main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive D U N E - Chronicles of the Imperium

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by BobaMatt, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Lady Margot Fenring
    Residence at Corinth, Kaitain

Inclining her head gently, Margot smiled at the Baron warmly. "My Lady," he began, "My great apologies for calling upon you without your Lord Count being present. Had I any other option I would surely have waited until he was here." Before Margot could respond, the Baron was sending away the aides. "Most beautiful," he said, turning back to Margot, eyeing a nearby sculpture. "I seem to remember this ... yes. This was a gift from His Majesty, was it not? For the Lord Count's birthday two years ago, I think?"

Margot nodded, her warm smile making her eyes glow. "You are correct, m'lord Baron. But between us, Baron, the Count Fenring - Hasimir - much preferred Duke Leto's gift. A finely crafted dagger, the kind the Caladan fishermen use."

She laughed then, at the exact perfect moment, the sound oddly seductive and yet eerily commanding. "I've never understood my husband's love of such things." This was a lie. Margot walked into the hall, a small sconce in the wall set aside for drinks. "Might I offer you a drink?"

Tag: Saint

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: R_Zion mentioned this to me. Wish I'd seen the whole episode.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Harad "Amad Tasguen" Ginaz
    Nearing Wallach Embassy, Ground Car, Kaitain

As they drew close to their final destination, Amad couldn't help but feel a twinge of anxiety run through his nerves. Was it fear? Or perhaps uncertainty?

Perhaps it was a feeling of destiny, for he couldn't help but think that, whoever was pulling the strings, a great deal many links in a wheel of plots were about to draw together rather aptly.

"Master..." he began, his tone more suggestive of thinking aloud rather than an actual question, "Have you ever felt like something... well... big is about to take place? As if hundreds of thousands of observers were holding their collective breaths, just waiting for... something...?"

[b]TAG: Matt[/b]

4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Fenring Residence, Corinth, Kaitain

The Baron bit down on the seething anger that bubbled when the woman declared Fenring had preferred an Atreides gift over that of the Emperor's own. No doubt that had been the witch's intent all along, to unbalance him. Fortunately that seductive tone in her voice, and the ever-so-precise way she'd turned her profile to reveal tantalising glimpses of her figure, only clenched his anger down into careful assessment.
    I can't kill this one ... but then I've had my surfeit of killing Bene Gesserit. Vladimir Harkonnen inclined his head politely at the offer of drink. "Your hospitality will be well, ah, remembered, my Lady," he said. Yes, think on that. Your husband loves double meanings so much, perhaps he'll find some amusement in decoding tt. And if lovely Feyd-Rautha ascends the throne ... well ...

The Baron rose, adjusting a suspensor. "But I'm afraid I've not the opportunity to partake. Matters to be seen over the na-Baron's ball, you see." He took a deep breath. Best to get to it before she starts applying that witch-knowledge of hers in some way. "It's ... meet, I suppose, that you mention Leto's dagger. I remember the Red Duke's explanation of it, come to think of it. The Duke mentioned that such daggers are also used by the peasantry on Caladan to kill snakes, too. I was intrigued by that. I had my Mentat look into it. Did you know such snakes often find safe harbour in warm places like libraries, my Lady? That in the ancient days, one might even have found such serpents coiled around books?" The Baron paused; the snake-around-the-book was well-known as House Wallach's sigil. This damnable dancing around straight talk was annoying at the best of times, but it was the only way the Fenrings seemed to like to speak. "I must say I was horrified to learn of such things. I wondered then, as I do now ... whether His Majesty our Emperor has sought to contain such threats."

TAG: Peng

OOG: Other folks later... :D

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Lady Margot Fenring

Wallach. Margot masked her changing mood; no longer interested in dancing about the topic, she steeled herself for the words that were certain to come in this meeting. She hadn't missed his comment about hospitality, and now this open criticism of the throne? Did he hope to align himself with her husband, ingratiate himself with Shaddam? He's done enough of that, she thought coldly. It suddenly occurred to her that she could dispose of the Baron in but a moment right here, right now, and all their troubles could be solved. But then there is still the matter of Atreides, she thought. The Baron knew, had to know, if Jessica and her son had survived. Or at least he'd be the best lead at this point in time.

Margot thought for an instant, reaching a decision: confrontation. Voice dripping with honey, she spoke. "My dear Baron Harkonnen, of alll people, I'd expect you to understand His Majesty's stance on such threats."

