main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Daily Life

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Larena_Jade, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PDX_TwiChick

PDX_TwiChick Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2006
    Wow your baby is incredibly adorable!! Congrats!! Man it's been ages... well technically a few years since I've been on here! It's good to see that everyone is doing so well. i think the last time I posted i was pregnant and in New Jersey. I'm back in Oregon, have been for some time and my spawn is going to be 2 on Thanksgiving :oops: Time flies!!!

[image=http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii274/jordanshoshan/DCP01091.jpg]Before...

[image=http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii274/jordanshoshan/jordan3.jpg]Now!

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Welcome back PDX_TwiChick! Always good to have returning members! [face_peace]

I can't wait until Ferynne has that much hair! Everyday I check to see if maybe it's gotten a bit longer yet, haha.

And even though everyone in the WORLD tells me "You'll wish she was this young again when she gets bigger" and "I wish mine was that little still" I still can't wait for her to get bigger because I can't wait to play with her! I can't wait to interact with her on a more intelligent level and talk to her while we play silly little games. Who wants to take bets? I don't care if she's crawling around getting into trouble, I'm the type of mom that will be crawling around with her! [face_laugh]

3. PDX_TwiChick

PDX_TwiChick Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2006
    HAHAHAHA Yeah I crawl around with Jordan alot and jump on the bed and tickle his tummy and we babble at each other, but I miss when he was smaller and how he used to sleep on my chest in a ball. It makes me want another baby so very bad... but he is alot of work, not sure I have it in me to have another, my pregnancy was horrible and ended with a 2 month hospitalization that would read like a horror story. =/

But I digress.... playing with Jordan is awesome... he does something new everyday that makes me go WTF?! LOL!

4. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    That is so awesome to hear.... glad to see you posting here on the boards, again!

- Bill

5. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Dude, Yoda looks like a red smurf or something what's up with that.

Anyways. Since motherhood is consuming my life for the moment I'm going to be one of those and post another picture of my baby(what else is there to do?)

[image=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/Teliis/IMG_1409.jpg]

But, laugh if you will, I can't wait to be able to get my life back. =P
    I just mean, be able to be myself again, instead of a milk machine who is stuck at home 24/7. A person could go crazy being alone that long all the time with a baby.... wait, I AM CRAZY!!!

6. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I'm back in Oregon!

I made it through Finals, graduated, and have just arrived back home. I'm car-less, jobless, and have a lot of unpacking to do, but I'm home and that is what matters!

also,

Happy Thanksgiving! [face_chicken]

-IJedi

7. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Oh by the way, Vengie is now deployed to the big bad Afganistan. Just thought you should know...for some reason...lol. ]-}

8. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    [image=http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/5/2/6/1247625.jpg]

9. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Give Vengie our best. He is in our thoughts !!

10. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Absolutely.... our thoughts and prayers will be with him.

11. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Wooooo, one month down in this stupid deployment! [face_dancing]

12. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Wow... she's not bitter. No, not in the least.

13. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Bitter? Where does this idea of bitterness come from?

14. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Oh, I don't know, phrases like "stupid deployment" tend to give that impression...

- Bill

15. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    The Force will be with Vengie, always.

-IJedi

16. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    well, who would actually like having their best friend and love gone? And by all means, the deployment is stupid. But I wouldn't say bitter. At least because after he is done we will get a free education, they will PAY him while attending college, getting to buy whatever home we want thanks to the VA loan, and while waiting we have everything provided for us(house, utilities, and a substantial paycheck to invest in our savings account.)

So maybe i'd like to be bitter. And I make fun of the Army all the time for fun anyways(like: the motto in the Army is "hurry up and wait"). But they do take care of you. Plus, I try to be one of the more sane emotionally unstable Army wives out there. :p

17. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I suppose you have a point there. But this is a volunteer Army. Nobody made Vengie join up, he did it himself. So he put himself in the position to be deployed by signing on that dotted line. To me, it makes zero sense to gripe about deployment when, newsflash, that is what soldiers do: they deploy. They do their job for a thankless nation.

But they do take care of their own, and that is a good thing. But to reap the rewards of those benefits, soldiers and their families have to pay the piper. That kind of free ride doesn't come for free. You have to earn it! His deployment, pays for his free money for college, a really great deal on a house due to those VA benefits, plus all of those other amenities that a working-class stiff, such as myself, doesn't have the luxury to have.

