main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Daily Life

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Larena_Jade, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    So now can we finally kill this thread. After 1500 posts it must be now clear.....OFF members have no life.

LOL

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Hey there! Yay, finally posting!

But funny thing about Germany, his orders got changed last minute to Italy instead. So though I am a bit disappointed(as I was looking forward to the majestic beauty of Bavaria and the Alps), at least it's still Europe! Italy will be cool. And we are actually still going to be at the foot of the Alps, even though it's not the Northern Alps(blast!). I tend to think Italy as a whole is a bit overrated. But enjoy it, I will. Especially the old country areas. [face_peace]

Also, I am successfully 6 months pregnant now. How the blazes did I get so far?! I will be 7 months when we make the trip out to Italy(the exact cut off for airline restrictions on flying when pregnant) so we just barely made that one! Lets just hope I don't go into labor...[face_worried]

That's all for now! Off to go finish the lame process of clearing out of Fort Bragg(yay, no more Fayettnam!)

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Very true. :p

4. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Today...

our lives end...

with the release...

of Sims 3...

:_|

5. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Were you even alive when Sim City first came out?

6. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
  7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I've never played The Sims before.

8. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Sim City, the predecessor for the Sims, was a bit befor your time, Matt!

- Bill

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I was referring to all of the sequels that were made when I have been alive.

10. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    You mean you were alive in 1989? Boy, you're old !!:p

11. DeadOrAlive

DeadOrAlive Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2009
    Says the 41 year old?:p ...[face_peace]

12. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Well aren't WE in a mocking mood! [face_not_talking]

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
  14. DeadOrAlive

May 15, 2009
    Ugh, I can't wait 'til college starts. I'm so bored.

15. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Wow, lol. I always couldn't wait until college was over. I have never understood the concept of being bored, with all there is to do in the world and to learn! No way...

16. DeadOrAlive

May 15, 2009
    I wish I had that same worldview.[face_worried] After a year of not going to school and not doing anything I'm itching to get back to school.

17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I guess I never understood that one. I mean, school is structured and all, but if you're creative and thoughtful you don't need structure to learn -- the world is all around you, there to be explored. School is not only boring but obnoxious. A bunch of people who are experts in one field acting as if they have real knowledge, when most of them do not. Most of them are bits and pieces of real people, with knowledge to share in a subject matter and for you to learn but you have to be cautious about anything else they might try to impart on you. Ultimately, I prefer learning on my own, because I like to be my own teacher / guide. It's much easier to plot your own course and learn your own way, rather than learning the way someone else wants you to. At least, I found that to be true, but I suppose the average person is fine with an average path, I just wasn't wanting to be held back to the level everyone else was learning at. It was never that appealing to me.

18. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I already know that I'm old ! :p

19. DeadOrAlive

May 15, 2009
    It's raining again! Looks like another thunderstorm. Does it always rain this time of the year in Oregon?

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well, there has to be a little moisture each summer.

21. DeadOrAlive

May 15, 2009
  22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Is there a lot of rain coming down right now where you are?

23. DeadOrAlive

May 15, 2009
    There was, a moment ago. Things have cleared up a bit, but it was never like this in California.

Edit: Oops, nevermind. It's raining again.

24. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002

Welcome to the beautiful, green, crazy Oregon!
    Each Oregonian has the fresh brisk air planted in their souls(and most don't even know it, in fact think they hate it!). Ah, Oregon... you are insane and insanely wonderful! How I miss thee so! Never deciding whether to rain or shine! Some of the best diverse weather around, for when we get sunny days it's always filled with the quality of perfectly balanced moisture. Not too dry. Not to humid. Mmm, Oregon, you create such a marvelous world of valleys, mountains, trees, waters, and healthy fat terrain!

My roots cry out to me from this terrible Fayettenam, NC. They can just keep their sweaty cockroaches and unintelligent attitudes. How any soul thrives in this wasteland is beyond me. Not even good FOOD exists here.

25. DeadOrAlive

May 15, 2009
    The area I live in pretty much sounds like what you're describing. It's a beautiful town but the people, that's a different story. It's Hicksville over here. I wish I lived in Portland...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.