main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive D U N E - Chronicles of the Imperium

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by BobaMatt, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Harad "Amad Tasguen" Ginaz
    Groundcar, En Route to Wallach Embassy, Kaitain

His master was correct. There were none of the usual indicators of a trap related to opening the envelope itself, in addition to the lack of interior distinguishing features and no abnormalities in the weight. For all intents and purposes, the letter struck Amad as completely clean.

"Well, master, the only other thing I can think of would be if the would-be assailants hid something either on or covered by the paper itself. Although I will admit it seems unlikely."

[hr]
    [i][color=green][b]IC: Dr. Daniel Robesper II[/b]
    Private Quarters, Wallach Embassy, Kaitain[/i][/color]
    [hr]
    Dr. Robesper put his baliset back down and went over to console his clearly distraught friend. Brothers in the Mahayana Christian tradition were supposed to meet all challenges, no matter how pressing, with a calm grin and calm mind. So to say this was perturbing the Suk would have been a grave understatement. Nonetheless, he was still a doctor, and if someone was sick, he had to act.

"Calm down, Brother, calm down. All suffer at times, the Buddhissiah himself taught this. You are not alone." He gave his friend a gentle pat of understanding. "Now, what precisely seems to be the problem? I assure you I will do all I can to alleviate whatever ails you."

[b]TAG: Matt[/b]

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: It seems "water in the erg" has become a pretty popular saying around here, Saint.

IC: Swordmaster Aloysius Brenner, groundcar in transit, Corinth City, Kaitain

"Quite right, m'boy," the swordmaster chuckled, "now, open a window, because you can never be too safe." Brenner hooked a thumb under the flap of the envelope and, with a delicacy unbecoming of a man of his gruff demeanor. The letter opened without fanfare, and he shook out a note scribbled on the most delicate papyrus. The hand was unfamiliar.

Watch the boys. Kanly plays both ways.

-Hawat

A 'thopter flew low overhead. Aloysius tossed the note to his apprentice and rubbed his chin. "Perhaps we should comm the Baron?"

[b][color=green]IC: Brother Baruhapa, Dr. Robesper's quarters, Wallach Embassy, Kaitain[/color][/b]

[blockquote]"What ails [i]me?"[/i] The monk vigorously shook his head. "I swore, upon entering the Order, not to harm any...as did you, with the Suk School..." He stood, began to pace, his mouth working, groping for words, ever so often coming up with the way to express himself.

"It was in an alley. I sat, and I prayed, and I was on my own and...I loved the Atreides, Daniel, they treated me well, they treated the entire flock well...the two soldiers came, drinking...one in Fenring livery...one wearing the colors of the vile, brutish [i]Harkonnen pigs[/i]...Lord forgive me...Caladan was my [i]home,[/i] Daniel...and I picked up the pipe...and...they were sloppy with drink..." he collapsed to his knees, clinging to Daniel's clothes, "Please come with me, Daniel! Doctor! God has put you here to fix the harm I have done!" He buried his face in the cloth and sobbed with terror.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Ramza[/b]

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Count Hasimir Fenring
    Arrakeen Spaceport

The spaceport was busy, as was expected. Being a noble, Fenring was blissfully free from the hustle and bustle of the civilian docks; being the Emperor's eyes and ears netted even greater benefits. The Count was quickly shown to a shuttle, as none dared risk a glare from his dark eyes. As he sat in his shuttle, taking off for the nearest awaiting heighliner, Fenring silently removed his cloak. Hidden in the hem was a band of shigawire, which Fenring removed delicately. Sharpened on either side, it was deadlier than any garrote he'd used in the past. From his side, he removed the lone visible weapon on his person, a short knife, not as long as a kindjal, but long enough for a master assassin such as himself.

The assassin's handbook...so closed-minded! Fenring smiled, rolling his sleeves up and checking his dart launchers. He pulled out the darts gingerly, laying them next to his cloak. The poison was swift-acting, and carelessness would widow his darling Margot. He checked the tension on the triggers, jerking his wrists back and hearing the faint click of the launcher acting. Perfect, he thought, pleased at the performance. Trial runs were one thing, though, and he'd far prefer to test them on an actual subject, but alas, Rabban hadn't tried his patience too much.

