main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dab......SbS/DJ Spoilers!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Tahiri-Solo, Feb 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    ok, heres a thread,if there already isnt one, and if so i appologise, to discuss the boy altered to look like a certain someone......

why was he altered to look like Anakin? does e have a major role in the NJO?

2. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    I have no idea, all I know is that kid really freaks me out...

3. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    I haven't read it yet, but I LOVE spoilers (yeah, call me crazy). If it isn't too much trouble, could someone let me know who this dude is who looks like Anakin? I'm just curious.
    ~Inyri

4. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
    all i know is his name is Dab....and he freaks me out too, whats the purpose of an Anakin ookalike? did Viqi know something was gonna happen to Anakin?

5. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    He looked like Ani so that Leia and Han would feel even worse about them. His chances of getting off of Coruscant alive were pretty bad.

6. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I Viqi knew Anakin was going to die maybe he isn't really dead!!

7. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
    grrrr....now the NJO has gotten me all confused, I dont know what to believe anymore....

I still cant believe DJ....the funeral..oy...Kyps words, Jainas revelation about Anakin....

what does it all mean?!?!?!!?!?

8. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    All shall be answered by the end of the series :)

9. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Dab was a boy that Viki had altered to look like Anakin. When they were evacuating Coruscant, Leia saw the boy when she was boarding the Falcon. It was a trick to 1.) Mess with a Leia's head(Viki is evil like that). 2.)Lure Leia to a trap.

I hope that helps some. I don't know the exact pages sorry.

10. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    As was said above, changing his appearance was meant as a bit of a trap, for both Han and Leia actually. The appearance was meant to throw them off, then the sad story Sheesh(spelling please) painted for them was meant to close the trap. And it nearly succeded.

11. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
    yeeeees, but why would seeing Anakin hurt Leia? unless Viqi knew something was going to happen, i doubt it takes a day to change someones face so quickly......

theres something else behind all this.....

and im mpatient!!!

ANAKIN WILL BE BACK!!!!!.....I have spoken....

*wonders if her mind trick will work on the authors*" you will bring Anakin Solo back, you will..."

12. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    I believe at that point Leia already knew he was dead (she felt it), so it was shock to see someone who looked just like him. PLus, he was there to lure her and Han and Ben into a trap........I don't know why he;s still hanging around though.......

13. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    Could Dab be the "someone new" who will end the NJO? It would be cool.

14. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Anakin is dead, however this Dab seems interesting....

15. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I think that he will be important later. Don't ask me why, it just seems that way to me. He's in DJ for Pete's sake! Why on earth would they bring him back if he wasn't going to be important.

16. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    THere was a line at Anakin's funeral. Dab said that Viqi said it would be important for him to look like Anakin Solo. Now, Viqi was probably just being her usual evil self, but, there are higher powers at work in the universe than Senator Shesh, Leia Organa-Solo and the Yuuzhan Vong. Seemingly minor things can change the face of the universe. To bring Lord of the Rings into this, Bilbo's finding a ring in a cave allowed the evil realm of Sauron to be destroyed. Viqi Shesh's hatred of Leia may, similarly, be the downfall of the Yuuzhan Vong.

17. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    Does anybody think that Viqi Shesh will come back? I think she will resurface so that she will get her "just desserts!"

18. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Not hurt Leia or Han. They'd just gone through a bit of emotional turmoil. Sheesh seems to know about it. Seeing someone who resembles their lost son would be enough to get them to have their hearts go out even more to the sad story they'd be presented. Already they might not use their better judgement, this would be sure to keep that from happening. It was nearly enough to get Sheesh her little revenge with the TD. But thanks to the YVH droid she failed. And thanks to Threepio's fast thinking she would fail again in an attempt to get Ben.

19. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
    Anakin hadnt been dead for long and in SBS...Leia stated that Viqi was probably responsible for the arrangments of the deaths of several jedi, and perhaps had a hand in Anakins......page533...

eh, Dab interests me....maybe he dies or soething and anakintakes his body? ok...i should slap myself for that one.....

20. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Troy has admitted that he cannot talk about Dab (other than to say he needed him to fill a certain role) because it would violate the no-spoilers rule. At which point I say "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" :)

'cause now I still have no idea what it all means. Which I s'pose is the point. Still, I'd like to have closure on this issue. :)

22. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
    yup yup, that he did...but im not sure he knows whats in store for Dab...

could be a major person, but we dont know it yet.....

23. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    you people are all in denial- anakin is DEAD and he is NOT coming BACK. the little kid was cosmetically altered a bit to resemble anakin at age 12 to get sympathy from han and leia. viqi shesh, who knew than anakin was already dead at this point, used him to get close to han and leia. when they were close enough, she would try to sabatoge their plans.
    anakin is DEAD, as i said before, and DONT FORGET IT. i am willing to bet money that he will NOT come back.

24. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    "you people are all in denial-"
    No, we have an opinion that differs from yours.
    Oh great, not another arrogent post that insinuates that any opinion different from the poster's is automatically wrong. If you can't respect the fact that not everyone agrees with you, why are you on a message board where opinions are supposed to be exchanged? If you can't state your opinion without saying that everyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong, GET OUT!

"anakin is DEAD and he is NOT coming BACK."
    Again, that is only your opinion. Not everyone has to agree with you.

"the little kid was cosmetically altered a bit to resemble anakin at age 12 to get sympathy from han and leia."
    I believe that was already stated.

"anakin is DEAD, as i said before, and DONT FORGET IT."
    We are allowed to have DIFFERENT OPINIONS FORM YOU. DON'T FORGET THAT.

"i am willing to bet money that he will NOT come back."
    Good for you. If I cared any less, I'd be a sociopath.
    If you can't accept opinions that differ from yours YOU DON'T BELONG ON A MESSAGE BOARD. Period. End of statement. Such flagrently flamatory remarks directed at anyone whose opinion is different than yours DO NOT BELONG HERE. If you can't state your opinion without insulting anyone who has a different opinion, than you need to work on your people skills.

25. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Let's calm down here, please. I know I don't post in Lit much anymore, but I hate it when people act like their view is the only correct one. Myn, people are allowed to have different opinions. I respect your belief that Anakin is dead and won't come back. Thats not to say I believe it, but I respect that. If you can't do the same, then why are you here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.