Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey guys... I've been missing D&D a lot here lately and was wondering if maybe there was a way we could work out on the boards or other alternate ways to do it in a relay sense that you could suggest.
  2. freako104 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I dont know that it has D/D itself but

RPOL is a site for it. I think someone on these boards was going to run an Star Wars D20 campaign, though that isnt D/D it is still gaming.
  3. Lodreh Jedi Master

star 4
    D&D by mail / e-mail or message boards is doable but hard to remain committed to. I would suggest trying to work in a regular game around a set schedule. That's my plan after the wedding... though as they say the Devil's in the details.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  4. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hmmm well I've also got more legal stuff possibly going on and so I hope to figure it out soon I miss D&D hehe.
  5. Shindo_the_Stricken Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hmm....well fellas.
    I'm not sure if even the great Shindo has an answer to this....all I can say is that when I get back, we WILL get a game together. We just have to. I mean, old times man.

Lodreh, you gave me some of the coolest memories as Galvas.*Cue the harps followed by a barrage of power metal guitar solos*
    And I know everyone's lives are swamped and it's hard..................but never forget who we really are.
    We MUST play again.
  6. AlexanderElessidil Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hmmm sounds like a good way to introduce Alexander Elessidil, watcha think Shindo :D
  7. ForceTheologian Jedi Master

star 2
    Man, I miss playin D&D. Has anyone checked out the Player's Handbook II? I got it, but I sent it over to a friend's house who puts my books to more frequint use. You should see the collection, Kaz. It's flippin' awesome. I would still love to play an Epic campaign with Regna, Pride, and GoatBoy.
  8. Lodreh Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds cool... I'm planning on putting a d20 checklist up on my site later this summer... though the best laid plans...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  9. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    oooh a good d20 checklist maybe broken up in 3.0 and 3.5 ruleset section too would be great so i know what i need to get hehe.
  10. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    HAH just had an idea that is probably not very feasable but here we go... TEXT MESSAGE D&D~!~!
  11. Shindo_the_Stricken Jedi Youngling

star 1
    We can really get this into Motion-you and Jim had some good stuff goin on...we could go from that here and there on the weekends we can get free from our obligations.
    This Saturday I'll have duty, and I'm thinking, if I dont have a watch, I MIGHT drive home....I aint sure yet...and then next Sun. I have it, then Monday, and so forth....
  12. AlexanderElessidil Jedi Youngling

star 1
    SHindos my ride so Ill figure out something with him when it comes up.
  13. Mordtat Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would love to see what becomes of Durgen Skullbreaker in an epic game.
  14. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well it seems that the next few weekends are fragged for me... starting 8/21 i have court all week and possibly longer....
  15. Lodreh Jedi Master

star 4
    That's easy a pile of ash ;) Seriously though, if/when I run an Epic game then it will be difficult... I make no illusions about it... if you warrant a confrontation with Gods be warned... they are not to be trifled with... I heard about Sgain... yeah that kind of crap would never fly. The moment you insult a greater deity your character sheet is ripped in two... you never existed... all of your party's memories are altered to believe they beat each and every encounter on their own merit without your aid... any life long friends feel as though their childhood was lonely or uneventful... if you have any family they believe your mother had a miscarriage but such is the price for mettling with Gods.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  16. Shindo_the_Stricken Jedi Youngling

star 1
    And to that, a response comes forth from the alter ego, one of the many,....
    The Great Galvas Einlander.
    *clears throat*

"You speak a mean game....
    But meddling with Gods affairs--you make it sound like it's a bad thing to do. Why else are they there?? Of course, I love my Bahamut with all my heart and would die for him...
    But I have meddled with the Gods--and yet I stand here before you.
    My companion Dergen meddled with them as well and yet he remained.
    So you see.........it can be done.
    Your name just has to be Galvas or Dergen, hahahaha!"
    *Hops on the Pegasus he so much has a strange relationship with and flies off towards Faerun*
  17. Shindo_the_Stricken Jedi Youngling

star 1
    And this weekend looks like a go for me to come down, but I have Duty muster Sunday so I'd have to leave Sat. night....but I could leave early Fri. afternoon and have a bit--maybe a few of us can get together?? Lodreh I would really like to see you my friend. It's been too long and I havent yet been physically able to congradulate you yet ^_^
  18. Sith_Sgian Jedi Youngling

