main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Daenna's Fan Art is back! - 10/29/2007: RC, Galactic Marine, and Bardan Jusik WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Daenna, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Wonderful stuff! Coruscant looks great. Keeping perspective together is not always an easy thing. I really like Adi and the Mandalorians as well. I just realized I hadn't responded about them yet! Wonderful lighting on the Mandalorian image, and a good sense of the depth of the city's chasms as well, without showing too much. Adi's saber looks really good. It's almost as if it's just been ignighted, but not fully yet. Show me more!!! :D

Thanks for your comments in my thread too! :)

2. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Wow, thanks so much for drawing Adi Gallia, Daenna! I absolutely love your rendition of her!! Very cool style. She looks totally badass, which is great! :) Thank you again!

And great job on the Courscant landscape too! I find Courscant to be fascinating since there's so much going on and you did a wonderful job depicting the hustle and bustle of that planet.

Great job as always! Can't wait to see what's next :)

3. alienyouthct

alienyouthct Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    I like the Mandochick and of course I have a weakness for anything Shaak Ti. Keep up the good work.

4. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Thanks all for the cool feedback!

Here's for all you Mando'ade who want to see more of this...:

Mando dala'ika ;)

It's only an ink for now... Will work on colors tomorrow!

5. alienyouthct

alienyouthct Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    I like it. Too often people turn female Mandalorians into Booba Fett. It's refreshing to see something tasteful and realistic done.

Can't wait to see the finished piece.

6. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
  7. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    Wonderful, I loved the helmet markings...

8. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Oooh, another amazing Mando gril! [face_dancing] Great job, I like it very much! :)

9. Thyke

Thyke Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2005
    I like it!!! Mando Girl looks to great [face_peace]

10. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    Awesome! 'nuff said.

11. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Hey Daenna! Love your stuff! Mando girl is too great! I also really like the scout trooper on the speeder bike. I look forward to more!

~~Giolon

12. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Wonderful!!! Excellent work on the helmet, and the angle of the head. There's real attitude in her stance, that's fantastic. More, I say! MORE!!! :)

13. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Thanks again everyone! I'm happy you like the female mando's... I hope that someday I might do something even cooler with them as main characters...

And yesterday, I wanted to train myself to draw kids, so I picked the one from my avatar :p

Ashla the youngling

14. Chasca

Chasca Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2006
    I love how you draw the Clones and Mandolorians. They're very realistic and proportionate, and the detail is great! My favorite picture would have to be the Mandos on Coruscant. It literally took my breath away. Your coloring skills and the way you draw weapons and other technology are top-notch too. And Ashla is adorable!

15. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Aww, how cute! Looks just like Ashla :)

16. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Ok, this is probably "off topic", but today I succeeded in depicting Brunnhild, main character in "Ring of the Nibelungs", an awesome viking/fantasy movie I think... Brunnhild is played by Kristanna Loken, the Terminator 3 chick :p

Brunnhild (ink)

Woooh! *feels proud* I had never done so much detail on a character before! [face_dancing]

By the way I made myself an online portfolio, but the address is still temporary....

My portfolio

17. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Wow, love the new work, Daenna! The mando girl is just awesome!!! :)

And I went and visited your portfolio - it's great! I love the layout. And I was happy to see some shiny Firefly drawings!

18. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Yes---Femme Mandos were pictured in the last issue of Star Wars Insider #86---there was a special Mando article!! I just drooled over it! Yes, Tom Hodges drew the pics for it. I'm the same way----warrior women don't all have to be size 0 and overly "blessed" in the bust. You go Mando girl! he hee

I loved your Mando Lady, Daenna! I do like how you drew her armor and the colors seem to work very well. I too think she's looking very thoughtful. and the Scout Trooper--I think the grey tones work for it---looks like he's waiting for something or just taking a break (well, coming within inches of hitting trees going umpteen miles per hour on a speeder bike can wear one out!)[face_hypnotized] ;) Good scout!

19. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Just love the latest Mandalorian girl, Daenna! The detailing on the costume is wonderful, and your poses are all so natural and easy (is jealous.. ;)). The unique designs on her helmet and shoulder guard show some personality, and I love her hair falling down her back! The youngling is darling (and I totally agree--kids can be hard!)--and I was blown away by Brunnhilde! What a wonderful rendering of a female Viking warrior! The braids are fanstastic, as is the armoring--you should be proud of yourself! =D= Another great piece!

FF

20. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Wonderful Ashla picture. She looks so innocent and cute! I also took a gander around your website. Nice stuff! Keep it up!

21. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Adi_Gallia_9: Thanks, the Firefly portraits I did were some kind of tryouts and practicings... I hope I have time to work on the rest of the Serenity crew in the near future :)

FettFan79: I love the scout trooper too! It's hanging on my wall just above my desk right now... I might frame it and get a good price for it when I'm broke and desperate :p

FalconFan: Thank you :) The poses and attitudes is something I wanted to master in priority when I started learning techniques. Especially when you can't see the face of the character (hidden under a mask or helmet), the rest of the body has to express everything. I tried working on other types of poses before, like hard rock musicians and rockstars who like to appear "heroic" or dangerous in their pictures, especially in live shows :p

Basement24: Glad you like the site! It's cool to have it, it makes me want to draw more to fill it up! :p

Sorry not to produce anything Star Wars for a little while, but an artist has to be able to draw many different things ;) Last week I was at a metal concert and it revived the crazy metal fan in me, and meeting my guitarist friend made me want to make something special for the band...

So here's both the guitarists of the Swedish band In Flames, Jesper Strömblad and Björn Gelotte:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ninja_pukie/doodle/rockstars/jeppe_bjorn_ink.jpg]

They also happen to be huge SW fans but, who cares, right? :p

22. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    Daenna

Awesome Work! What I love about your pieces is your linework, everything looks like they were drawn with one stroke of the pen, beautiful. I love your scout trooper piece! I have that model at home, and I can picture the model standing freely in front of your portrait. Way Cool ;) Also I'm a big In Flames Fan, you definitely caputed Jesper and Björn!! Excellant!

Excalibur14

23. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    :eek: I LOVE YOU!

:p At this day I'm totally crazy about them and everything I do is somehow related to them!.... Thanks for dropping by, I'm delighted that you like my stuff!

If you check my portfolio, I updated if with more IF art! Hehehe... it might seem kinda groupie-ish from me, but it's not what it looks like. Jesper's actually an awesome friend of mine, he oozes of geekiness :p

24. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    Thats awesome! I have almost all of their songs loaded on my i-pod (well them and many many others) I'm listening to Children of Bodom now while trying to finish my April challenge piece. Checked your portfolio, I really like your stuff.

I have a thread somewhere in here with my work, feel free to check it out!

Again awesome work! [face_dancing]

Excalibur14

25. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Mando Girl 2 is simply awesome. This is one of my favourites on the forum. What makes me like it so much is that she looks realistic, and the form and pose looks natural (as FF pointed out). That and I like the fact that there might be female soldiers around, since all that I've ever seen are storm or clonetroopers (all men). The part I like most of her outift is that little chain hanging from her belt. It's different and she just seems to be uniquely stylish in general that sets her apart from others to make her a strong stand alone character, imo. Kind of makes me wonder what she looks like underneath the helmet. =D=

The youngling is super cute (Looks just like the avvy), and all the decorated detail on both Brunnhild's hair and costume looks excellent - Good work. Will you colour it?

I'm afraid I've never heard of the band, but the lineart is very clean, the style looks great and I like the work you've put into their expressions. I was thinking it would be neat if you could maybe stick the band's logo behind them (if they have one) - kind of make a poster or wallpaper out of it. Just a thought.

- Suz ^_~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.