Last but not least was the hidden slip-tip: a poisoned blade that Fenring kept close to his body at all times. Currently, he kept it in a hidden sheath in his boot. The poison was still strong, and he didn't dare test, instead balancing it lightly on his fingers. Fenring's tongue darted across his lips, and a smile formed slowly. Arrakis was no place for such finely tuned tools of death; Kaitain would be a welcome change.

Fenring carefully replaced his arsenal. Margot, hm-m-m, perhaps we shall have a spare moment later...

Tag: BobaMatt

4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

Only barely noting the sound of the 'Thopter overhead, Amad grabbed the note in midair, quickly absorbing the words on the page. "Watch the boys... Kanly...?" he read aloud. The message was as cryptic as any of the other puzzles he had faced that day, and for the life of him he couldn't figure out what it meant.

"Over a secure channel, perhaps, Master," he replied, still looking at the words on the page. "But isn't Hawat the name of the Harkonnen Mentat? Why would he write to us...?" Then a thought occurred to him. "What if it's a ploy of some sort? They want us to call it in, as part of some... I dunno, Mentat scheme? Wouldn't we just be playing into their hands?"

[hr]
    [color=green][i][b]IC: Dr. Daniel Robesper II[/b]
    Private Quarters, Wallach Embassy, Kaitain[/i][/color]
    [hr]
    Dr. Robesper was unable to contain his own shock, and ended up staring, wide-eyed, at his longtime friend. "You... you mean you...?" He felt his Suk training beginning to take over, overtaking his revulsion of violence with a sense of duty.

"Buddhissiah preserve us!" he muttered, grasping the monk by both shoulders. "Brother, I know this is very difficult for you, but you've got to tell me where they are. Are they still alive?! I can help them, really, just [i]tell me where they are[/i]!" He wondered if he seemed desperate, but he had to help these men, if only to ease the burden on Baruhapa's soul. No man deserved to have that weight on his shoulders. No man.

5. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Feyd-Rautha

Feyd studied the prisoners. They were all worthy opponents, and they all were deserving of death. All he had to do was decide which one he wanted.

Feyd walked in front of the woman, and examined her. "She geing a Bene Gesserit may make her a nice opponent. But what would be said about the glorious Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen defeating a woman in the dueling ring? Not her, take her away." He motioned for the guard to take her way.

Feyd went to the second one, and examined him with a careful eye. "This one isn't quite what I had in mind. Hes big and strong I'll give him that. But he just isn't built for the rings. Not him either."

Feyd stepped away from him, and in front of the third man. "This man doesn't seem like he is aware what is going on." He said waving his hand through the trying to get the mans attention. "He doesn't even notice I'm here. It wouldn't be much of a fight. So I will have to pass on him too." Feyd waved him away, and went on to the last.

Feyd stared into the blue within blue eyes of the last man. Feyd was momentarily taken aback by the hatred in the mans eyes. "This one doesn't seem to like me very much." Feyd commented. "He looks like he is still strong. And if the rumors are correct the Fremen are skilled with a blade. He may be the opponent I'm looking for." Feyd studied him for a moment longer, and made his decision. "Thufir, I have decided that this will be the one to face me in the dueling ring." Feyd said pointing to the man.

Tag: Matt.

6. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Aloysius Brenner
    Groundcar, streets of Corinth, Kaitain

"Hawat served the Atreides his entire life," Brenner nodded, indicating the hawk seal on the envelope. "Yes. A secure channel. But you're still in training. Why don't you give him a call?"

[b][color=green]IC: Brother Baruhapa
    [i]Empty storeroom, streets of Corinth, Kaitain[/i][/color][/b]

[blockquote]It had been breakneck drive to the back alley. The two soldiers lay on the ground, dying, in the empty former restaurant storeroom. Their blood comingled on the slick floor, swilling down the drain in the center of the floor which had been accustomed to moisture and spills, but not this. One of the medical staff had offered to accompany Robesper, but he had refused, instead packing all of his supplies.

The two soldiers lay beneath blankets, provided by the monk, no doubt. One of them was shivering, the Fenring soldier that Baruhapa had brained. He lay on his side, so that his wound would not be in contact with the floor. The Harkonnen lay barely breathing, he neck at an unnatural angle.