You say stupid, I say he's doing his job. Don't demean it by calling it stupid. It does him a disservice.

On a side note, "hurry up and wait" is so true with the Army. I became real familiar with it, in my brief time in the service.

- Bill

18. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I have a question, who came to the last meeting?

and who came to the meeting before that?

I'm curious.

19. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Actually he didn't sign up to ever get deployed for a year. He had an 18X contract and he ended up not being able to fullfill it due to a knee injury, otherwise he was good to go. :)

My husband doesn't want to be deployed anymore than I want him to. Saying the deployment is "stupid" is merely a way of maybe getting any unhealthy emotions out in a non aggressive way. It doesn't do him a disservice. He works hard. He is out on missions for 48 hour periods of time only to return for 4 hours of sleep so he can go out on another mission. I fully support him and all the hard work he is doing. Again, saying it's stupid is only my way of saying "gee, this sucks." and nothing more.

By the way, and I only say this truly out of wanting to let you know, you shouldn't ever say "You knew what you were getting into when you signed up." unless you want to be truly hated by all the grieving families in the Army. You just don't say that. You have to understand. I'm very serious. I've had to work really hard to be okay, and if it were anyone else you would have gained a new enemy.

*breathing deep*

I'm okay. :)

20. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I MISS BOWEN! :_|

He always knew what to say! [face_laugh]

Lets have a moment of silence for our fallen companion... [face_flag]

Oh how we would go back and forth on things! Oh how he had such a long winded opinion on everything! :p

Now lets have an all time favorite quote from him: "It's epic fail meets legendary fail" :_|

Oh Bowen, where for art thou? [face_worried]

21. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Ah, but at least he's gone to a better place now... [face_peace]

22. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I think the last time it was Eric + Lucas, Matt + family, myself and Crash??? If I remember right it was at the Izzy's in SE Portland.

The one before that was.... I think the same people at a different Izzy's? I really can't remember, now. Where is Crash with his History of the OFF posts???

23. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I also know that once you sign the dotted line, the government owns your body, as it is now government property to with as they wish. I was in the Army. I do know a thing or two of how things work, even if I was only in a very brief time. See, I when I joined, I had medical x-rays to support that I was fit for service, but when I got to the training base both my knees swelled up and I was discharged due to my pre-existing medical condition (arthritus) that hadn't bothered me in 2 years, and now (thanks to joining the service) I have to deal with it for the rest of my life.

But it is true what I said. It's not like you guys crawled out from under a rock somewhere, or haven't heard, or read what is happening in current affairs. There is a war going on out there. He is a soldier. He chose this life and he is doing his bit for his country. I'm sorry, but criticizing the deployment, knowing that it was inevitable is likened to having cake and eating it, too. You can't have both, you can't have the benefits without exercising the risks. That is just things are, if that makes me an enemy for pointing it out, sorry. I choose to honor his bravery and sacrifice, rather than decry the job that he is doing, as stupid. The act alone trivializes what he is doing on behalf of an ungrateful nation (although, I am grateful for what he is doing.... I'm damned proud of him!)

It does suck, but it serves a purpose, whatever that purpose may be. Trivializing it as stupid only trivialize the sacrafice, in my opinion. It's ok to miss him, it's ok to worry about him, but for the love of all that is good, don't go saying in one breath that he works hard and in the next say that work is stupid - because that is exactly what you are saying!

- Bill

24. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Miss him? Why? All he ever did was insult people, including you, Larena, by putting them down and elevating himself as if he were deserving of being up on some pedestal. He's not here because people finally got sick of his crap and made it known they weren't going to put up with it anymore.

Believe me, the OFF is a much better place without that guy!

- Bill

25. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Bowen is in LA making music videos, short films and even some features. Quite a few of his projects have been accepted to film festivals and he seems to be rather successful. He's one of my facebook friends and he still pisses people off, but it's kind of good to have another perspective on things sometimes.

Speaking of military service. I spoke with a Navy recruiter last Thursday. I just have to lose like 10% body fat or 25 pounds first. [face_blush] So, I'm on a diet and fitness plan. Once I lose that, then I can see where my life is at and make the final decision to join or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.