main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dagobah...familiar?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Kennerboy, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kennerboy

Kennerboy Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2002
    There has been much speculation in the Episode III forums about Luke's line in ESB that Dagobah felt somewhat familiar or whatever the line was and that this would be explained in the movie.

This is a question for veterans of that discussion.

Has it been proposed that it wasn't Dagobah that was familiar to Luke but Yoda? Or maybe even the Dark Side (in the cave). That while Luke may have thought the planet felt familiar it was a presense in the force that he was remembering from when he was young similar to Vader's feelings when Obi Wan first came abord the Death Star.

I assume that many people have thought this before, I am just curious if this is a fairly accepted theory out there in fan land vis-a-vis that line in ESB.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    There are two leading theories:

1) Luke met Yoda when he was an infant, and he remembers Yoda's presence.

2) Luke was born, or spent some of his infancy, on Dagobah.

3. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I don't think either one of those is true (not to question your Star Wars omnipotency, Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek ;)). I think that it was merely a way of the Force telling Luke that he was in the right place, sort of a way to guide him.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I like Bib's ideas, and I hope they come true, but I'm not sure if it'll happen or not :(

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I agree with Warrior, in that it was the Force making Luke feel familiar with Yoda/Dagobah and not because he had met Yoda or even lived on Dagobah for a while.

6. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I'm with Warrior of Mandalor (wouldn't want to be against a Mandalorian warrior ;)). Didn't Luke say that there was something familiar about this (place)?. If he felt familiar to Yoda he'd have said "him" instead of "this".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.