Thats fine holder, if you dont want to deal with that, that is your choice. As for what my character does in another campaign, leave that to the DM running that campaign. It was allowed, therefore it happened. But let me ask you a question. Why do things out of game to a character when things should be left in game. Sgian did what he wanted to do. He felt confident in his powers and he fell in love with his Goddess... Its twisted... but then again look at everything he did do... everthing he did was sick and twisted and wouldnt have gone in your campaign but it was Chris' campaign... Why instead of just outright killing him and ripping up a character sheet dont you send Janus after him?? I mean Janus from what I hear is godly and probably could take a god out... And are you telling me that if Durgen wanted to he couldnt fight a god and kill it?
  19. Shindo_the_Stricken Jedi Youngling

star 1
    He and Galvas BOTH fought against Gods, holy crap.
  20. Mordtat Jedi Knight

star 3
    The name is Durgen... don't piss me off. You wouldn't like me when I am angry.
  21. Mordtat Jedi Knight

star 3
    The problem with Durgen killing a god is the fact he is still at the begining stages of being an epic level character. Also, the only things he had that were killer was his Axe and two inmovable rods. There would be a lot of work for him to get to that point. However, the stories of Durgen are legend. I could see Durgen being able to gather a large enough following for Demi-god hood.
  22. Shindo_the_Stricken Jedi Youngling

star 1
    And if Galvas slept with the right people, oh yeah he'd be sheer ultra bad ass. But before he was just a mega bad ass.
    Let us not forget who went toe to toe with Janus(even though it was in the earlier part of the campaign and it was a sparring match hehe), Havoc(who was a God that took human form), and the bastard Vlad himself. If he did all that even before going epic, just imagine..........
    Round level 40 or so, dude would be horribly bad ass...one smite from one of his swords could damn near kill a Balor-OH I SAID IT!
    Calculating that incredible extra smiting damage(thank you feats), and the fact that he had holy weapons and the critical multiplier...come now, the man was a beast.
    Besides Durgen ya know.
  23. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Allow me to tacticly interject here...

On dieties lets work in order of characters mentioned...

Sgian: Godhood was awarded easily in the end of the campaign followed by the primary retiring of the character. Key Item 'Magelin Gloves', they were comprable to Durgen's axe obscenely powerful. The idea that when (according to the storyline) the campaign ended Sgian just walked up to Baccob (I think it was) and just "smacked her" and she ran. Lvl 21 (or 28) wizy and 10 shadow dancer. Sick combo, well played, and allowed for the ability to stand against the lords of hell.

Durgen: Strong character, well played. GODLY AXE... no other gear. Axe could deal 6k dmg I hear??? WTH Gods don't even break 1k hardly and he's not already a threat to them? I guess when you think about them being immune to slashing/piercing/blah/blah/blah... only take bludgeoning damage and unarmed damage. Can't say much else on this guy, never played against him but does seem under-geared in some ways but strong story.

Galvase: ... Rice cakes??? or what ever the hell his fetish was??? pies maybe??? donkeys... who can remember... I only know Galvase from the little he was involved in other campaigns so I can't say anything on him other than... FALLEN PALADIN~!~!

Kazuma: In and out of demi god 2 times. HIGH level character effective of over 60. Highly geared, no defining item instead chose to have a small arsenal and to be a leader of armies and kingdoms (late in story). Worshiped Athena and was later adopted by and at the end of the campaign became her avatar. (dieties and demigods explains the ascencion process) Perhaps, I'll even admit, over power in some ways but has the 40+ hrs a week for about a year and a half of play to explain what he's been through to earn his stripes.

