main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC D&D

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, May 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Seeing how many people like the RPG. Are there any out there that would want to join a D&D RPG? if I can get enuff people I will put together the game. Let me know. I would also consider starting a Rifts RPG for those more SCIFI than Fantasy

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Me and Ken are both WAAAAY overbooked on games (he DMs 2 and plays in 2 more and I play in 3!) but who knows.....

3. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    E I figured you guys wouldn't be able to.I'm hopeing to pick those on your waiting list till your spots open up :D

4. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Tim, if there are more people intersted in the D&D group than Star Wars and you are willing to run it I'd be happy to play :D I just wouldn't want to DM it is all.

5. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Well I've got 3 confirmed with another 2 interested. Jon has the 2nd edition books, so if the group would rather use 2nd edition that is fine with me

EDIT ok we have a small group starting.

For those that want to come please send me an email at CPLKAV@yahoo.com
    please include which is a better date for you:
    12 jun or 26 jun
    and your fav character class. if you don't have one it's ok

6. Isildur_42

Isildur_42 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    12 June
    Human Mage

7. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Previous engagement on June 12th. Out of town on June 26th. But when I do get the chance to make it...

Human fighter or human thief whichever is needed most.

8. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    ok so 1 vote the 12th, 1 vote for either and 1 bote for neither

Jon when you bring to DM guide to the Shannon Signing, I need the Monster Manual too because the third edition monster manual's monsters are tougher than the 2nd edition

9. Isildur_42

Sep 7, 2002
    Will do, not sure I have the MM, but will check, have the players and the dm guide for sure and a few expansion books (Dragon PCs for instance)

10. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Well if you don't have it not a problem. I will make adjustments to the 3rd edition manual

11. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Tim, check on line - from what i understand, there's a whole lot of 2d D&D source books that have been scanned and can be downloaded.

And hey, Ken and I may make guest appearances from time to time if that's ok.

12. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Thanks E. you guys are always welcome.

I've been looking into a 8 adventure series design to take characters from level 1 thru level 18. the reviewer said that you need at least 4 player or your toast. he also suggested a Cleric before the end and if you are working as a group by book 5, then you are screwed. it should be fun. I've got the first two on the way. if they play well and everyone likes them I will get the rest.

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Unless there will be no fighting, you need a cleric, I don't care what kind of adventure it is!! (I suppose a non-fighting one might not need one but what's the point of that?) We actually have a small model of a fountain (of healing) to represent the cleric when the player can't make it.

And I'll ask Ken if he knows where to find that D&D stuff on line.

14. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Well E I think he meant for the fact that book 5 focuses on a Vampire King. lot's of undead and the like

15. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I love the D&D universe, but all of my D&D playing is done on my PC these days, with Neverwinter Nights! :D

But that owes a lot to the fact that I have an ongoing Neverwinter Nights project that I've been working on for quite some time. To see it, visit the link below:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=63223
    :)

P.S. I HATE the stupid limitations this forum software imposes on URL links! On any other messageboard, I could've specified the text on that clickable link! But because the URL has a "=" in the middle of it, the JCC Forums won't make it a workable link if I try to specify the text! :mad:

16. Isildur_42

Sep 7, 2002
    Tim, I just realized that the DCSWCC meeting is that saturday, when were you planning on starting the session? Also, I'd be willing to give 3rd edition a chance if you have all the books already, I basically already know the d20 system from wotc's swrpg, so it won't be hard to throw a char together...let me know, that's next weekend.

17. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Ok, so I got the books in for the first 3 adventures. we need atleast 4 people for these. you can have more, but no less than four.

As the 12th is the DCSWCC meeting and I'm not going to Mi the weekend of the 19th. How is the 19th for people???

The mission is "The Sunless Citidal"

18. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Ah, the Sunless Citadel...... The first game I ever played was in there.

19. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Was it a third edition book?? if so don't give away the secrets :p

20. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    It was indeed 3rd edition. I will only give away secrets to those who pay really well! ;)

21. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    OK so I've got 1 confirmed for the 19th. 3 slots left open

E, have you done "The Forge of Fury"??? the secrets in the Sunless Citidal arn't as big as the Forge

22. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    The only names of modules I can remember are the Sunless Citadel and the Dungeon of Death (it lived up to it's name). That doesn't mean we didn't play in the others, I just don't know what they were called. My D&D dm probably uses modules about 50% of the time so we've used a few over the last four years.

23. Isildur_42

Sep 7, 2002
    The 19th is fine here, any special rules on rolling up characters? Also, what time is the session going to be?

24. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I was hopeing to start around 2 because of have to create character. we can order pizza type thing for dinner.

We got 2 confirmed and waiting to hear back from 3 others

25. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    Hey, I might like to be involved, but it'll be later because I can't come on the 19th; I'll be in Minneapolis... But I'll maybe tag along in the future! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.