main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Daenna's Fan Art is back! - 10/29/2007: RC, Galactic Marine, and Bardan Jusik WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Daenna, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Obi-Wan21!
    Thanks! The scout took a day and a half to complete :) Yeah the Darth Maul figure is kinda cartooney, a friend had requested it "just to make sure" that I was able to draw anything :p So maybe the heart wasnt exactly there, hehe...

Your_Worshipfulness!
    I'm glad you like them, they're my favorites, too :p When I saw that statue of the scout on his bike I knew just exactly what background I would draw for him, thought about it all the way home and I guess that worked out pretty good!

Adi_Gallia_9!
    I'll post other versions of those drawings so you can see how it looks without colors nor shading ;) As for Mando females, there aren't any in the EU (YET!) but it's a concept that Karen Traviss has worked on, Tom Hodges did some graphic research and that's about it (see pic). I hope that someday we see novels or comics featuring those female warriors who aren't just looking sexy and mean and who can fight just as well as guys... The "femme fatale" type of female character always pisses me off, that's why I like this topic :)

Maul pencil

Scout Trooper ink

Mandalorian girl ink

2. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    That Mando woman rocks! In both that one and the scout trooper, you do a very good job of capturing a moment in time, rather than just a pose. The trooper makes me think he's about to take his helmet off and eat a bag lunch any second.

I also really like the coloring on the fist Mandolorian and Shaak Ti. It is very simple and bold. It looks great with your style.

The colored clone pilot is also very nice. So many people tend to make the helmets look too small. I think yours is very nicely proportioned. There's a lot of equipment that needs to fit inside a bucket...

Can't wait to see more.

3. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    Damn that´s some sweet pics.. And of course, I favor the Mandalorian pictures and would like to see more of that kind...

4. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Siths_Herald
    Thank you, constructive criticism is welcome all the time! I'm happy you all like the pieces, even if they're not very extended. Can't say much about why I use this or that technique rather than another because being self-taught, I'm trying to do the best with what I have, learning by doing, and such.

You'll be surprised to know that I used one of my clone action figures for model when I did the pilot :p And that helmet looks very cool too.

And btw, I checked out your own art: I'm highly impressed! I really like all the spacecraft.. it's ace!

VIII
    Yeah, I want to draw more Mando stuff... if you have any ideas pleeease tell me about it, at the moment I'm in a terrible "artist's block" :( :p

5. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Cool beans! Wonderful Mandogirl you've got there. I think this is the first Star Wars woman in armour (Mandalorians, Stormtroopers, what-have-you...) that's realistic, and not slutty. Excellent stuff. It's been said already, but I'll say it again... great contemplative look! Something's definitely going on in her head. Wonderful! :D

6. talonstarshade

talonstarshade Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2005
    Woah, awesome updates Daenna! That Mando-girl is amazing. Great work.

7. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Great art you have here, both Mandalorians (especially the woman) rock!!! =D= [face_peace]

8. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Great job! I admire your style of artwork and like Siths_Herald said, you really capture a moment. The Mandalorian Woman and the Scout Trooper pieces feel more like snapshots rather than portraits.

9. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004

10. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Okay, here we go with more Mandos!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ninja_pukie/doodle/mando_coruscant.jpg]

The gun on the left is the Verpine rifle, as a special tribute to Karen Traviss :p

11. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Once again, very nice!

12. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Wonderful job again, Daenna! I loved just the ink outline of the Mandalorian woman. That's such a great pose and a beautiful picture! And I like the new one too of the two warriors. Great coloring! :)

13. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Snazzy! I love the lighting :)

14. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    You draw beautifully. I love your ink drawings and that last pic of the Mandos is beautifully colored!!

Great job!

AG88

15. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello Daenna, and welcome to Fan Art! I had to pick my teeth up off the floor after looking at your gallery--you really only just started drawing two months ago?! It's absolutely amazing if it's really true, because the skill you already possess is astonishing! These are all gorgeous--I especially love the "infantry" studies you've done: all the clone troopers, pilots and Mandalorian warriors (male and female!) are beautifully proportioned and rendered in amazing detail, right down to the spare ordnance, comm devices and weapons. I think that the Scout trooper and the Mandalorians on Coruscant are my favorites--both are gorgeous in perspective, detail and coloring--your sense of light is also beautiful, and translates perfectly to your style in these. All amazing, and I can certainly see you getting right into the art industry with skills like this! The very best of luck to you in your pursuit of an art career (remember us here in the forum fondly when you "hit it big!" :D )--and we'll be happy to look at anything you care to share with us here!

FF

16. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Awesome new piece!!! I love the Verp, heh! The Mandos look great, too, but maybe you could color them more individually... for both have grey armor there - but that's not really bad, at all ;) Still an amazing piece of art, I love it! [face_peace]

17. talonstarshade

talonstarshade Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2005
    More Mando's! Awesome. If you haven't noticed, I'm a huge fan of Mandalorians. :p Amazing work Daenna! Keep it up. ;)

18. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone!

At the moment I'm studying styles, proportions and perspective... it's a lot of work each time I try something new but at the same time I hate to do twice the same type of drawing :p

And FalconFan, reading your post warmed my heart :) And no, I was drawing during my whole childhood but stopped when I started playing music in my teens... it's only in january this year that I got back to drawing. Hope that makes it clear, I'm not some kind of genious :p

Adi_Gallia_9! I remember you requested Adi Gallia.... Today I tried my hands at "fantasy" style and here's the result:

Adi Gallia

I'm not totally satisfied by it... but it's just a "study", I might draw her again in the future, her headdress is really cool :)

19. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Adi Gallia: Wow! Looks phantastic! Esp like her lightsaber and the pose. =D=

Darth Maul: :eek: That's an evil smile!

Mandalorian Girl: Incredible! Great how she looks down on her helmet like she's thinking about her life and love the look in her eyes. =D=

20. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    That's a great take on Adi Gallia :) The simplicity of line is fantastic!

21. mMathab

mMathab Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2001
    Great art! You really manage to come out with cool graphics doing your clones. And all mandolorians should be females!

22. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice Adi Gallia, Daenna! I'll jump in and agree with Darth_Snuggle that the simple lines and shading really make this elegant--I also like the tense and anticipatory look on her face, as though she's scanning around for her enemy (those Order 66 clones...?). Great piece!

FF

23. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    My first attempt at picturing a landscape... of course I had to rush head first into Coruscant :p

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ninja_pukie/doodle/dm_coruscant.jpg]

I was always fascinated by this planet... so now I'm pretty glad I could do this :) The drawing is essentially artist pens and markers. The sky and sunburst effect are made with Paint Shop Pro

Edit:

Here is the colored version of it!

Coruscant in colors (1280x1024)

24. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    Wow, that´s awesome and the two Mando´s are cool too...

25. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Very nice art. I really like it. I like the way you color. Keep up the good work.

Ry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.