Calmly, languidly, she reached for Hasimir's Caladanian fishing knife, balancing it in her hand, as though suddenly transfixed by the shining blade.

"We simply cut off the head."

Her grip tightened about the hilt; suddenly she was gazing into the Baron's own dark eyes, her face filled with warmth - except the eyes, which were as cold as steel.

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Sayyadina Denayade' Tus
    The bled surrounding Ma'kkah

Rees looked into Dena's face and followed her line of sight to the small, rapidly approaching electrical storm. A lopsided grin slowly grew on his face and with a cry of "Kull wahad!" he removed his hooks from his back. Dena began to check the gear, making sure it was well secured. She heard Rees call out, "Such a brute! Either Shai-Hulud himself despises these trespassers on his sand, or Your Holiness' presence summons such a behemoth!"

Dena gave a dark smile, as she turned to watch the worm's approach. She loved to watch the great worms approach. It was something to behold, something that kept their deadly enemies far at bay. Only the faithful knew how to truly walk among them.

"Well Sayyadina, it is a long road many thumpers long. But do you wish the honour of the first?" Dena turned to look towards Rees, but shook her head. "No warrior, you called him...you may have the honor of the first. It is your place."

Denayade' prepared her self for what was to come next.

TAG: Darth Sadis

7. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    ((holy leaping lizards batman! A late CS! Just wanna say that I'm excited to be in the game and Peng..Yes.
    GM Approved
    Name:Korthin Telarsham
    Height: 6 feet 5 inches
    Skin Color: Tanned Caucasian
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Hair Color: Brown
    Homeworld: Salusa Secundus
    Allegiances and Alignments: The Emperor Shadaam the IV, House Corrino, The Sardaukar Legions. In that order.
    Profession: Sardaukar Officer
    Weapons: Kinjal, Sword, Lasgun, Shigawire (hidden in hair)
    Possessions: Shield, Sardaukar uniform, Sardaukar equipment pack (Rations, water, rope, etc.)
    Languages: Galach, Sardaukar Battle Language, Corrino Battle language
    Skills, Talents and Special Training: Korthin is Sardaukar, he is a master of stealth, murder, brutality and little to no mercy. Trained to be the best, most brutal soldier from birth he has even risen to captain, making his skills even more refined. Though such a word is not one to be used to describe anything known or practiced by Korthin.
    Appearance: Tall and bulky at six feet five inches tall and almost three hundred pounds, Korthin is a muscular man. His hair is almost shoulder length, but he usually keeps it in a pony tail. His hands and fingers are long and dexterous, perfect for knife throwing and fighting.
    Biography: Brought to Salusa Secundus as an infant, he was raised in the fiery hellhole that was to be his home for the rest of his life. He spent some days in the training facility of the emperor, grizzled veterans shouting orders, their bodies specters of missing limbs and shattered faces. Terrified of these brutal and sometimes homicidal teachers, Korthin did anything they asked which often included drills that would end in death of anyone without an unbreakable will to live, or simply someone who slipped up against a particularly eager opponent . Then when he finished all this, they sent him to the surface until he was next called to the training facility.

This turned him into a strong, brutal, angry monster. They then taught him to harness that rage into a fanatical devotion to the emperor and battle. His own self hate for surviving was turned into a desperate need to serve his master, his emperor. They taught him to use lasguns, knives, shields, Shigawire, how to move silently and how to kill instantly. The trainers taught them all how to resist torture, how to work as a squad, teamwork and communications. Believing fervently that the other men and children he had killed on the prison planet were simply those too weak to fight and enjoy battle, Korthin went from an infant, to an animal, into the faceless, fearless tool of battle and the emperor. Luckily for him the to be a tool for one was to be a tool of the other. He left Salusa Secudus a arrogant but well trained soldier, having completed training he was treated like a noble of a house and he grew to like their tastes as well. He like all Sardaukar was a hardened man but he was well known for his love of mechanics and his want for things to make sense, because of this he disliked art and music as no one simple principle governed these ?arts?.