"I...I did not want to move them..." Was all Baruhapa was able to say.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Ramza

[color=blue]IC: Thufir Hawat
    [i]Imperial Prison, Kaitain[/i][/color][/b]

[blockquote]"Very well, m'lord," Hawat smirked. He signaled to the jailer, who came forward and roughly grabbed the blue-eyed savage, who did not resist and, though jostled and dragged away, never took his eyes off Feyd.

"Well then, let us return. Your uncle will be waiting."[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Mister_Master[/b]

7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Reverend Mother Kaythrine

Sietch Ma'kkah, Arrakis

Kaythrine listened silently, as Dena had always known her to; the one thing about the Reverend Mother was that she knew the precious value of silent thought.

After a long moment, the Reverend Mother turned and moved across to the spicecloth mat in one corner of the room, sitting down with legs crossed at the top of its mandala design. "Have the Fedaykin step in, and arrange a coffee service to be sent to us, Dena. Other than those two things, I have no other tasks for you; depart for your mission with Rees with all speed."

TAG: Ktala, Darth_Sadis, BobaMatt?

OOC: Guys, feel free to speed this up to reaching a point about three kilometres from the Harkonnens' current position. I'd love to see an IC piece about riding a sandworm, but you can assume, Ichwan Bedwine that you are, that you successfuly call and ride a sandworm to make the seven thumper trip... :)

Boba, if you want to RP out the Talian-Kaythrine meeting, I'd be happy to accommodate you... ;)

[b][color=blue]Vladimir Harkonnen[/b][/color]

[i]Fenring Residence, Corinth, Kaitain[/i]

The Baron waited for several moments as his six guardsmen scanned the area before alighting from the groundcar. His great mass shifted with him onto the plascrete footpath, though thankfully he didn't have far to go; the way Count Fenring's house was built required some short distance to be travelled on foot, under the gaze of several windows.
    [i]Just like the Count to build his house that way,[/i] thought the Baron. The Emperor's summer house on Tannhauser was meant to be designed in a similar way; unsurprising, really, given their long association.

The Baron wished he could have sent a messenger, but some things had to be done in person; even in the midst of the final preparations for the party. No matter; he would hopefully only be here for a few minutes, and the celebration was not a far distance away.

The Baron moved across the short distance to the entrance hall, the guardsmen respectfully opening the door ahead of him. He'd sent word he was coming, of course, and to his knowledge the Lady Margot Fenring had no other particular engagements at the moment. Count Fenring, of course, was offworld -- on Arrakis, of all places. But Margot and Hasimir were like that old myth of the two-faced god; even the Baron had difficulty at times determining one from the other.

[b]TAG: BobaMatt, Penguinator-176[/b]

(I wasn't sure which of you guys wanted to run the Lady, so...)

8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: Housekeeping
    Yes. This. [face_batting]
    You're on. Should prove interesting. Also, don't forget about The_Loyal_Imperial.
    Peng. Should keep him occupied until the Count gets to the planet.

Ktala, I hope you don't mind if we just assume you can send me in perfectly alright...

[b][color=purple]IC: Faraz Talian
    [i]The sayyadina's quarters, Sietch Ma'kkah[/i][/color][/b]

[blockquote]Faraz ducked under the hangings separating the inner sanctum of Sietch Ma'kkah's Sayyadina Kaythrine from the rest Sietch. It was ornate, but tastefully so. After all, a Reverend Mother of the Fremen was entitled to certain privileges and luxuries. The air smelled of spice and incense. She sat, blue-in-blue eyes clear and young, full of life in her withering face. She seemed kind and wise, but not one to be trifled with.

Faraz bowed. "God bless your water, Holy One. I hope that this will not offend the Naib." The statement was a measured one: the exact nature of the power dynamic here was unsure. Faraz had no intelligence on the relationship between Samel and RM Kaythrine, and Ma'kkah being what it was, he did not know the Sayyadina's sympathies lied where Mahdi was concerned. He maintained his bow, waiting for permission to rise.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Saint[/b]

9. Darth_Sadis

Darth_Sadis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    OOC: I'll move it along then, with the Reverend Mother's blessing ;)

IC: Rees, the bled surrounding Ma'kkah

Rees restrained the urge to remove his mouth filter and take a deep breath of the moisture-stealing air. The Sietch was the residence of the Ichwan Bedwine, but here on the open desert, under the burning sun, was where a Fremen was truly at home.
    He stepped carefully over the sand, avoiding pockets of drumsand and mimicking the natural sounds of the desert as he unstrapped his thumper and planted it into the sand.
    The cinnamon pang to the air indicated the presence of nearby spice, something that he would have to report to Sammel upon his return. Spice attracted attention, and Ma'kkah abhorred attention.

