main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Da Misteress' Ugh Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mistress, Jun 6, 2005.

1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Pshaw! you are still young.

:p

And once again I get the "Very Merry Un-Birthday" song stuck in my head whenever it is anyone's birthday. I need help.

3. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I love that song! Actually D_N_T and the girls wrote their very own birthday song and it is really catchy and is going through my brain again...

Thanks everyone! I had a great birthday! Especially the bonfire of candles, half of which were the kind that wouldn't blow out, that the girls put on my cake.

:D

4. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Well, the day has come. I have to send in my laptop today. :(

So I'll be back in a week or two.

Bye.

[face_peace]

5. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Hopefully someone else in the house has an internet capable computer they will let her use...

For my ugh...My sinuses are performing their amazing barametric sensitivity trick where they hurt whenever the weather changes, like it is doing ALL this week. :_|

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Too bad you pirates don't have magic ninja powers to protect you from things like that.

7. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Sleep is no longer fun, refreshing or in any way satisfying. All I do is roll around, waking myself up trying to get comfortable. I get up more tired and cranky everyday. Maybe I should get a new bed?

ugh

8. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Kaety had that problem...

She got the idea that an air matress on top of the waterbed would help.

The result was not pretty...:eek:

9. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I think she told me the "human taco" story when we came to your house. I think my girth has tripled in that time...but yah, in the middle of the night you keep thinking of all these crazy ideas to improve your comfort. I might just have to purchase an old man recliner and sleep in that. :p

10. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    More like an upside-down turtle.

Limbs flailing in the air.

Woulda laughed at the time, if it wouldn't of been so dangerous. [face_laugh]

11. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    I can post with impunity right now since Kaety's computer is out getting a new CD drive...

I'll probably be in trouble next week..[face_worried]

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
  13. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I guess I will allow you forgiveness...since I'm not pregnant right now... ;)

Mistress - I once saw this wedge shaped pillow you can buy to prop your belly on when you sleep- probably a better idea than the air-mattress turned taco shell idea I had.

Do you have a cat? When I was pregnant our cat would always perch on my belly and purr. It looked absolutely ridiculous but I think the babies loved it. :)

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hope you find something that will help you sleep Mistress!!

I feel really sucky. FOr the last two days my chest has been burning, my back has been killing me, I've been dizzy and now I've got a fever. Uhgh

15. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    THAT'S no fun...

I've been at the 'somewhat stuffy, but mostly dry air' phase of my sinus cycle...I'm being proactive and taking severe decongestants now in an attempt to stop it from getting stuck up there and turning into another infection...I'll let you know if it works.

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    That sounds like the onset of pneumonia. A couple people on my team just went out with it.

My recommendation -- see a doctor as soon as you can.

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I was thinking if I still felt like this tomorrow I'll go in then. Thanks.

And good luck RDT!!!

18. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005

Could be the onset of Zombieness as well... So try not to eat the doctor...

19. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I don't recall soon-to-be-zombies (proto-zombies? neo-zombies?) experiencing pain during the transformation. In the ones that didn't have an overly violent crossover into zombiedom, they did mention feeling themselves change, but it was more of just feeling everything inside of them die. I believe the pain centers of the brain are the first to go before a person becomes a zombie.

So, if it's not pneumonia that's making her lungs hurt, it's more than likely a colony of flesh eating beetles.

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    As for the flesh eating beetles, I saw this interesting show on the Discovery Channel the other night where they actually did have colonies of flesh eating beetles living amongst bats in a cave. When a bat dies, often times its body will still cling to the surface it was originally on purely through rigor mortis, so these beetles would live their entire lives hanging upside down on inside the cave feasting on dead bats.

21. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Poor little bats! I like bats.:D

22. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005

DNT's response to Zoom-->
    There was an 80's remake of "Night of the Living Dead" (I think... Its the one where the zombiness is spread bites and through the inhalation of the ashes of the zombies stuffed in a crematorium) in which the "infected" suffered flu-like symptoms before trying to eat they're friends. The movie ended with the army nuking the site of the "infection", thus spreading the ashes all over the world (or so its implied).

23. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    So, has anyone seen Shaun of the Dead?
    I heard it's funny.

24. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Shaun of the Dead is hilarious. It's a must-see.

Maybe now that I'm done with homework for the week, I'll go watch it.

I remember that particular zombie movie -- what happened is that toxins in the ashes from the local crematorium were seeping into the ground, and it was re-animating corpses. You had to be dead for the toxins to re-animate you. And I think the zombies were actually somewhat senient, since they kept talking about eating brains. I think that at some level the zombies knew they needed certain brain chemicals to survive. No other case of zombieness has the re-animated recently deceased being able to think for themselves, except in "Land of the Dead" where the zombies start learning cause and effect, and there's this whole "2001: A Space Odyssey" moment, except instead of a monkey with a bone, it's a zombie with a shotgun.

I'm going to write a book on zombies...if there isn't already one out there.

25. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Although, it's possible that I might have missed something in the movie. I'm going to have to go through my collection of zombie movies again before starting 3-gun so I know what to look for.

On a more serious note, I've always wanted to go as a zombie for Halloween, but since I know a number of people that truly believe in the possibility of a zombie outbreak, I'm 99% positive that if I dressed like a zombie and acting like a zombie, somebody would most surely blow me away.