Janus: (sp? please forgive if wrong) LVL:?? story:?? class: psionic/??/?? a god?: yes by all account how he is unstoppable and the dieties and demigods never conquer how the gods would do against psionic damage he could be the biggest threat of them all. If you think back dieties have a MINIMALISTIC view on material plane interventions. They kinda like to sit back with their popcorn and watch the show.

Summary: Dietics by definition are easy to attain in low levels and come and go with the tide. By definition it takes only a couple hundred followers to reach dietic rank of 0 (I think according to wizards only 100 to be exact) and then the rest is determined by subsequent levels of followers. Also not all gods have the ability "Alter reality" which would give them the ability to wipe ALL of the worlds minds and of all the other planes of said character and not to mention effecting the will of the other gods too. One god cannot act strongly with out another acting either with or against them. So with that it can be rather easy for a character to temporarily gain low dietic ranks but as time fades so does their rank unless the continue to seek out followers. For instance if Pan was to try to alter the world to erase one of Hades followers from existance Hades would either stop him or take several followers from Pan out of existence and so forth.
  24. Lodreh Jedi Master

star 4
    Jim, I thought it was quite clear that I said it would not fly in MY game... I don't care what happens in other games... I was just illustrating a point about what to expect in an Epic Level game if I were to run it.
    Again this is quite clearly an in game solution... the God you just insulted would erase you from existance... since you no longer exist their is no death... hence no resurrection... therefore nothing to do with a character sheet... ripping the sheet into pieces is just a way of saying roll a new character.
    As I stated above that's all fine and dandy but not in a game I would run.
    First of all Janus is a character that I played for over a year and a half... we met about three times a week (every week) six to eight hours each gaming. He did become a demi-god and was extraordinarily resourceful. He traveled to various planes and had dealings with Elminster, Mordenkainen and even Strahd but he never tangled with Gods. His power was vast and he had a cult following but he was not stupid. He only showed his true power in secret and only to those whom he later killed. Legends surrounded the character grew as his reputation grew... Durgen if he went "toe-to-toe" with a God at this moment would meet a very stick end... the same with Galvas... they have accomplished amazing things but fighting Gods is still a long way down the road. Havoc lost a lot of power to take human form again... Vlad was powerful but no where near God-like... the Janus you encountered was a very watered down version of what he truly was.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  25. Shindo_the_Stricken Jedi Youngling

star 1
    But all of you can go have intercourse with an overweight Siren because we all know SHINDO IS THE MAAAASTERRRRR!

An ordinary man-NO.
    A God-Oh Hell no.

He was--an incredible force, built from the ground up. A lowly samurai scouter in the Emperor's Clan of the Dragon....
    I played him under my cousin Curry for almost a good year.
    That guy went through like, every Hell you could think of.
    He was impaled with drills and magic infused rods and spikes...set upon a metal wall hanging there suffering, wishing to leave the world...
    But his allies saved him...and through the horrible things the Wizards that captured him did, they left their mark on him--that Symbol of Death, the symbol that they thought would never be used against them, but in the end they were all consumed by what they had made--Shindo's perception of revenge is always to the peak.
    He rose above and exposed the corrupt Emperor's ways...
    And through the heated final showdown, Shindo won--bloodies and cut to ribbons, he declared himself the new Emperor.......
    The people gladly accepted him--not only had he proven himself the strongest...he had love for his people. This is what drove him inside, not only the madness to keep on living, but his love for his Krista.
    Through his days he forged a mighty clan...
    "-Had two twin daughters, and a son.
    -Later in life, it was said that he travelled to the City of Union-unable to return to the world he came from; separated from his loved ones."

So you see, we all have our validations...we can bicker back and forth, or we can all say that each of our characters shine in their own unique way--and since they were ran by different DM's, compatibility would be near impossible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.