"Well Sayyadina, what do you think of the stranger's message? Is this Muad'Dib the Mahdi we have prayed for?" He pushed a small mound of sand around the thumper's base to increase its stability. A fallen thumper could often send a Maker turning towards you. He leaned against it for a moment, eager to have his curiosities placated before summoning the Maker.

"And was he, as I expect, of the Fedaykin?"

TAG: Ktala

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

"Very well, Master," Amad replied, as he turned to the communications system. Adjusting the controls to a secure Wallach frequency, he picked up the microphone, and hesitated for a moment. This was, technically, his first transmission to the Baron. What if he messed it up? Would his master slap him around again? What if the transmission were intercepted? Technically, then, the blame would rest squarely on his shoulders. He double checked the frequency, gulped slightly, and spoke into the mike. "This is Amad Tasguen, calling My Lord Baron Wallach. Do you copy, My Lord?"

[b]TAG: Matt, Xan[/b]

[b]OOC:[/b] If he does get through, it's safe to assume he tells them about the letter, for the sake of moving along a bit faster.

[hr]
    [i][color=green][b]IC: Dr. Daniel Robesper II[/b]
    Empty storeroom, streets of Corinth, Kaitain[/i][/color]
    [hr]
    It was, to say the least, worse than he had presumed. The Fenring was, clearly, suffering from a severe head wound, and the Harkonnen... well, he wasn't even sure how much he could help the Harkonnen. He handed a large roll of gauze and wound cleaning materials to Baruhapa.

"I know this won't be easy for you to do, but I need you to clean and dress the Fenring troop. I've got to figure out how to help this fellow right now. Apply the anasthetics, clean the surrounding area, the works. And [i]keep talking to him[/i]. If he passes out, this is going to get a lot more complicated than it needs to be." He then turned back to the Harkonnen soldier, placing his ear close to the mouth.

Breathing, but only just. He gingerly felt the areas around the larynx. Everything seemed to be in order, aside from the obvious contortion. Then he felt the spinal column.

He resisted the urge to say something he hadn't said in a long time. "You were right to not move them. Shattered 5th and 6th vertebrae, moved improperly, and..." He didn't finish the sentence. He opened the man's mouth for eased breathing, and then pulled off his coat. Reaching into his bag, he pulled out a small bottle containing a powerful sedative and administered it.

If all went well, now he would be able to adjust the man's neck and begin applying the necessary pins to ease the healing process. He turned to check Baruhapa's progress as the Harkonnen, presumably, drifted off to sleep.

11. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Lady Margot Fenring
    Fenring Residence at Corinth, Kaitain

The Lady Margot Fenring was, in many ways, like her husband. The old belief that married couples eventually began to take on the characteristics of the other, physical or otherwise, did not apply to her. Margot had always been a kindred spirit to her husband Hasimir; he had not needed to win her over, and she had not, would not have changed for him. Their union was happy and based on deep mutual respect and attraction. For whatever reason, the strange-looking count appealed to the beautiful Margot. She was, well and truly, in love with him, and he with her.

No servant dared speculate on their partnership. The Count himself would dispatch them personally if he ever caught wind of such talk, and he always caught wind of it. Where other spymasters were like fishermen, a few lines in the water, Fenring was a trawler, sweeping everything in his net. Margot, too, had a way with information, every bit as effective as her husband's but far more subtle, which was truly saying something.

It was Margot who had made the decision to help the Atreides, and Hasimir was fully complicit in the act. She'd left a message for them in the garden at the Arrakeen Residence, knowing, or perhaps hoping that Jessica would discover it.

And if she didn't...then she was not worth saving.

Word had reached her of the Baron's imminent arrival before he had even set foot inside the groundcar. It didn't take a spymaster to know that he was as much a plotter as Shaddam himself.

She looked down at the groundcar. The Baron's men scanned the area carefully, and Margot smiled sweetly in amusement.

With languid steps she made her way down to the foyer to meet the fat man. Servants opened the doors and a herald (an idea put forth by Hasimir) announced the man's arrival.

