think there will be another make up game after New Years sometime...and maybe those who are way ahead of the rest of us should sit out...so they don't STAY so far ahead of the rest of us. LOL!)

Nothing but love guys!!!!
    Pres. Jenni
    aka J^2

25. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    I put this on our facebook group, but i will put it here as well: Can Someone give your Dm a ride to the store on Saturday? My wife is going out of town and won't be back until after we start. If so hit me up on Facebook, here or at my email. Thanks a lot. Have fun in Fl. Jenni.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.