Sent on many campaigns and personal assassinations, Korthin's arrogance grew as did his rank. Successful mission after successful mission was hardly surprising from a Sardaukar, but his ability to blend into situations where it would be good to be unnoticed and his command decisions got him noticed and made him slowly rise from Private to Colonel. When the Emperor ordered Sardaukar to aid the Harkonnen on Arrakis, Korthin was ordered to go with them. Aiding the Harkonnen deal with the admittedly more elite then usual Atreideis, Korthin discovered something fascinating, The Fremen. After the campaign he was left with two orders, Keep an eye on the Harkonnen and find out about the Fremen. He reported himself to the Harkonnen palace as an observer, knowing how they would perceive him, as a threat and as a reminder of what they owe. He dislikes the Harkonnen soldiers who's cruelty is heartening but shadowed by their cowardice in open conflicts. He enjoys the harshness of

8. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen

Feyd watched the jailer drag the man away. He couldn't help but admire the mans pure hatred for him, and his family. Feyd was going to enjoy putting this one down.

"Well then, let us return. Your uncle will be waiting."

Feyd turned to Thufir. "Lead the way then."

Tag: Matt.

9. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: I'm conscious of the timeskip ahead, so I'll be around more to try and resolve some of these plot threads. :)

Vladimir Harkonnen

Fenring Residence, Corinth, Kaitain

And I thought the two-faced god was a myth, thought the Baron to himself, staring into the death promised by Margot Fenring's eyes. Having pushed down his anger, he was nonetheless taken aback by the naked emotion in the woman's eyes. Count Fenring is obviously not the only killer in the family.

A display of fear would not do. Margot Fenring was one with her husband, and her husband was the Emperor outside Shaddam's presence. The royal seat did not admit of weakness. Indeed that was the very reason Harkonnen had been chosen to act as the Emperor's cat's-paw on Arrakis. Likewise a veiled threat in answer would serve as a flag of weakness, he thought.

He tried to match the Lady's gaze, forcing away the reflex reaction to shrink from that knife and those eyes. "I'm always reassured by the Emperor's resolve in dealing with threats to his ... subjects," the Baron rumbled. "Perhaps I am ineloquent. I'm speaking only of threats to the buildings of one's home. Firefighting, in particular; I merely ask whether it is meet for me to venture out to fight a fire growing at the back of my home, or whether, should I proceed outside to that fire, I would find the blaze already quenched, or damped down, by my city's local firefighting divisions." He gestured with an opened palm, the rings on that hand glimmering, notwithstanding the presence of that knife and those eyes. "It's something I'd hope to discuss with your husband on his return to Kaitain, if the Lord Count is willing. Fairly urgently, if I may."

TAG: Peng! :)

[b][color=purple]Reverend Mother Kaythrine[/b][/color]

[i]Sietch Ma'kkah, Arrakis[/i]

Kaythrine closed her eyes, a smile playing across her face as Faraz Talian spoke his words. "It [i]is[/i] the legend," she said. The Reverend Mother opened her eyes again. "It has been some weeks since sandriders came from Sietch Tabr. Reverend Mother Ramallo was ageing when last word was here. Still, if the Friend of God has passed within, Ramallo is gone but still remains. There is sadness, but no sadness as a result. As for the weirding way ... well. Such says the Prophecy, so should we have expected less?"

Kaythrine turned, walking away from the Fedaykin for a few moments, hands at her sides. Then her back straightened, as though she'd come to a decision. She turned back to Talian. "You will carry a message to your Sayyadina, Faraz Talian, for me. This boon alone I ask of you. You will not pass it to Stilgar, or to any Fremen not of the Sayyadina, or to Muad'dib -- though if he is the Lisan al-Gaib he shall know your words without you speaking them. You will tell the Sayyadina of Sietch Tabr that Sietch Ma'kkah will follow Muad'dib if Sammel is dealt with. That is all. Have you any questions?"

Kaythrine exhaled as if a weight had lifted from her shoulders, though a greater weight was in her eyes.

[b]TAG: BobaMatt[/b]

[hr]

[b][color=purple]Abidal Khazid[/b][/color]

[i]Storehouse, Arrakeen, Arrakis[/i]

For a long moment Abidal stared at the outworlders. He'd not been much about chemicals; Ibnir Falut had been well-trained in that, but he had been killed in the explosion of a spice crawler, good an exchange as it was.

Still, if these offworlders were intending to draw his blood, he would either way be unable to pass any secrets on to the Harkonnens. Not to mention that drawing a Fremen's blood was often harder than an offworlder thought.

Abidal's hand went to a concealed pocket in his robe and withdrew his maula pistol. He handed it across to the offworlder with a shrug. "The ammunition is phosphor-tipped; I do not know what sort of thing you wish, but you may as well use it." The Fremen looked for the next handgrip up towards the ceiling of the storehouse.

[b]TAG: The_Loyal_Imperial, MIB[/b]

10. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    "It was said that, after that day, the Doctor Robesper could no longer look the Baron in the eyes."

