main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Daenna's Fan Art is back! - 10/29/2007: RC, Galactic Marine, and Bardan Jusik WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Daenna, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Thanks, Bieren! I, too, enjoy the Scout Trooper a lot. I believe it was made during my creativity peek and that's why I never get tired of admiring it *ego moment*

New stuff coming up!.... I actually have a fan fiction story in progress ( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2702252/1/ ) which is taking ages to take form, but it only took me a couple of days to draw the main characters!

> Fanfic main characters (sketch) <

A clone commander, a rogue bounty hunter and a Jedi with weird issues. The story's complicated and I might actually re-write it when I get the courage :p

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    "A clone commander, a rogue bounty hunter and a Jedi with weird issues."

[face_thinking] :D :p

Ooooo! I might just have to ask for the link to this when you get it going! :D

I love all of these, Daenna! Each is very unique, and I can see their individuality already! You really have a gift for giving your characters' faces...character: each one has a terrific and very appropriate expression and they illustrate your short descriptions extremely well already. Superb work on the costuming/weapons/clothing once again-- **is jealous** --you're so good at that!

I'll be very much looking forward to seeing these three fleshed out--in colors and in print! Wonderful work! =D=

FF

3. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Very, very nice new WIP! [face_dancing] =D=

I'll check out your fanfic some time soon, and I suggest you post it over here, at TFN, too: http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/

Keep up the great work! [face_peace]

4. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Cool that you both like it! I'm posting the link again: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2702252/1/

Working title is "Coerced Coexistence", 3 chapters so far... It's quite long so I'm gonna have to get working on it (as soon as I finish reading Bloodlines...). I remember starting to write this fic when I was into crime novels and SWG. So the plot is very twisted, there's some backstory too but I haven't even completed that one either!

5. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
  6. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    I stayed in today due to some bad flu I caught the other day (the Force isn't with me when it comes to germs :( ) so I was stuck with my computer for only company, which helped with finishing my latest works :)

> The Completed Fanfic characters <

I didn't use the Smudge tool this time... so it might not look as subtle as the previous pieces because I wanted to go faster.

The background is trying to look like they're on Dantooine :p

7. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The poses are really good, the faces are great, and the background is beautiful. I like the lake and the mountains fading into the distance, it really sets the scene.

8. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    that is great!

9. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    soitscometothis!
    Thanks very much :) That background with the mountains and lake is a result of smart picture-theft but shhhhh :p Like I said: I wanted to get faster so I fell to the dark side.

Alishu06!
    thank you! :D

One special big THANKS to Corran_Fett for uploading my Bardan Jusik pic as an icon!!!! [:D]

10. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    You're welcome, Daenna! :D

As for your new work, it looks [doctorwho]beautiful[/doctorwho]! [face_mischief] :D
    And the different technique used (without smudging) makes it an interesting piece, especially because shadows and highlights pop out more--what is good! :D

The background fits nicely, too! =D=

Keep up the great work! ;)

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Awesome! I agree with everyone that's commented on the b/g here: it's wonderful, both in perspective and composition, and it really fits the figures. I love the rather muted, earth-toned palette you've used here--excellent for "atmosphere," and it really compliments the entire piece! Wonderful sky, too (great "sliver-moon" up there!)! =D=

FF

12. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Your OCs look amazing!

13. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    VERY nice work Daenna! I also like the details of the grass

14. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    FF!
    Thanks! Cool that you like the muted tones I used, I wasn't all that sure about how it would turn out when I experimented that part, so it's definitly a success for me if you noticed that! :)

SilSolo!
    Thanks very much :) I try to kick my butt into writing more about them instead of doodling :p

FettFan79!
    Thank you, vod! That grass is just a special Photoshop brush, and yeah it's a lot of fun to fiddle around with :D

15. Koza_Toragh

Koza_Toragh Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    That's a dented varient by LoneWolf from thedentedhelmet.com It's one of the most unique Mando buckets around IMO.
    Here's his thread with some more full armor pics:The LoneWolf at Dragon Con

I love your artwork Daenna. It's very insperational, especially since I'm working on the script for a mando fan film. Keep it up!

edit: and of course now I realise it's been a while since thie one was posted on [face_whistling]

16. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Wonderfully done! That's a great piece you've got there. I really enjoy the quality of line and colour on the characters, and it fits so well with the background. Excellent stuff, keep it up! :D

17. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Wow that is really well done. I like the girl. I don't know the story but she reminds me on Jaina with they way she is dressed, and the blaster at her side. very cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.