"The Baron Vladimir Harkonnen of Geidi Prime!" he called out in a rich tenor. Margot bowed elegantly to the corpulent Baron.

"You honour us with your presence, m'lord Baron."

Tag: Saint

OOC: Maybe not the best post, but all I've got in me right now. Does Margot know of Jessica's heritage? And will you be tagging me later for Fenring?

12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: Just to ease everyone's worries, there is a timeskip in the works. A combined post with Saintheart might, I suppose, hurry things along...

13. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    IC: Abner von Wallach
    Groundcar, En Route to Harkonnen Party

"Remember when I said drive casual? I take that back. Drive stupid," Thomas said.

?Right then. I?ll try to drive more like you.?

Abner grinned wryly as he eased off the gas pedal and let the vehicle fall back into one of the slower traffic lanes. For as long as he?d been able to get away with it, it had been a fun jaunt through town. Now it was time to refocus on their central diversion: the Harkonnen party. There?d been a few advantages to the showy driving. Very few cars had kept pace with them for any significant part of the trip. Attempting to do so would?ve been as painfully obvious as Abner?s own.

Insofar as they?d failed to take the bait, he?d been able to out considerable distance between himself and the compound.
    In the process, Thomas was right that they?d potentially revealed their position. However, he counted on things working as a careful game of chicken. They were going to a party to be noticed without being directly identified. People were looking to retrieve them without making a public spectacle that would leave the embarrassing impression the Baron couldn?t control his own children. So, it seemed to him, the best tactic was to push against it. Dare them to do something that would be too much, then watch them dance away from the line.

This, of course, would only work provided that there was no one who could intercept them discretely. Thus, he had arrived at the constant scan of the rearview for anyone trailing. There?d been a few potential candidates. But they only really made sense if someone set up a whole network of people that could hand off the tracking amongst themselves. The possibility had occurred. It was also immediately apparent that it didn?t make sense for House Wallach to have devised such a plan, when no one expected them to leave in the first place. It was a logistical impossibility.

For them, anyway. ?Thomas,? he started, ?how many people do you suppose are interested in our plans for the evening??

TAG: Bobamatt

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Sayyadina Denayade' Tus
    Reverend Mother Kaythrine's chambers, Sietch Ma?kkah, Arrakis

Kaythrine listened silently, as Dena had always known her to. After a long moment, the Reverend Mother turned and moved across to the spicecloth mat in one corner of the room, sitting down with legs crossed at the top of its mandala design. "Have the Fedaykin step in, and arrange a coffee service to be sent to us, Dena. Other than those two things, I have no other tasks for you; depart for your mission with Rees with all speed."

"Thank you.", Dena said simply, as she quickly moved to have the coffee service sent as the RM requested. Once that was done, she moved to speak with Rees. "I have been given permission. I shall join you in a moment." She then turned, and left, so that she could change into more appropriate clothing in order to cross the desert. She was smiling, even for such a dangerious mission, she enjoyed her time in the desert. It was a test, one that she did not mind. Denayde' quickly changed into a suit, and cloak, her hair pulled back and covered. She then with a few supplies of her own, quickly catching up with Rees. Soon, they had left the confines of the Sietch, and were moving out into the harshness that was Arrakis.

Later on, in the bled surrounding Ma'kkah

Rees and Dena had walked for quite a distance. With so many thumpers, she knew that they were in for a good travel, and she had brought along her own thumper as well, as she offered to carry a few he had with him. They had stopped now, and she watched as he stepped carefully over the sand, avoiding pockets of drumsand and mimicking the natural sounds of the desert as he unstrapped his thumper and planted it into the sand.

As he did so, Dena scanned the horizon, keeping a sharp watch out, not only for wormsign, but for any unwanted intruders as well. She turned, when Rees addressed her.

"Well Sayyadina, what do you think of the stranger's message? Is this Muad'Dib the Mahdi we have prayed for?" He asked as he pushed a small mound of sand around the thumper's base to increase its stability. He leaned against it for a moment, looking rather eager. "And was he, as I expect, of the Fedaykin?"

Dena gave a slight grin, which was visible even under her breather. "It can not be said that your eyes are not sharp. Indeed, the stranger is of the Fedaykin."