- "The Allies of the Atreides," by Harq al-Ada

IC: Faraz Talian
    Sietch Ma'kkah, Arrakis

"T-" Faraz stuttered, but could not continue. He stared, wide-eyed, and then, finally, managed. "Yes, Holy One. I understand." He bowed again, spun, and stalked from the Sietch, feeling the air grow warmer until, finally, he was out in the night, beneath Dune's moons, planting a thumper in the sand and glad to be free of the Sietch of demons and spirits, of fallen warriors' souls.

TAG: Saint

[color=green]IC: Aloysius Brenner
    [i]Wallach Embassy, Kaitain[/i][/b][/color]

[blockquote]It was silent at the table. Robesper was unaccounted for. Rellick was, regrettably, not present. Thomas, the na-Baron, was galivanting. The Lady Nydia was in his chair. Behind Brenner, his apprentice stood. The Baron sat at the head of the table, drumming his fingers. No one moved. Brenner scarcely breathed. The Baron inhaled deeply, and leaned forward in his chair. "Brenner."

The two locked eyes. Brenner worked his jaw a moment. "The boy and I will each take a compliment of armed guards, in civilian dress. We will search the city, though I think it's safe to assume they will be headed for the Harkonnen boy's festivities." The Baron nodded, absently. "M'lord, if I may, they are young men. Young men are prone to foolishness. This is untoward, but it is not rare."

Another pause.

"Make the preparations, Brenner," the Baron said, "Nydia, you have ingratiated yourself to the Princess and the Lady Fenring. Your skills, here, may lie along a different path than Brenner's and Tasguen's, but I believe you can be useful here, as well." He slammed his hand down on the table. "And someone find Robesper!"[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Xan, Ramza
    [hr]
    [color=blue]IC: Thufir Hawat
    [i]Harkonnen Embassy, Kaitain[/i][/color][/b]

[blockquote]One of the guards at the door was less conscientious than the other. Useful. In the distance, two men - they carried themselves with the dignity of nobles - arrived in an unmarked vehicle, already wearing their masks. They wished to hide their identities at a party full of people eager to show off their status. These, then, would be the Wallach boys.

As Thufir passed the Lady Moritani, he pinched her rump. She turned, suspecting, not the aging mentat, but rather the Count Ordos, with whom she had often been thought to be having an extramarital affair. She would not want this to be confirmed in public, and so she turned with an intensity and fire in her speech that took the poor Count quite by surprise. He jumped, startled, and bumped into a passing servant, who dropped his tray of drinks on the Baronette Pleias who was known for his fiery temper. He turned and began to thrash the servant, which naturally bothered the fairly progressive Governor Talial. Soon, swords were drawn, and the attentive door guard took the initiative to break up the fight, whilst the lazier one - who would no doubt be killed later - pretended not to notice. The young men passed without incident.

The celebration was now in full swing, the great fat Baron had not yet arrive, and Thufir had succeeded in buying the Wallach heirs but a few minutes.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: All[/b]

11. Darth_Sadis

Darth_Sadis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    IC: Rees, the bled surrounding Ma'kkah

"No warrior, you called him...you may have the honor of the first. It is your place." Rees inclined his head in thanks and took a Maker hook in each hand. With a deep, calming breath and a small sip at the tube that ran across his cheek to moisten his suddenly dry throat. His eyes were cast towards the rapidly approaching storm and his mind raced with calculations, conflicts and decisions. An expert worm rider, like all his people, he had judged the worm's size, reach and speed in moments and was already moving calmly and without rhythm to a point some distance from the thumper. He paid no heed to Dena, confident that she had also reached similar conclusions to him and was preparing herself to mount the worm he would harness.

Then the storm and the sandwave were gone and the only indication of what burrowed beneath the dunes was the ceaseless whisper of sand being forced aside. Rees hopped atop a small, grey rock and crouched in an attempt to mimic the preparation that preluded the bounds of speed that muad'dib (mouse, not messiah) was capable of.
    He whispered reassurances to himself and willed his heart to beat at a slower pace, chastising himself at the waste of moisture each drop of tense sweat cost him.
    Though the beast was not visible the almost tangible cinnamon in the air hinted of its proximity.

And then it was upon him.

