main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

D-Day

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by F16WarBird, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Today is the 61st anniversary of "Operation Overlord" on the Normandy beaches, or "D-Day". Please take a moment to remember the Allied forces that jumped from C-47's over St. Marie Elglise & Peagus Bridge, and waded ashore from landing craft onto beaches named Sword, Gold, Juno, Omaha & Utah 61 years ago this morning.

http://www.dday.org/

Thank you to all of the veteran's from "the greatest generation".

Valor, Fidelity, and Sacrifice!

=D=

"Complete unity prevails throughout the Allied Armies. There is a brotherhood of arms between us and our friends of the United States." Sir Winston Churchill

2. Dickie

Dickie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    Hear hear.

Forget where the world is going, let us remember yesterday, take inspiration today and change tomorrow.

3. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    "It will be a day long remembered"

And it was.

My thoughts are out with the friends and family of these great people involved in the events.

4. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Good on the men who fought for our freedom and may they Rest in Peace...If they didnt fight we may be under a completely different regime and probably will of not existed as we are...and there would be no star wars... God rest their souls...

5. Baza

Baza Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    We should all remember those brave men who gave their lives for our freedom. We owe them our country, our livelihoods and our democracy.

May we never forget

6. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Here, here!

Although, my Grandfather didn't take part in it...He was at Arnhem during Operation Market Garden...Or as he calls it, "Operation One-Big-****-Up!" - portrayed in the film, A Bridge Too Far, we should still remember what was probably the most important operation in the history of warfare...D-Day. Or as I like to think of it, "The day we gave the finger to the Germans!"

7. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    My grand dads were in Italy for D-day, as that was where the Sherwood Foresters were, but I ALWAYS havea car sticker saying thank you and any one who doesnt even know what D-day is should be roasted slowly over a small fire.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag]

May we remember those who died for freedom

9. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    dont we have any british or canadian flags ? I bet not.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Nope, but we can find some:

[image=http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_SM/0028-0408-1400-1121_SM.jpg]

[image=http://www.moviepostershop.com/item_lrg/sce241.jpg]

11. Baza

Baza Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    Which beaches did the Brits land on? America was Omaha and that's about all I know.

12. Dickie

Dickie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    I can't help but think, should many of the people who gave their lives in both world wars, and many others could see what we were doing with what they gave the ultimate sacrifice for, what would they think?

13. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    If memory serves, it was the Americans that landed at Utah and Omaha, and the British at Sword and Juno, and the Canadians at Gold Beach. It's something like that - they are definetly the five beaches, but I can't quite remember of the top of my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.