main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

d20 stats for Mara Jade

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by 3263827, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    The search tool is giving me headaches, so I figure I'll just post this.

I'm looking for d20 stats for Mara Jade in the Rebellion Era (circa 1-2 months after ANH). All I've got is the Revised Core Rule book, which only has stats of Mara Jade Skywalker during the NJO.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Scale her back 5-8 levels.

Found the D6 stats for her as of Heir to the Empire. Maybe you can convert & scale back a bit. (OK, I know the d6-d20 conversions system isn't that great, but if you don't have anything else to go by...)

If you want them, PM me. (Actually, I expect you can find those on some website or other by running a quick search)

3. crashmurdoch

crashmurdoch Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2004
    The best stats I've found for her during that era is in the Darkside source book. It's first edition so you'll have to do some minor adjustments, but it's definately stats for her when she was one of the Emperor's Hand.

As a side note, there is a miniture for her as the Emperor's hand among the new Star Wars mini game, though I think she's really rare.

4. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    My one gripe about Mara Jade's stats is that she had several levels in the Emperor's Hand's prestige in DSSB, then they're gone and replaced with Jedi Guardian levels in RCRB. What happened? Why did the powers that be at WotC do that.

5. DarthNoctambulus

DarthNoctambulus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    She exchanged levels; two levels of Emperor's Hand for one Jedi Guardian level.

6. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    Because WotC is incosistant and changes their mind(s).

Don't know what system rules they're playing with, but I don't think any rules allow a character to switch out levels for different classes.

"When once you start down the dark path, FOREVER will it control your destiny"

7. DarthNoctambulus

Feb 24, 2003
    Nah, WotC take character stats seriously, too seriously for my tastes. I could care less about them, but some sourcebooks are but stat blocks for every kinor player in every minor tale. //shrugs//

You can exchange light side - dark side levels. There's a thread about that at JD Wiker's boards. I'll try to dig it up tomorrow. I'm too tired right now.

8. crashmurdoch

Jun 4, 2004
    I remember the thread that you are talking about. I actually got an E-mail from him about it. You can exchange 2 darkside levels for 1 light side level provided that you don't have any dark side points.

I imagine this is the thinking behind what they did with her stats. After all their was a long time between when she left the service of the Empire and when she and Luke finally married, so she probably burnned it off during that time and made the switch, probably around the time of the Jedi Academy Series.

9. diablos666

diablos666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2004
    I always got the impression it was a straight one-for-one level swap. Just as you swap Jedi levels for Sith levels (as explained in the Dark Side Sourcebook).

10. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    THat doesn't make sense. A jedi going to the dark side is still a jedi. Just a fallen jedi or dark jedi. Now, once they start taking sith levels, the sith levels should build on the skills they have in common, but over-ride the ones that are opposed. "Knowledge: Sith Lore" would have to start from scratch. "Knowledge: the Force" would just continue to grow. And obviously, such a character would be unpopular with any jedi it happened to meet.

This is why I stick to d6.

11. DarthNoctambulus

Feb 24, 2003
    I think it does make sense, and it's a good representation of fall and redemption.

Nothing will strip the character of any ranks in Knowledge (Sith lore) or any Sith Sorcery feat it could have obtained as prerequisites for the PrCs. It will forever be tainted.

On the other hand, swapping levels is always tricky, that's for sure.

12. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I have the Darkside Sourcebook and it has Mara's stats as Emperor's Hand. They are as follows:

Mara Jade: Female Human, Scoundrel 6/Emperor's Hand 5; lnit +2; Defense 22 (+10 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10m; VP/WP 78/15; Atk +10/+5 melee* (2d8+2/19-20, lightsaber) or +9/+4 ranged (3d6, blaster pistol); SQ illicit barter, better lucky than good, sneak attack +3d6, resource access, authority, . target bonus +2; SV Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +4; SZ M; FP 4; DSP 4; Rep 5; Sty 14, Dex 15, Con 15, lnt 13, Wis 12, Cha 14. Challenge Code: F.

Equipment: Lightsaber*, blaster pistol, yacht (Jade's Fire), Z-95 Headhunter, assorted weapons and gear, assorted disguises and fake IDs.
    *Mara Jade has constructed her own lightsaber.

Skills: Bluff +6, Computer Use +7, Craft lightsaber) +5, Demolitions +6, Disable Device +9, Disguise +10, Entertain (dance) +8, Gather Information +10, Hide +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +5, Knowledge (streetwise) +5, Move Silently +7, Pilot +10, Read/Write Basic, Repair +4, Sleight of Hand +7, Speak Basic, Speak Huttese, Survival +5.

Force Skills: Affect Mind +4, Enhance Ability +8, Move Object +9, See Force +11, Telepathy+6. Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Heroic Surge, Martial Arts, Point Blank Shot, Skill Emphasis (Disguise), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (vibro weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Control, Sense.

I hope this was of some help. :)

~edited for typos.

13. crashmurdoch

Jun 4, 2004
    Yup those are the stats alright, like I said their first edition so you might have to tweak them a little. (Most DMs do anyway)

I believe these stats are for about the time of her limited comic series, which would put them in about the right time period.

14. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    Thanks everyone (especially Amiry) for the help!

15. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I'm glad they helped. I figured the stats in the DS sourebook would be easier to go by than doing a bunch of calculations. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.