Like a crysknife through flesh the worm forced itself upwards onto the surface of the sand and rushed at the thumper with such speed and primal fury. The vast mouth, blacker than the deeps of space and with crystal teeth glittering like the constellations that hang in that inky darkness, yawned open in its attempt to catch its prey.
    Rees, muscles tight and ready, remained motionless as the worm swallowed the thumper and several tons of sand and rock in one mighty gulp. Its business done the Maker began burrowing into the sand once more.
    As it passed him he extended both hooks and was swept along with the almighty animal. Slowly feeling out the various pits and crevices that pitted the impenetrable hide, Rees used his hooks to ascend the beast until he finally stood, triumphantly, atop its back. The hot wind bit at what little skin he had exposed, the stench of melange threatened to overpower him and the worm was slowly but surely making its way deeper into the sand... but he felt powerful!
    As he lifted a segment of the Maker's skin his eye caught the tell tale signs of a lasgun blast beside his foot. He noted the blast and reminded himself to mention it to Dena when he...

Dena! He had once more allowed himself to be swept up by something with no heed for himself. He was sure he would be scowled at by the young Sayyadina, and the thought amused him.

With a grin he turned the worm, calling out "Ach, ach, ach!" to warn her of his intention to turn left. His eyes spied her upon the sand as he finished the turn and, by careful manipulation of the Maker's segmented hide, urged it to slower speeds. Laughing, he pulled the mouth filter from his face and cried out "A seven thumper journey indeed! Shai Hulud sends this giant to take us a full third of that distance! I feel we have his blessing Holy One!"

TAG: Ktala

12. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    OOG: I just want to publicly congratulate Darth_Sadis for a lovely post ... and for our first "onscreen" sandworm ride of the RPG! Extra points for the dialogue: Ach! Ach! Ach! Brilliant work. :)

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC:
    Yes!

Also, and I was a tad negligent in not mentioning it, the Kaitain timeskip in the last post is about an hour. Short, sure, but significant. In game time, then, Faraz is headed back to Sietch Tabr, having left Sietch Ma'kkah an hour ago. Peng and Saint should feel free to wrap up their conversation - combined post, perhaps? - and move their characters on to the party.

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Thomas von Wallach
    Celebration at the Harkonnen Embassy, Kaitain

Thomas found himself envying his brother's mask - it was not ghoulish, as Thomas' deaths-head was, and so Abner found himself easier able to fraternize with the many young women at the party, women the two of them supposed must be beautiful beneath their own masks. The Wallach na-Baron, however, could not complain about his own select grouping of nubile youths. Each woman was eager to know who the strapping men really were. The sallow skinned, ample bosomed brunette to which he now spoke, the one whose violet gown clung to her frame, believed Thomas to be a CHOAM magnate.

He allowed himself to gaze about the party. The decadence did not surprise Thomas, given the hosts, but it was nonetheless impressive. Succulent dishes from a hundred worlds, and strong liquors from at least sixty, adorned the bars and tables. Thomas had been nursing flute of Caladanan wine until the thought of how the spirit must have been collected occurred to him and, sickened, he left the flute by a pillar and was unable to consume anything for many minutes. Hors d'ouevres were carried on trays by a half-nude waitstaff, and a massive demonstration game of cheops was being played out with servants dressed as pieces - they were wearing less clothing than the waitstaff.

And, out in the massive courtyard, an arena had been constructed for the gladiator battle. Thomas shuddered.

As if on cue, a hush fell across the crowd, and Feyd-Rautha appeared, dressed gaudily, at the head of a staircase. The crowd at the landing began to part in preparation for his descent.

TAG: Jabba_Wocky, Mister_Master, Saintheart

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Harad "Amad Tasguen" Ginaz
    Wallach Embassy, Kaitain

Amad glanced at his master out of the corner of his eye. True, they had already discussed this plan before presenting it to the Baron, and true, Amad had already lost that [i]particular[/i] argument. Nonetheless, he had a sinking feeling that they were almost asking for trouble this way.

Of course, another part of him was glad the Baron had enough faith in his abilities to entrust him with an entire compliment of guards, but now was not the time nor the place for such foolish pride.

[i]Where is Robesper, indeed?[/i] the young apprentice wondered. It was unlike the Suk to just run off. But he didn't feel like now was a good time to bring up this detail.

Of course, no one in the Wallach Embassy could have known that at that very moment, Dr. Daniel Robesper II was doing what he did best.

[b]TAG: Matt, Xan[/b]

16. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Feyd-Ruatha

Feyd smiled as he watched a hush fall on the crowd and all eyes turn towards him. Feyd waited for the crowd to start parting before he began his descent.