Dena paused a bit, as she mulled over the first half of his question, which she answered with a bit more thought. "But as for the first half of your question, I shall bide my time, for such truths to be shown. For we are far from the other Sietch's, and while rumors travel on the winds, truth tends to take much longer." She nodded slowly as she added... "But, the fact that a Fefaykin was sent, does indeed speak volumes."

Denayade' swept her eyes over the open sands. Indeed, she felt that much more was riding upon the winds this trip. She carefully kept watch, while waiting for the thumpers to start their song.

TAG: TAG: Darth_Sadis

15. Darth_Sadis

Jul 31, 2005

Rees was motionless for a moment as though listening. The wind indeed carried rumours more readily than it did truths, as any Fremen could attest but rumour was oft born of truth. But Dena's words struck at the young Fremen's soul. 'I shall bide my time, for such truths to be shown,' she had said. A subtle suggestion as to what Rees himself should do, or words destined to be spoken by Her Holiness? Rees could not say.

But now was not the time for conflict. When summoning the Old Man one's mind and heart must be clear, for distraction was certain to ensure your water became one with Shai-Hulud.
    As his hand grasped the thumper's activation device he closed his eyes and inclined his head.
    "Bless the Maker and His water. Bless His coming and His going. May His passage cleanse the world. May he keep the world for His people."
    Then with a sharp pull and a cry of " Bi-la kaifa!" the thumper began pounding the sound with rhythmic force and somewhere a sandworm, eager to feed it's gigantic mass, turned towards the sound.

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Sayyadina Denayade' Tus
    The bled surrounding Ma'kkah

Dena noticed that Rees did not ask any more questions. Perhaps he was satisfied with the answer he had received. But most likely, he merely wanted to hear an opinion. But such thoughts could be spoken above later.

Dena watched as Rees activated the thumper, calling the great creatures of the desert. Denayade' stood silent, as she watched him close his eyes, and incline his head.

"Bless the Maker and His water. Bless His coming and His going. May His passage cleanse the world. May he keep the world for His people." Her eyes were sharply focused, as he then gave a sharp pull and a cry of " Bi-la kaifa!" the thumper began pounding the sound with rhythmic force.

Now, it was time to move, and soon, would begin the part that Dena hated to admit that she enjoyed. She moved to a higher point that Rees, and began to scan the sand for wormsign. It would not be a long wait.

Soon she began to see a path of lighting scorthing the desert from accross the dunes.

She pushed her breathe tightly between her teeth, and gestured out in its direction.

TAG:Darth_Sadis
    OOC: along for the ride!

17. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Count Rabban
    Arrkean Palace

The Beast Rabban only smiled at the pages news. Nefud might be a fool, but it looked as if they pathetic grub managed to do something right for a change. How nice it would be to grab a Fremen, and beat the information of the Steich that caused him such woe, from his body. By the time Rabban was done with him, the Fremen would begging to tell him where his steich was.

Certainly would be more entertaining then this dinner party. Instinctively, without prior thought or intent, Rabban grabbed the Page by his collar and lifted off the hard marble floors like a rag doll.

"Hurry, prepare my Thoppter, and prepare the nearest Harkonnen Legions reinforce Nefud position. I want to be there myself when are lasers cut Fremen flesh. And I need to be there if there any survivors. Tonight I drink Fremen blood!" Rabban roared happily, tossing the page aside, walking towards small hangar prepared just for these occasions.

Rabban frowned softly, as he thought about this. There had been less occasions like these. Oh sure he had torched a few insubordinate villages with a firebombing here or there, but it had been awhile since the real warriors of the desert had left themselves out of the open enough for him to strike them.

Rabban knew he was smart enough to figure out exactly why this was, but he was clever enough to know this was not a good sign, and far worse then his Uncle or Fenring thought. That, unlike his revered Uncle, knew that it would only get worse. That it mattered more and more he heard what the Fremen where saying and what they where doing. Right now it might be a refinery or two, but vaguely Rabban saw that the entire desert planet might slip between their fingers. But Rabban was sure if he smashed the Fremen hard enough, that the old ways terror might work once again.

Rabban rushed forward, not wanting the dark thoughts that occasionally haunted him in his sleep to hinder him now. In his moment of glory.

TAG: MATT

18. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: MIB, be sure to tag Saintheart in your posts, since he's Master o' the Harkonnens.

19. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Matt, MIB: I'm happy for MIB to take over those Harkonnens who are outside the storehouse where The_Loyal_Imperial and I are presently meeting, because it'd be a bit rich for me to run both Abidal and the Harkonnens who are hunting us. MIB: If you want, pick it up with Nefud commanding the Harkonnens there: you can consider you've got, oh, four groundcars' worth of troops, or fifteen Harkonnen line troopers, all right?

As for the storehouse itself, it's a high-ceilinged storehouse with large containers scattered around the area, with enough stacks for people to hide in and get on. There's a set of high windows at the top of the building which are accessible (with difficulty) from the floor if you climb several of the containers in succession.

[b][color=blue]Vladimir Harkonnen[/b][/color]

[i]Fenring Residence, Corinth, Kaitain[/i]

The Baron bowed more deeply than he usually would. This was, after all, Count Fenring's wife, who aside from being the Emperor's errand boy, was also one of the deadliest killers in the Imperium. A slight against the Lady would not ... be interpreted well.
    "My Lady," said the Baron. Not much point trying to conceal his intentions in this case, of course; Margot Fenring wasn't exactly the damned Reverend Mother Mohiam, but most Bene Gesserit had a nasty way of figuring out what people were thinking. "My great apologies for calling upon you without your Lord Count being present. Had I any other option I would surely have waited until he was here."

The Baron glanced around more for show than anything else; if there was a snooper or a recording device in here, he likely wasn't going to find it just by looking. Besides, this was Fenring's house; the only devices likely to escape Fenring's nets would be those the Count installed for himself.

But he looked anyway, his gaze finally landing on a mixture of his own troops and the herald. "Leave us," he said gently, but with the unmistakeable authority of a thunderhead.

When the room had emptied except for the Lady, he slowly moved across, looking to a particular sculp in its alcove, lit with a single lamp. "Most beautiful," he said, turning back to Fenring. "I seem to remember this ... yes. This was a gift from His Majesty, was it not? For the Lord Count's birthday two years ago, I think?"

[b]TAG: Peng[/b]
    [hr]
    [b][color=purple]Reverend Mother Kaythrine[/b][/color]

[i]Sietch Ma'kkah, Arrakis[/i]

As was the custom, Kaythrine laid the palm of her hand briefly on Faraz Talian's lowered head, moving back a few paces once more. "Rise, young warrior."

She smiled as he did, thinking over Talian's words. "Your prudence is good," she said to him. "Still, I should expect nothing less from a Fedaykin. Thank you for tarrying a while to see this old woman, Faraz; we of the Sayyadina know you've duties other than us to see to. As for Sammel -- well. This is his sietch. But this is my yali. Sammel does not interfere with our activities."

Kaythrine turned, looking with some intensity at the young man. "I am interested in word of Sietch Tabr, young Fedaykin. How fares Reverend Mother Ramallo? Has she yet found a successor?"

[b]TAG: BobaMatt[/b]
    [hr]
    [b][color=purple]Abidal Khazid[/b][/color]

[i]A storehouse, Arrakeen, Arrakis[/i]

"Pundi rice, for the most part," said [b]Abidal,[/b] thinking back to the manifest he'd studied before setting out. "Leftovers of the Atreides. Some ammonia cylinders off that way; there's a couple of oil canisters as well." The need to move was getting stronger, and he hurried over to the nearest container, leaping ably onto its top with all the grace and necessary strength he'd learned.

[b]TAG: The_Loyal_Imperial, MIB[/b]

20. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Sorry (again) for the delay ...

IC: Nydia Wallach
    Groundcar, Kaitain

"I ... don't know," Nydia said honestly. She leaned back and looked out the window, unable to meet her father's gaze. She should know more, have a more intelligent answer ... but being able to read people only went so far. It was no substitute for actually knowing them, and she didn't, not yet. All she could do was feel her way. "Economically, politically ... we've suffered more than we appear and less than we ought to have. Our invitation here and, indeed, even the Emperor's refusal indicates we're still held in high standing.

"Personally ..." Nydia glanced back and spread her hands. "Leto Atredies was a friend as well as an ally. I remember playing with Paul on Caladan when we were little. So -"

She was interrupted by the comm chirp. "This is Amad Tasguen, calling My Lord Baron Wallach. Do you copy, My Lord?" Nydia stopped talking, mildly relieved, and looked at her father. It was his call; she would not presume to answer.

