Tucson D-WARS!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by padumavati, Sep 13, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. padumavati Jedi Youngling

star 1
    It's either going to be terribly awesome, or awesomely terrible. Either way, it should be fun.

[link=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/dragonwarsdwar/DWARTrailer_lrg.html]The trailer[/link]

It opens tomorrow! Is anyone interested in seeing it? Fandango says El Con has a 3:15 showing on Saturday afternoon. If anyone would like to meet us there, let us know! As in, post in this thread. :p

Also, this looks awesome: [link=http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/]Total crazytown.[/link] But it doesn't come out 'til May! :_|
  2. dialswiftjustice Jedi Master

star 4
    cant be any worse than reign of fire!
  3. hal9k1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    No, can't be worse. "Q" was pretty bad if I remember also.

I think the only dragon film I ever liked was "Dragonheart".
    I didn't even like the film of Eragon but I liked the book.
    Not a ton of films about dragons.
  4. dialswiftjustice Jedi Master

star 4
    Dont even go see Dungeons and Dragons its bad to insulting
  5. cathiecat Jedi Master

star 4
    I like my Dragons as good guys vs bad guys... but I still want to see the film. I don't know my schedule yet for saturday. If I don't have a two yr old with me at 3:15 I am up for going to see this then. Otherwise I will have to beg off.
  6. _Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Is it just me or do those scenes that take place downtown look A LOT like the Transformers scenes?
  7. padumavati Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah, it's a total rip off. But it has DRAGONS!
  8. padumavati Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Okay, so since first posting this I got a nasty cold and it doesn't seem to be ideal to go and blow my nose in the theater... :( So Zachary and I probably aren't going to go. Which really sucks 'cause it was my idea AND it'll probably only be in the theater for one weekend anyways.
    Sorry, guys. :(
  9. hal9k1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Try to rest and take care of yourself. Hope U Feel better.
  10. Mugen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I had to go to church last night, so I wasnt able to riding with the Tucson Harley Chapter to go see this movie..I am glad I was buisy, cuz they said it SUCKED! I guess I can wait for it to come out on DVD so I can make my own opinion... (glad I didnt have to fork out the 50 bux it costs nowadays to watch a movie, and popcorn and candy and dont forget the huge soda...)
  11. PikeKrzoick Jedi Youngling

The wife and I caught this last night...not at all what I was expecting.

Maybe it was just me, but the title and trailers kind of made it look like an all out war between dragons and armies in present day. I thought it was more like watching an ancient asian fable. I wouldn't call it bad, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Like everything else nowdays, it's got a love story twisted into it. The dragons were also those long, thin-bodied things with long whiskers, not the big beefy winged dragons like in Dragonheart. I like my dragons big and beefy!

Anyone else see it yet?
  12. dialswiftjustice Jedi Master

star 4
    THE REVIEWS SAID IT WAS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADD
Moderators: DieWompRatDie