Feyd slowly descended the stairs, nodding to guests he knew to be nobles, and to the lady's who he hoped to get a chance to talk to.

Feyd arrived at the bottom, and addressed the crowed. "I want to thank you all for coming. Please enjoy the party." Feyd said. As much as he liked being the center of attention, he didn't like to be stared at.

TAG: Anyone at the party.

17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Lady Margot Fenring

The Fenring woman's gaze softened, but she seethed internally. Damn him and his games!

She placed the knife back gently, as if it had only caught her attention for but a moment. The Baron had to have known her intent; she spoke for Hasimir and he for her, and the Baron's thinly veiled threats against Wallach would have sickened her husband. She calmed herself, knowing that if she had no effect on the Baron, Hasimir certainly would. She managed to hold back the smile that threatened to give her thoughts away. Hasimir would certainly enjoy playing games with the Baron.

She held herself with poise and dignity, turning to the Baron. "If you'll excuse me, my dear Baron, but I must cut this visit short. Rest assured, my husband is very eager to speak with you." Let him chew on that, she thought. "I do believe that there is a party waiting for both of us."

18. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Balthassar Rellick
    Arrakeen, Arrakis

The assassin master stared at the native in surprise; he had hardly expected him to actually be carrying such a thing, and even if he had, he'd have never thought he would admit it to ones such as them. Accepting the pistol in his free hand, he nodded his thanks to the native before crawling in the direction he had indicated previously for the oil. Without tools, removing the caps on the oil canisters would normally be difficult, but with the aid of his kindjal wrapped with the razor-sharp shigaware, it progressed at a conveniently rapid pace, considering their current circumstances.

Followed up with a light tip, and several of them would have their volatile contents leaving an unpleasant puddle on the ground, just in case the Harkonnens were more safety-conscious than he thought and the first shot didn't finish the job entirely. Plan almost in place, he called out to his colleagues, "Might I suggest you two get a ways ahead first? I'll follow up from behind before setting this off, we likely don't want to be too close to the remaining canisters when the Harkonnens receive our gift."

TAG: Saintheart, BobaMatt

19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    IC: Abner von Wallach
    Celebration at the Harkonnen Embassy, Kaitain

Abner lost himself quickly in the free flow of the crowd. If this way different than the holiday parties on Buzzell, the distinctions were good. It was simpler, bereft of petty intra-office politics, more intriguing, replaced with intergalactic politics, and on the whole more extravagant. He maneuvered easily enough among the crowd before being hemmed in gradually by a circle of imperial maidens.

Initially, there was too much in the way of introspection and psychological knowingness for him not to enjoy it on a symbolic level. A preview of the future, he told, himself. Of the day when they would break into the Harkonnen possessions, eat their spoils, and take their women. The tug at his persistent tug at his hand pulled him out of it quickly enough, though, and his mood had long since dissolved into an airy pleasure. One of his newfound companions, raven haired and full-lipped, had nestled herself on his right, pouring over him assiduously, and coiling her arm tightly around his own. His free hand was moving through a ballet of conversational gestures, fueled by a mixture of military sign language and corporate speak. The conversation itself was threading around the more interesting historical sites they?d each visited. It was a convenient pretext for offhand clues about wealth and sophistication that didn?t reveal anything about his actual identity. Not that they weren?t trying to make him play that game as well. He teased in response, evasive and delighted.

Seeking some variety from the half eaten fruit medley in front of him, he reached for a passing hors d?oevure. He started slightly at the taste. Melange. It wasn?t the presence that surprised him, except that it called attention to the relative paucity elsewhere. A rare moment of restraint from their corpulent host? Did he hope to avoid making too fine a point of their recent reacquisition? Perhaps a reminder of the power he held? A bit of misdirection, to make bait his enemies into moving against perceived weakness? An earnest display of actual flaws, to psych those around him into suspecting the opposite? The whole thing an over-analysis of the chance results of his own finicky eating?

It wasn?t a question he could?ve answered then and there. The notion that his hormones would?ve allowed him to finish the reverie was questionable at best. As it happened, though, a commotion from the grand stairway interrupted him first.

For a moment, they all fell silent, their gaze transfixed on the young noble. It struck Abner that a piece of gossip he?d heard floating about the party was suddenly pertinent. Having moved first with the hush of awe, and then the fury of scandal, it seemed perfect. Especially, since, examining the boy in person, it looked like both could?ve been true. ?Well, that?s putting a good face on running scared from your original opponent,? he mused aloud.