TAG: Matt, ramza

21. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC:
    Absolutely. All I meant was that he should tag you, if he's tagging me, particularly because of...
    ...stuff like this. Feel free to have a mounted turret on one of those groundcars, too, MIB. [face_dancing]

Also, JediMarine has, unfortunately, left the game for now because of some real DRL issues. We wish him best of luck out there in the real world. He has left behind a very, very interesting character, though. Are there any players that might be interested in picking that character up?

[b][color=purple]IC: Faraz Talian
    [i]The Sayyadina's yali, Sietch Ma'kkah[/i][/color][/b]

[blockquote]The woman touched his forehead and bid him rise, and she was smiling when he stood. So far so good. "Your prudence is good," she said to him. "Still, I should expect nothing less from a Fedaykin. Thank you for tarrying a while to see this old woman, Faraz; we of the Sayyadina know you've duties other than us to see to. As for Sammel -- well. This is his sietch. But this is my yali. Sammel does not interfere with our activities."

[i]Most interesting,[/i] Faraz thought. [i]Perhaps if Sammel could not be turned...[/i] The Fedaykin knew that the spiritual was the real power...He did his best not to let his expression betray any planning, though the Sayyadina had no doubt informed him of this relationship precisely to plant such an idea in his mind.

She continued. "I am interested in word of Sietch Tabr, young Fedaykin. How fares Reverend Mother Ramallo? Has she yet found a successor?" [i]Good.[/i]

"Ramallo has passed on, Holy One. Has it been so long since Sietch Tabr has shared word with Sietch Ma'kkah? But she [i]has[/i] found a successor, yes. And kull wahad! What a successor! She is the mother of Muad'Dib. A witch from offworld. She has taught us the weirding."[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Saintheart

[color=red]OOC:[/color][/b] More later...

22. Darth_Sadis

Jul 31, 2005

Rees looked into Dena's face and followed her line of sight to the small, rapidly approaching electrical storm. A lopsided grin slowly grew on his face and with a cry of "Kull wahad!" he removed his hooks from his back.

"Such a brute! Either Shai-Hulud himself despises these trespassers on his sand, or Your Holiness' presence summons such a behemoth!"

Now the rapidly approaching hills of sand were close enough to be seen without strain, and occasional peeks of the Maker's armoured hide pushed through the rolling sands. Holding both hooks in his left hand, his right hovered over the crysknife at his side. The knife of a Fremen was the tooth of the Maker. What did that make them? Scavengers, to use the Maker's cast off's, or a part of the great worm's lifecycle? Were they truly of the sand or, like the offworlders, exploiting the desert for thei-
    Once again he pushed such thoughts from his mind. The time is now for wariness, not reflection. Harkonnens tread the sand, the Mudir Nahya was hunting the Misr and one had arisen who could be their Messiah. And with the rapidly approaching Maker, large enough to swallow a harvester in one yawning gulp, he must focus on the task at hand.
    He swallowed the lump in his throat that formed at the thought of Muad'Dib's greatness, and half glanced towards the Sayyadina.
    "Well Sayyadina, it is a long road many thumpers long. But do you wish the honour of the first?"

While

23. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Baron Jonas von Wallach
    Groundcar, Corinth City, Kaitain

The Baron reeled at the news of Hawat's note, and when he confirmed with the embassy that the boys had left to spend time in Corinth City, he set his jaw firmly. He wished that his Master of Assassins were here, but he would make due. He informed the embassy to assemble the entourage, and the guard, and to await their arrival.

TAG: All Wallach

24. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Balthassar Rellick
    Arrakeen, Arrakis

Rellick crawled up the container behind their native guide; jumping was all well and good, but he'd rather conserve his energy for the likely fight to come. "Oil and ammonia, you say? I don't suppose either of you thought to bring along combustibles, flammables, or otherwise usable projectiles?" He looked from one to the other and shrugged. Chances were probably in the negative, but it was at least worth a shot. 'Twas a pity the Harkonnens hadn't been lazy about their storage; if they'd packed enough of the stuff in warehouse to be dangerous, then he could have at least left their pursuers an unpleasant gift.

TAG: Saintheart, BobaMatt

25. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    OOC: I will be GLADY taking Nefud over, will have a post up tomorrow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.