main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC D-Day: 70 years later

Discussion in 'Community' started by darth_mccartney, Jun 6, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I see this thread is going to turn into a "Which nation was more badass 70 years ago?" fight.

Popping some popcorn. This should be fun.

2. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Only Dave has brought the a-game so far.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    "Oh, you English are so superior, aren't you? Well, would you like to know what you'd be without us, the good ol' U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest ******* province in the Russian Empire, that's what! So don't call me stupid, lady. Just thank me. If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking GERMAN, Singing 'Deutschland, Deutschland über alles...'"

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Well, we'd also have the proliferation of Industrial music. That wouldn't be so bad...

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  5. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Bah, that's assuming that Einsturzende Neubauten wasn't just a copy of Throbbing Gristle, or that Wax Trax and Nettwork wouldn't have thrived like they did in the US and Canada respectively. I guess there was Kraftwerk, but they were more electronic and inspiration for those like Joy Division/New Order than any industrial bands.

In short I'd put my faith in cEvin Key, because Skinny Puppy was awesome, and he's a US transplanted Canadian.

6. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Tangerine Dream? Jean-Michel Jarre?

7. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Both French, and would have been steamrolled over in dp's/Vivec's hypothetical, or at least would have switched to accordion-based polkas. Besides, they could be categorized as new age, whatever. Certainly not industrial.

8. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh, I didn't read it properly. I thought it was about what would have been lost.