There were a few waves of laughter that rippled and mingled between the coterie. From those that had heard the rumors promising a Sardaukar, the giggles were either mischievous and rolling or a bit breathy, punctuated as they were by shocked gasps. Somewhere between the two of them intervened the apparently cordial but uninformed laughter of the remainder. Let them have that for a clue about his identity. Perhaps more than he should?ve revealed. But fair turnabout, given how they?d just stratified themselves from him by their politics.

TAG: BobaMatt, Mister_Master

20. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Count Glossu Rabban Onithoppter/ Over Arrakis

A scowl seemed to be firmly on The Beasts face, he needed to make it there now. Any further delay would entail disaster on the grandest scale. The thought of anyone but him crushing the Fremen behind this skull was more than dreadful to him.

The sands seemed to be pelting the cockpits glass screen, not that it mattered. It would take a real storm to knock over this Thoppter. It was top of its line, and Glossu was a talented pilot. Even this planet couldn?t take that away from him. And neither from his tow escorts behind him.

IC: Guard Captain Nefud
    Storehouse, Arrakis

? You fools? Nefud bellowed while drawing his a powerful dart gun, and firing into the skull of the nearest fool, as well as the idiot who had managed to mess throwing the stun grenade in the building. As the men fell down limb on the brown, dirt ground, Nefud motioned for one of the few projectile throwing weapons that wasn?t outdated on most planets. With a side long glance, Nefud looked at the colossal storehouse. The thing was a weird breed of wood and steel, with entire sections being of pure steel, while on others it was just the supports for ancient but powerful wood. Though top of line during its heydays, those days had long passed. But it was cheaper to repair and maintain then just to simply tear it down and build a new one. Still one day still, it would be all steel and patchwork.

The black and silver device in Nefud?s hand somewhat looked like an ancient crossbow of old, accept it held only a large barrel shaped cylinder at the end of it. It looked more like a cannon though then a simple hand gun. As Nefud pulled the trigger twice, he smiled as the grenade smashed through two windows on the left side. The giant gritty steel and wood building, already had three onithoppters that had landed on top, and where getting ready for their entrance. All of them had their black long cords shacked the roof and through the vests of the soldiers on the roof, but bottoms halfway down the building, though it reach the ground below if necessary.

As the sound off glass shattering, and smoke filled the left side of the room, less half of Nefud?s men poured into the building like ants chasing a piece of meat off the floor during a hot sunny summer day. He knew to be cautious when dealing the desert warriors. He had lost a lot of men being careless, and they docked his pay when they died without results. Sixteen from the right tear gassed side, to caught the Fremen off guard, while eight poured into the left side. Of those on the floor only those on the left side, where smoke was raising high, had shields. All those entering from the roof had Shields and slugthrowers. As the nine of them, shimmied down the right, top, and left sides of storehouse Nefud smiled grimly.

The stout but muscle bound man, raised his hand unwavering into the air. If his men didn?t respond in time, they would seal the building entrances and exits permanently with explosives, and try to give chase if the left through the easily monitored windows. Though in that scenario, Nefud guessed a good number of the Fremen would probably survive that.

TAG: IMP, SAINT

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Sorry to keep you waiting, Darth_Sadis!

Sayyadina Denayade' Tus
    The bled surrounding Ma'kkah

"No warrior, you called him...you may have the honor of the first. It is your place." Dena told the man. Rees inclined his head in thanks and took a Maker hook in each hand. As he studied the worm, she was already at working, making sure all the equipment was prepared and ready. This was a large beast, and they would both have to stay sharp, to keep from being rolled on.

Then the storm and the sandwave were gone and the only indication of what burrowed beneath the dunes was the ceaseless whisper of sand being forced aside. Ah, now the fun was truly to begin. She inhaled the subtle hint of spice within the air, and smiled. She felt her heartbeat rise slightly. Yes, this was the moment that seemed to hang in the air, the moment when the Maker raised himself from the sands.

And then it was here. The worm forced itself upwards onto the surface of the sand and rushed at the thumper, teeth glittering, its mouth yawned open in its attempt to catch its prey. She turned to watch as Rees and she both watched as the worm swallowed the thumper and several tons of sand and rock in one mighty gulp. It began to burrow into the sand once more. Then Rees acted. As it passed him he extended both hooks and was swept along with the almighty animal. Slowly feeling out the various pits and crevices that pitted the impenetrable hide, Rees used his hooks to ascend the beast until he finally stood, triumphantly, atop its back.

