main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Daily Mirror pics (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Welshguy, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Did anyone else catch these pics in today?s (11th March) Mirror? As someone who has gone spoiler free for episode 3, I was a little peeved to turn over a page whilst eating my tuna roll at lunch to be confronted with the image of a poor Anakin?s melted and mutilated body. At least it didn?t spoil any other plot details for the movie, we all more of less knew that Anakin goes for a lava bath, but the sheer graphic nature of just how badly burnt and mutilated (seemed to be missing his left hand and most of his right leg) he was left my tuna roll sitting a little uneasy. Its hard to see how this movie could get a ?U? rating with images of this nature (which is probably not a bad thing).

There was also another pic of Anakin being rebuilt as Darth Vader with a hooded figure (probably Palpatine) in the foreground. Some pretty amazing images, I have to say.

Its fair to say that its now a little more understandable why Darth Vader was so pi**ed off in episodes 4-6. Just hope that no more spoiler pics are published without big red warning signs on the previous page.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It was a good picture.
    But not what I expected. I f Anakin really fell in a lava type pit he would even have his robotic arm visible, let alone his mauled skin.

But it looks pretty good, and the sooner we see Vader the better.

3. DARTHMARENGHI

DARTHMARENGHI Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2004
    I've seen these a while ago - I just have no willpower-even though I'm interested to see images from EP3 Revenge of the Ewoks ( hope that's not a spoiler :)I do want to be surprised when I go to see it.With pics showing up this easily it's going to be difficult. Lucas should sack his security staff. Is it just me or do those crispy Anakin pics make you fancy a KFC - now there's a tie-in that Uncle George has missed!

4. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    yeah

could post those picts here

5. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well the way I see it, if Anakin was fully submerged in the lava then he would have died, or at the very least his eyes would have gone pop. Its a good bet that he was submerged from the neck down for only a short period of time, thus resulting in total body meltage while leaving the head more or less still in one piece (though his hair would have caught fire in the heat).

I'm also guessing that his robotic arm survived because it was not submerged long enough to reach the temperatures needed to melt the meltal, though the artificial skin on the arm would not have needed such a long period to be burnt/melted away.

6. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    Immersion in Lava would leave nothing at all. Being close enough to a Lava flow would cause burns like those.

That pic, BTW, is an amalgamation of different images that's why it looks a little odd.

The construction pic is a Ryan Church concept piece.

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, did a little research to find out if someone could indeed survive immersion in lava. Here?s what I dug up.
    The average temperature of molten lava is around 1050 ºC (1922 degrees F). The temperature used in a crematorium to burn bodies is around 1100 ºC (2000 degrees F), which takes 2-3 hours to fully cremate an average body.
    So while not particularly healthy, if only submerged for a few seconds in lava I think it would be possible for someone to survive this type of ?accident?. You also have to consider the advanced medical techniques and ?force? powers that would have been used to keep him alive before he received treatment.
    Remember how Anakin said in Attack of the Clones how one day he would be powerful enough to stop people from dying? Well maybe he was powerful enough to stop himself from dying, if only for a short period of time until he could receive the medical treatment he needed.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  9. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Anyone going to post these pics?

10. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    If the Lava is not too deep and flowing slowly enough then a person could survive for a very short time but would suffer burns of course. In fact people have survived falling into a lava flow.

From all the evidence it seems that the lava flow in ep.III is flowing very fast and deep (if you have seen the pics you'll know what I mean) so survival once immersed would seem unlikely.

Saying that it is SW so I am willing to overlook the technicalities just this once....

11. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I think the Daily Mirror should be sued for showing such pictures. Afterall, it´s still over a year to wait and they spoil the public with this graphic picture of Anakin already! There aren´t THAT many surprised left for III.
    Also, there is a variation which shows General Grevious (from the cover of "New Treat") and some info about him.

12. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Well, i think Welsguy's Research has put a firm answer to all those technical science buffs out there. He'd be a live, but after being dipped in lava is a process which requires going in and coming out...

How do you suppose that would happen? Thats refreshing! At least there are some questions still left about the most obvious of spoilers :D (not that i purposefully endulge in them).

13. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Well, i think it'll be obvious how he gets out. I mean Obi-wan might be all for im getting a lava bath, but i can't see him leaving him there.

Surely he'll use the force to get him out ala x-wing in ESB.

14. Thraxwhirl

Thraxwhirl Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    "I think the Daily Mirror should be sued for showing such pictures. Afterall, it´s still over a year to wait and they spoil the public with this graphic picture of Anakin already! There aren´t THAT many surprised left for III."

Only Lucas could sue them, and for that he'd have to be able to prove that The Mirror had infringed copyright. ie. publication without his permission, and to the detriment of the franchise's commercial potential. My guess would be that The Mirror actually did have permission, and that Lucas will be of the opinion that these photos will increase interest and anticipation of Ep III, and therefore raise ticket sales, merchandising etc.

I'd be surprised if Lucas is unhappy about these photos being published.

15. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, i think it'll be obvious how he gets out.

;)

[face_mischief]

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Something to do with force powers & possibly Palpatine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.