Dena was on the move instantly, As the beast had turned itself, to keep the sand from where the hooks were, and had lifted Rees, she was already moving, spying the rope that hung from one of the hooks. As she moved, she heard him bark out a call, as the worm began to turn.

Dena launched herself, and grabbed the rope with one hand, the other felt the crevasses of the Makers hide. The beast slowed somewhat, but she was already climbing its side, grinning wildly as she ran sideways, and swung herself up a bit higher until at last, she was standing on top of the maker. She turned, to locate Rees, who was hanging on to the hooks, and she quickly made her way to him.

Laughing, he pulled the mouth filter from his face and cried out "A seven thumper journey indeed! Shai Hulud sends this giant to take us a full third of that distance! I feel we have his blessing Holy One!"

Denayade' grinned back in reply, as she gave a hand gesture. Yes, perhaps their journey had been blessed. As she came to stand next to him, she spoke. "Indeed. May our enemies beware." she said with a nod. It had been a long time since she had been on a hunt. And she was looking forward to it. But now, she concentrated on the ride, moving with the great beast as he moved, her eyes scanning the horizon for any of their enemies. What would bring them so far out? She found it interesting that it came, with news of the coming of the Muad'dib.

Such was the will of the way. Dena continued to scan the skies, in case someone noticed their passing.

TAG: Darth_Sadis, GM

22. Darth_Sadis

Jul 31, 2005
    OOC: No problem Ktala. I've been a little busy lately any way!

IC: Rees, atop the Maker and heading toward Mount Idaho

Rees watched as the Sayyadina easily climbed to the top of the great Maker, smiling as he replaced his mouth filter. He raised the hook he held in his right hand and brought the Maker around then allowed it to speed toward Mount Idaho, and the trespassers that lingered there.
    As he scanned the sky and occasionally made minor corrections to their course, his eye was once more drawn to the blasted hide of the Maker.

He lowered himself as much as he dared and examined the wound. A lasgun blast indeed, and no minor wound.
    He turned to face Dena and drew her attention to the patch of scorched armour that bothered him so incessantly.

"Sayyadina, the Harkonnen swine fire their lasguns at the Maker! To wound us is one thing, but to attack the divine! They owe us fai for this, and the water tribute will be collected!"

TAG: Ktala

23. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Feyd-Rautha

Feyd watched as everyone returned to their conversations. He was slightly disappointed that the attention was no longer focused on him. But he knew that it would end up back on him. After all it was his party.

Feyd gazed across the room and caught his eye on a beautiful woman. She had long silky blond hair, and beautiful brown eyes that made his skin boil. To him she stood out in the crowd like no other woman he had seen before. Feyd just stood there in awe as he watched her move about the crowd, stopping here and there to talk to someone.

Feyd snapped out of his daze, and decided he was going to steal her heart. Feyd signaled a server who was serving drinks. Without a word he took two glasses of champagne off the tray, and shuffled his way through the crowd over to the girl.

"Would you like a drink? Madam." He said offering one of the glasses.

"Thank you, oh honorable Feyd-Rautha." She said, taking the glass. "What can your humble servant do for the Na-Baron?" She asked before taking a sip of her drink.

Feyd moved in closer, and answered, "Only provide me with the pleasure of your company." He looked her in the eyes, and smiled. "And the pleasure of knowing your name."

"I am Lina. And it would be my pleasure to accompany the Na-Baron." She offered her hand, which he took and kissed.

Feyd put his arm around her, and they walked around the room, talking to each other, and mingling with the other guests.

TAG: Anyone who wants to mingle with Feyd

24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    IC: Abner Von Wallach
    Harkonnen Party, Kaitain

After the brief pause for the young noble?s entrance, the party had resumed. The young Harkonnen, for his part, was making a leisurely circuit around the room, making sure to bless his closest friends and allies with an acknowledgment of their presence. Somewhere along the way, he had picked up a female companion. That left Abner to consider the company he had chose for the evening himself. In particular, he wondered whether she was up for what his growing sense of mischief intended.

?Hail Na-Baron. M?lady ? Abner called out genially.

As introductions between the two parties passed, he smiled wryly beneath his mask and continued, ?I?m thrilled about your performance tonight.? He nodded in the direction of the courtyard arena. ?I had to be here for it. You see, we?re all very eager to see you pushed to your limits.?

TAG: Mister_Master

25. Darth_Sadis

Jul 31, 2005
    (((OOC: Where did everybody go?)))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.